Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by whitman View Post
    A quick power supply question, I have a Sony one knocking around, says...

Input 100V-240V
    50Hz/60Hz 70mA
    Output :5V [then a bar with three dots below] 0.5A

Any good?
    Is anyone able to give me a simple yay or nay if this is useable with the DAC32?

Is anyone able to give me a simple yay or nay if this is useable with the DAC32?
    It meets the requirement of 5V 500mA so yes.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

If this is a true USB PSU with a USB connection - then it is unlikely to kill the DAC32 as USB PSU are 5V.

Polyvection specs recommend 500ma so 0.5A is the same .

Thanks slarti and bpa. I was confused by the value 70mA in there, but that's good if the .5A is the relevant one. The supply has a UK plug with a cable that leads to a small block with the USB socket and those specs on it. Sounds like it won't "kill the DAC32" then, which is certainly preferable.

Thanks slarti and bpa. I was confused by the value 70mA in there, but that's good if the .5A is the relevant one. The supply has a UK plug with a cable that leads to a small block with the USB socket and those specs on it. Sounds like it won't "kill the DAC32" then, which is certainly preferable.
    70mA is the maximum input current presumably at the minimum mains input voltage. 500mA is the maximum output current.

Yes, 5v 0.5amp is the correct specification √

---

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by PolyVection View Post
    Yes, 5v 0.5amp is the correct specification √

---

Bob
    5 volt DC that is!

DAC32 - thank you

ok, DAC32 is amazing. I've been running #421 for a few weeks, and I've just taken my Transporter out of the cabinet to see if I miss it and I don't, which makes me sad for the past but happy for the future.

Now I've got a little puck that sounds great and does everything it says it does, and some more, and it might be replacing the Transporter, a reference device, for less than $100 USD, delivered. That's crazy.

Between the PolyVection team Bob and Philip, and stalwarts Michael and Philippe (and many others), this community is really astounding. Thank you!

Excitement increasing here now as my DAC32 is due to arrive any day.

In post #499 Slartibartfast recommended syncing my SB3 to the DAC32 because I wanted to keep the benefit of a screen to monitor stuff.

My question: is it OK to run an SB3 without anything physically hooked up to it (other than the mains cable)? In other words, running it with nothing connected to the analogue or digital outs on the back.

Excitement increasing here now as my DAC32 is due to arrive any day.

In post #499 Slartibartfast recommended syncing my SB3 to the DAC32 because I wanted to keep the benefit of a screen to monitor stuff.

My question: is it OK to run an SB3 without anything physically hooked up to it (other than the mains cable)? In other words, running it with nothing connected to the analogue or digital outs on the back.
    Yes that will work fine. You might also want to select "don't maintain synchronisation" in synchronisation settings to avoid glitches when the players don't start in perfect sync. You can also mess around with player start delays but it is easier just to change that setting. If you don't notice any issues then just forget I mentioned it