Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 43 of 58 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Problems with DAC32

Hi,

I have received my DAC32 from PolyVectron today, but I have some problems. I followed the Quick-Start-Guide and it is part of my local net now. I can see it in my Fritz!box 7580 (firmware 7.25) and it is connected with 2,4 GHz, 65 / 72 Mbit/s. This WLAN connection is stable. I can find the DAC32 in my Logitech Media Server (8.20) too and LMS gives the following info:

Player-Modell: SqueezeESP32
    Gerätetyp: squeezeesp32
    Firmware: v0.0-
    IP-Adresse des Players: 192.168.178.126
    MAC-Adresse des Players: XX.XX.XX.XX.XX (replaced, it shows a correct MAC-address)
    Stärke des drahtlosen Signals: 96%

Firmware on my device is 1.16 (that is the firmware it was delivered with. I didn't change anything). LMS shows a firmware revision v0.0- instead of 1.16.

What is my problem ? I am not able to access the WebUI ! When I enter the correct IP 192.168.178.126 into one of my browsers, I always get an error message. This happens with Edge, Firefox and Brave. All browsers tell that the page can't be found and show an "ERR_CONNECTION_RESET".

Any idea ?

Best regards

Quote Originally Posted by CarstenB View Post
    Hi,

I have received my DAC32 from PolyVectron today, but I have some problems. I followed the Quick-Start-Guide and it is part of my local net now. I can see it in my Fritz!box 7580 (firmware 7.25) and it is connected with 2,4 GHz, 65 / 72 Mbit/s. This WLAN connection is stable. I can find the DAC32 in my Logitech Media Server (8.20) too and LMS gives the following info:

Player-Modell: SqueezeESP32
    Gerätetyp: squeezeesp32
    Firmware: v0.0-
    IP-Adresse des Players: 192.168.178.126
    MAC-Adresse des Players: XX.XX.XX.XX.XX (replaced, it shows a correct MAC-address)
    Stärke des drahtlosen Signals: 96%

Firmware on my device is 1.16 (that is the firmware it was delivered with. I didn't change anything). LMS shows a firmware revision v0.0- instead of 1.16.

What is my problem ? I am not able to access the WebUI ! When I enter the correct IP 192.168.178.126 into one of my browsers, I always get an error message. This happens with Edge, Firefox and Brave. All browsers tell that the page can't be found and show an "ERR_CONNECTION_RESET".

Any idea ?

Best regards
    Can't help much, but my version shows same v0.0- it's actually v1.1.7 updated it yesterday, but everything's working fine

Name:  DAC32.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  13.5 KB
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP 8.0.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 8.0.0/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Make sure it is http not https ... otherwise ... difficult to guess what this might be.

Since LMS can see it ... does it play?
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Make sure it is http not https ... otherwise ... difficult to guess what this might be.

Since LMS can see it ... does it play?
    http works for me.

Name:  DACurl.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  4.8 KB
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP 8.0.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)

DAC32 problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    http works for me.

Name:  DACurl.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  4.8 KB
    Thank you all for your fast replies !!! This is a really great community.

Strange, but the WebUI of the DAC32 works now after 3 cold starts of the DAC32. No idea why the WebUI refused the connection. Have tried it on different computers, Windows and Android, and it was always the same but now the WebUI can be accessed from Firefox and Edge. Only Brave (based on Chrome) has still a few problems with the structure of the WebUI what is no problem as long as the other two browsers get it done well.

Really nice gadget from PolyVection. WLAN sensitivity is very well. My son is already listening an audio book with it and will hopefully fall asleep soon. ;-)

Best regards

Carsten

Quote Originally Posted by CarstenB View Post
    Thank you all for your fast replies !!! This is a really great community.

Strange, but the WebUI of the DAC32 works now after 3 cold starts of the DAC32. No idea why the WebUI refused the connection. Have tried it on different computers, Windows and Android, and it was always the same but now the WebUI can be accessed from Firefox and Edge. Only Brave (based on Chrome) has still a few problems with the structure of the WebUI what is no problem as long as the other two browsers get it done well.

Really nice gadget from PolyVection. WLAN sensitivity is very well. My son is already listening an audio book with it and will hopefully fall asleep soon. ;-)

Best regards

Carsten
    There used to be an issue in the upstream HTTP UI (squeezelite-esp32) which I inadvertently introduced some time ago. The symptoms were that part of the UI would display, but would never complete; one of the status backed process was getting stuck in an infinite loop. Given that Polyvection is staying close to upstream, in guessing they would already have the fix in place.

I'll be happy to try and help if the issue comes back.
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    6xSqueezeAmp!
    Contributing to Folding@Home : https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/squeezelite-esp32

My DAC32 ist temporarily feeding a SB Radio via line in. Now my LMS was in rescan mode and not ready, so i thought, i can connect to the DAC32 via bluetotth and stream from an iPhone to the DAC32, which then delivers to line in of the SB Radio.
    But this idn't working. I have the latest firmware. Is this by design or am i doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by mamema View Post
    My DAC32 ist temporarily feeding a SB Radio via line in. Now my LMS was in rescan mode and not ready, so i thought, i can connect to the DAC32 via bluetotth and stream from an iPhone to the DAC32, which then delivers to line in of the SB Radio.
    But this idn't working. I have the latest firmware. Is this by design or am i doing something wrong?
    Does the SB Radio have a line in?

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Does the SB Radio have a line in?
    Apparently so but I have never used it or know how to select it.

Edit. You select Line In from the Home menu when an input cable is plugged in, so I wonder if the OP has done that.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Last edited by slartibartfast; 2021-04-15 at 11:07.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Apparently so but I have never used it or know how to select it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Yes it have one, it is working in, let's call it LMS mode via DAC32. But even though i can connect to the DAC32 via bluetooth, no music is playing in bluetooth mode.