Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 LastLast
    Is that "no" to both questions?
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by madbooks View Post
    No, not on the phone or on my home network.
    Joy! It's suddenly reappeared for no reason - don't understand why as I didn't do anything but thanks for your help. Can now see it as attached to router and appears on lms controll panel.

Joy! It's suddenly reappeared for no reason - don't understand why as I didn't do anything but thanks for your help. Can now see it as attached to router and appears on lms controll panel.
    Out of curiosity, how many access points do you have in your home?
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    6xSqueezeAmp!
    Contributing to Folding@Home : https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/squeezelite-esp32

Quote Originally Posted by sle118 View Post
    Out of curiosity, how many access points do you have in your home?
    I have two - the main router and an extender two floors above - do you think that may have been the cause?

Lost in Wifi Connection

hi,

Go back home after few day, the system doesn't work as i hope.
    So i connect to the access point of the DAC32 to have a look on the connection to the router
    the Dac32 doesn' connect anymore to the wifi router but it is still connected when i want to disconnect it.

I get this :
    Name:  Screenshot-2.png
Views: 265
Size:  22.9 KB

if I want to connect or disconnect it (click on the line of the wifi router) this happens :
    Name:  Screenshot-3.png
Views: 264
Size:  12.7 KB

the click on disconnect button keep the same state.

So I can neither connect or disconnect

a normal process should be :

Name:  Screenshot-2-b.png
Views: 268
Size:  15.4 KB

And now, after a battle with the dac32 access point I cannot connect anymore on the access point of the DAC.

"This site canĺt be reached192.168.4.1 took too long to respond."

Any idea to reset the DAC32 ?
    - DAC32 (polyvection) + turntable : Thorens TD190-2 + CD player : Marantz CD5004 + K7 player : Toshiba +ampli : Marantz PM7001 + speaker : Magnat Quantum 1005.
    - Raspberry 2 + Ampli-dac : Alientek D8 + speaker : Magnat Quantum Edelstein
    - Daphile on Acer_Aspire_One + Ampli-dac : Advance Acoustic A60 + Speaker : Elipson Studio Pro

Quote Originally Posted by sitro0 View Post
    hi,

Any idea to reset the DAC32 ?
    Forget the question, after a while the dac32 restart itself in recovery mode with its initial firmware.
    I repeat all the steps : connect to wifi router, upgrade the firmware and change the name. All is fine

Name:  Screenshot-5.png
Views: 265
Size:  28.9 KB
    - DAC32 (polyvection) + turntable : Thorens TD190-2 + CD player : Marantz CD5004 + K7 player : Toshiba +ampli : Marantz PM7001 + speaker : Magnat Quantum 1005.
    - Raspberry 2 + Ampli-dac : Alientek D8 + speaker : Magnat Quantum Edelstein
    - Daphile on Acer_Aspire_One + Ampli-dac : Advance Acoustic A60 + Speaker : Elipson Studio Pro

I have two - the main router and an extender two floors above - do you think that may have been the cause?
    In my opinion extender are a source of trouble.
    SqueezeBoxes: 1x Transporter (Living room) 1x SB2 (shed), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Study 2), few spare unit's (SB2, SB3, Boom, Touch)
    Server: LMS on Pi3B+ 8.1.2 on PcP 7.0.1
    Network: Draytek, Netgear Smart Switch 24p, Ubiquiti PoE, 3x Ubiquity

Quote Originally Posted by edwin2006 View Post
    Ok, thanks for letting me know.

Quote Originally Posted by edwin2006 View Post
    I would echo this view that Wi-Fi extenders are indeed a common source of network problems. If you absolutely must use one or more, we would strongly recommend only using professional grade 'mesh' network products like those from Ubiquiti

The support from this forum is outstanding - second to none i would say, but if anybody does have an ongoing issue, they can always contact us directly on support@polyvection.com.

---

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by PolyVection View Post
    I would echo this view that Wi-Fi extenders are indeed a common source of network problems. If you absolutely must use one or more, we would strongly recommend only using professional grade 'mesh' network products like those from Ubiquiti

The support from this forum is outstanding - second to none i would say, but if anybody does have an ongoing issue, they can always contact us directly on support@polyvection.com.

---

Bob
    I just wanted to double check one more time on the default settings for scan mode for DAC32. The following applies for parameter wifi_smode:
    - a means ALL channels. That is, the system will scan all channels for an access point beacon and then choose the strongest signal
    - f means fast. The system will scan from channel 1 and up then choose the first access point it finds regardless of the signal strength

I believe my base firmware still defaults to fast, as "ALL" was a concept introduced at a later point and I didn't want to disrupt the existing users which didn't have an issue. I reckon now with some distance that it was a mistake and that scanning ALL channels (a) would have been more stable.
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    6xSqueezeAmp!
    Contributing to Folding@Home : https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/squeezelite-esp32