Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.fm?

1.fm?

(Please excuse my ineptitude; I've been using my Squeezebox Duet for about 10 years, but I am nowhere near the level of knowledge that many (most?) of you display.)

I was wondering if anyone has considered the possibility of creating an app or plugin to enable the Squeezebox to connect to 1.FM streams? 1.FM has about 70+ streams across various genres, and there are about 20 of them I particularly enjoy. I have entered a few of them into my Favorites by using TuneIn, but there are two problems with this: 1) not all of the available 1.FM streams are listed on TuneIn, and 2) of the ones that *are* listed, TuneIn has geoblocked many of them (I'm in the USA) despite the fact that I can listen to the blocked ones on 1.FM's own website without any special web player, etc.-- I just enter the URL and hit the play button and away it goes. Rather than cluttering my Favorites with all of these 1.FM streams, I'm hoping that someone can build something that will enable me to scroll through the various streams.

Thanks in advance,

Mitch Hellman

1.fm?

> I was wondering if anyone has considered the possibility of creating an
    > app or plugin to enable the Squeezebox to connect to 1.FM streams? 1.FM

I tried to find any information about their service... but their website
    isn't too helpful. Google found some About... page which mentioned they
    were Swiss :-). But no address or contacts form or developers
    documentation. If you can figure out whether they have an API, that
    would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchhellman View Post
    Rather than cluttering my Favorites with all of these 1.FM streams, I'm hoping that someone can build something that will enable me to scroll through the various streams.
    You could still use your Favorites - but move them into a sub-folder.
    A maintained plugin would probably be better for you but this should be a quick and easy workaround.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Hmmmm. I may contact 1.FM. I tried out the Roku channel for 1.FM, and it's a pitiful thing; all you can do with it is choose one of the streams and let it play. No way to indicate or save favorites, no title or artist info, no album covers, no indication of song length/elapsed time, no next song info... so I'm thinking of writing to them to see if they might improve the Roku channel, especially since both their webpage and their Android app have most (if not all) of these features. I'll ask about APIs, too.

RadioNet plugin

Name:  radionet.png
Views: 168
Size:  148.1 KB

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    RadioNet plugin

Name:  radionet.png
Views: 168
Size:  148.1 KB

ronnie
    I tried playing 1.fm Adore Jazz on my Radio and 6 streams were displayed. The first played OK so I tried the second one and now now my Radio is stuck in a boot loop.
    Edit. Finally started the Radio possibly by holding the "left" button but I have no idea why that worked.
    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Last edited by slartibartfast; 2021-01-21 at 01:31.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I tried playing 1.fm Adore Jazz on my Radio and 6 streams were displayed. The first played OK so I tried the second one and now now my Radio is stuck in a boot loop.
    Edit. Finally started the Radio possibly by holding the "left" button but I have no idea why that worked.
    go to the settings for NetRadio and tick the "display one url " box

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    go to the settings for NetRadio and tick the "display one url " box
    I didn't know there were any settings . What was causing the boot loop though? When it finally recovered the second stream played correctly. I have never experienced a boot loop with any player before.

Material Skin.

Name:  1.FM.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  187.1 KB
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 7.0.1/pi screen/AlloBoss DAC HAT/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I didn't know there were any settings . What was causing the boot loop though? When it finally recovered the second stream played correctly. I have never experienced a boot loop with any player before.

The plugin just finds the URL and lets LMS try to play it. I've had reboot issue with players and odd URLs. If the setting is "resume on poweron" then LMS will send the "bad" URL to the player once it is powered on (i.e. rebooted) and so loops.

There is something odd with the 2nd 1.FM reggae http://strm112.1.fm/reggae_mobile_aac - I can't get it to play with Receiver.

The "single URL" setting makes a playlist of all the playable URLs so a problem URL may happen again as it is in the playlist or LMS may just move onto next URL in the list.