Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tidal App not appearing in My Apps, and won't play queued songs.

Hi all.
    Just signed up for Tidal and trying to get it connected to LMS.
    I've read a few other posts with similar symptoms, to no avail.
    TL;DR: Tidal isn't appearing in My Apps, and when I have managed to get to its interface, I can queue songs from Tidal buy they return "Failed to play Stream"
    Any suggestions appreciated!

What tried first:

-Plugin is enabled in LMS Settings
    -MySqueezebox credentials are in LMS and appear to be working
    -Have added Tidal App in MySqueezebox, with valid credentials
    -Tidal is not appearing in the expected position on LMS My Apps, or player (Squeezebox Touch or SqueezeCTRL app).
    -There were no errors in server.log to this point.
    -Restarted LMS, full reboot, Disable/Reenable Tidal on LMS and MySqueezebox

Round Two:

-Having failed using the web player, I tried with the Squeezebox Touch itself: App Gallery ->Tidal ->Uninstall, then App Gallery ->Tidal ->Install
    -This asks whether to add a shortcut to Home, to which I said yes then opted when asked to Open Tidal
    -At this stage I could browse content and select things to play.
    -Tracks selected are visible in the queue, but will not play: "Failed to play stream".
    -There are now possibly related errors in log - see at bottom
    -Nothing in the Home menu, and no Tidal in My Apps on SBT or Web Interface

What I think it means, and help?
    1. First problem is trouble accessing the Tidal plugin interface in the frontends of LMS, SBT or SqueezeCTRL. The plugin clearly works a bit and credentials are valid, as I was able to browse and queue content. This resembles other posts I found.
    2. Even once I got to the Tidal app, playback seems to be trying to apply a protocol (wimp:/15519973) as a relative url to my main library path (file:///data__/m_virt/flac_hr/) per the error logs?

Code:
    [20-10-17 20:15:12.8102] Slim::Formats::Playlists::Base::playlistEntryIsValid (125) Warning: file:///data__/m_virt/flac_hr/wimp:/155199793.flac found in playlist:

Tidal App not appearing in My Apps,and won't play queued songs.

> Just signed up for Tidal and trying to get it connected to LMS.

Probably an unlucky moment...

> I've read a few other posts with similar symptoms, to no avail.

Did you see that there currently is an issue with streaming to some
    users' players?

> TL;DR: Tidal isn't appearing in My Apps, and when I have managed to get
    > to its interface, I can queue songs from Tidal buy they return "Failed
    > to play Stream"

Exactly this. It's being discussed eg. in
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=113070

> -Restarted LMS, full reboot, Disable/Reenable Tidal on LMS and
    > MySqueezebox *

- what LMS version?
    - what operating system?
    - where about do you live?

> 2. Even once I got to the Tidal app, playback seems to be trying to
    > apply a protocol (wimp:/15519973) as a relative url to my main library
    > path (file:///data__/m_virt/flac_hr/) per the error logs?

It needs a double slash: wimp://155...
    --

Michael

I'm having a problem as well. I tried the link to the other thread you referenced, but it just returned to this thread.

Background - I've been using Tidal via LMS/iPeng for years with no significant issues. For some time now, there's been a notice about changes in the Tidal authorization system, indicating that we may have to resubmit our Tidal credentials.

Starting on Thursday I began to have issues with Tidal. I re-entered my credentials, and it seemed to work again - briefly. But never completely and the symptoms varied. Sometimes the browser access worked. Sometimes it didn't. Sometimes iPeng worked as a remote control. Sometimes it didn't. I could not get iPeng to play music on my iPhone at all. This was true for my iPad as well. Right now I cannot get Tidal to work at all.

Initially I thought this was an iPeng problem, but now I am having the same problem with the browser interface.

I've also uninstalled/reinstalled the Tidal plug-in and uninstalled/reinstalled Tidal at mysqueezebox.com

LMS 7.9.3
    Windows 10
    NYC
    Last edited by john greenwood; 2020-10-17 at 08:26.

If Tidal is your only music source, can you access it via mysqueezebox.com or do you need to have LMS running somewhere on your network? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Apesbrain View Post
    If Tidal is your only music source, can you access it via mysqueezebox.com or do you need to have LMS running somewhere on your network? Thanks.
    It's not my only music source. I have a large library on my hard drive.

And it's been so long since I used mysqueezebox.com as a server that I can't remember how to do it.

Edit - finally remembered and tried to access Tidal through mysqueezebox.com. No luck - couldn't stream from Tidal that way.
    Last edited by john greenwood; 2020-10-17 at 13:46.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Just signed up for Tidal and trying to get it connected to LMS.

Probably an unlucky moment...

> I've read a few other posts with similar symptoms, to no avail.

Did you see that there currently is an issue with streaming to some
    users' players?

> TL;DR: Tidal isn't appearing in My Apps, and when I have managed to get
    > to its interface, I can queue songs from Tidal buy they return "Failed
    > to play Stream"

Exactly this. It's being discussed eg. in
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=113070

> -Restarted LMS, full reboot, Disable/Reenable Tidal on LMS and
    > MySqueezebox *

- what LMS version?
    - what operating system?
    - where about do you live?

> 2. Even once I got to the Tidal app, playback seems to be trying to
    > apply a protocol (wimp:/15519973) as a relative url to my main library
    > path (file:///data__/m_virt/flac_hr/) per the error logs?

It needs a double slash: wimp://155...
    --

Michael
    Hi, and thanks for replying!
    1. No, I didn't see that others were presently having an issue - thanks for pointing that out!
    2. My version and OS details in full at bottom, but in short 7.9.3 on openSUSE Tumbleweed. I live in New Zealand - do I need to configure this somewhere?
    3. The double slash: yes I thought that, but as/more significantly thought it should be absolute, not as relative to my library path?

Any suggestions on the "Not in My Apps" issue - or is it likely related to the issue others are having?
    Thanks again for your help.
    Code:
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.3 - 1591161343 @ Thu Jun 4 04:11:33 CEST 2020
    Hostname: tars
    Server IP Address: 192.168.20.10
    Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
    Operating system: SuSE - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.30.1 - x86_64-linux-thread-multi
    Audio::Scan: 1.02
    IO::Socket::SSL: 2.068
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)
    Total Players Recognized: 2

Quote Originally Posted by john greenwood View Post
    Edit - finally remembered and tried to access Tidal through mysqueezebox.com. No luck - couldn't stream from Tidal that way.
    Thanks for trying. It would be an elegant solution, but I suppose mysqueezebox.com would not want to deal with the bandwidth.

EDIT: Reading another thread, it appears it has/can work but is broken right now. The URL is passed by mysb.com to Tidal so it's not as much of a data hog as I'd thought.
    Last edited by Apesbrain; 2020-10-17 at 16:37.

Tried again this morning, but still can't get the Tidal plug-in to work. I tried to play a playlist, first directly from a Touch, then from the browser interface on my computer. In both cases Tidal jumped from track to track, and the log showed a subscribe/unsubscribe error for each track. I tried to unsubscribe/subscribe again as well as uninstall/install, both at MySqueezebox.com. I also tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Tidal plug-in. Made no difference. The Tidal apps on my computer and iPhone work fine.

Note - if there are other threads on this, I couldn't find them (other than my own posts in the iPeng thread when I thought the problem was there).
    Last edited by john greenwood; 2020-10-18 at 07:10.

Quote Originally Posted by john greenwood View Post
    Tried again this morning, but still can't get the Tidal plug-in to work. I tried to play a playlist, first directly from a Touch, then from the browser interface on my computer. In both cases Tidal jumped from track to track, and the log showed a subscribe/unsubscribe error for each track. I tried to unsubscribe/subscribe again as well as uninstall/install, both at MySqueezebox.com. I also tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Tidal plug-in. Made no difference. The Tidal apps on my computer and iPhone work fine.

Note - if there are other threads on this, I couldn't find them (other than my own posts in the iPeng thread when I thought the problem was there).
    Hi John - looks like it is a problem with talking to Tidal that is being covered in various other threads. This seems to be a pretty active one: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...-ahead!/page29
    It seems that Michael (mherger) is working on the pipeline. (the dude is everywhere on the forums and seems to be awesome).
    This thread I started was because I was setting Tidal up for the first time and assumed it was my error.
    I agree it wasn't easy for me to find the news that the Squeezebox<->Tidal stuff was currently broken/flaky: I did look but it was only Michael's message here that clued me in.

I'm just going to wait for the smoke to clear...

Quote Originally Posted by agt View Post
    Hi John - looks like it is a problem with talking to Tidal that is being covered in various other threads. This seems to be a pretty active one: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...-ahead!/page29
    It seems that Michael (mherger) is working on the pipeline. (the dude is everywhere on the forums and seems to be awesome).
    This thread I started was because I was setting Tidal up for the first time and assumed it was my error.
    I agree it wasn't easy for me to find the news that the Squeezebox<->Tidal stuff was currently broken/flaky: I did look but it was only Michael's message here that clued me in.

I'm just going to wait for the smoke to clear...
    Thanks. I did a search on Tidal and missed it.