Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
    spoke to soon. Music plays for about 30sec and then stops for no reason. Rebooting DAC32 helps for the next 30 seconds. Try to find the cause now

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    If it works that way for you . . I certainly don't need to press the play button on the Radio.
    There was a fix made to the upstream code around the Bluetooth volume control. I suspect that PolyVection will incorporate the change in a future software release.
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    6xSqueezeAmp!
    Contributing to Folding@Home : https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/squeezelite-esp32

PolyVection Release 1.1.8 will be released shortly

Quote Originally Posted by sle118 View Post
    There was a fix made to the upstream code around the Bluetooth volume control. I suspect that PolyVection will incorporate the change in a future software release.
    Yes, our latest version 1.2 will be released shortly

----

Bob
    Last edited by PolyVection; 2021-04-18 at 10:09.

We have just released firmware 1.2.2. Download available from our website.
    It includes the latest SqueezeliteESP32 upstream changes.
    Additionally now the correct firmware version DAC32 currently runs on is reported back to LMS.
    There were many smaller changes also in terms of Bluetooth reliability. So you might want to update if you experienced issues on this end.

--
    Philip.

I tried to rename one of my DAC32's today. Am I correct in thinking it does not like spaces in the name e.g. "Living Room DAC32" as opposed to "Living-Room-DAC32" ?
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    I tried to rename one of my DAC32's today. Am I correct in thinking it does not like spaces in the name e.g. "Living Room DAC32" as opposed to "Living-Room-DAC32" ?
    I am planning on separating the LMS player name from the network name. They are currently bound, which likely explains you are having issues.

Note that it should now be possible to change the player name from LMS itself. This want possible until recently.
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    6xSqueezeAmp!
    Contributing to Folding@Home : https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/squeezelite-esp32

Quote Originally Posted by sle118 View Post
    I am planning on separating the LMS player name from the network name. They are currently bound, which likely explains you are having issues.

Note that it should now be possible to change the player name from LMS itself. This want possible until recently.
    Thanks. Thought that must be the case.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

manually enter LMS server address

Is there a way to manually enter the LMS server address for this device? The manual says "DAC32 will automatically be visible" in the squeezebox server, but it isn't. I can't find any relevant options.

I set up a new LMS server in docker, and I can successfully point other devices to it manually. The Settings/Information page shows "Server IP Address: 172.18.0.2" instead of the 192.168.1.x subnet that the DAC is on. Perhaps the problem is the LMS container announcing itself on the internal docker subnet? I can get to the docker LMS in the normal fashion, using 192.168.1.100:9998, and port 3483 is forwarded to 3483 on both tcp and udp.

Quote Originally Posted by Taxcheat View Post
    Is there a way to manually enter the LMS server address for this device? The manual says "DAC32 will automatically be visible" in the squeezebox server, but it isn't. I can't find any relevant options.

I set up a new LMS server in docker, and I can successfully point other devices to it manually. The Settings/Information page shows "Server IP Address: 172.18.0.2" instead of the 192.168.1.x subnet that the DAC is on. Perhaps the problem is the LMS container announcing itself on the internal docker subnet? I can get to the docker LMS in the normal fashion, using 192.168.1.100:9998, and port 3483 is forwarded to 3483 on both tcp and udp.
    Your easiest option would probably be to make your Docker container run in "host" mode instead so that LMS uses an 192.168.1.xxx address, but there might be valid reasons you don't want to do that. I moved over to Docker myself recently and had the same issue, so figured there was no harm reconfiguring to run my container on the host network interface.

Someone else will likely have a better answer for you though

Quote Originally Posted by FatPete View Post
    I moved over to Docker myself recently and had the same issue, so figured there was no harm reconfiguring to run my container on the host network interface.
    Thanks much for the tip -- helps to know it's not just me. I think host mode might create its own set of headaches and running LMS in an ubuntu VM might be annoying, but less of a pain with my configuration.

So I guess if others don't have a better idea, this is a feature request: add a way to manually specify the LMS address in the VM.