Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Did he say he had multiple WAPs?

I think itĺs fair to say that streaming hires over WiFi will expose issues in your WiFi network if there are any.

If there are multiple non Mesh WAPs dishing out the same SSID then boot order can be critical but if your APs support multiple SSIDs then you can set things up so that specific devices always connect to the correct WAP and things that are supposed to roam can.

Example

Living Room WAP
    SSID-Main
    SSID-LivingRoom

Bedroom WAP
    SSID-Main
    SSID-Bedroom

Join roaming clients ie phones etc to SSID-Main

Join a DAC32 in the Dining Room adjacent to Living Room to SSID-LivingRoom

This was what I used to do until I invested in 2 Draytek AP903 Mesh WAPs
    In Squeezelite-ESP32, I added a system configuration option to choose between full scan (a.k.a.) comprehensive, and "fast" scan. I believe I also posted an explanation somewhere in this thread. I am not sure which configuration PolyVection shipped the DAC32 with and if it's possible to change with their "focused" version of the firmware. I think "comprehensive" is ideal in most scenarios, albeit perhaps a hair slower at boot/connect time. But then again, boot to playback time was very much squeezed (pun intended) on that platform and should be ~7 seconds after power on.
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    6xSqueezeAmp!
    Contributing to Folding@Home : https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/squeezelite-esp32

Quote Originally Posted by sle118 View Post
    I am not sure which configuration PolyVection shipped the DAC32 with and if it's possible to change with their "focused" version of the firmware. I think "comprehensive" is ideal in most scenarios, albeit perhaps a hair slower at boot/connect time.
    Yes, the firmware we are shipping with DAC32 is fixed to comprehensive mode.

--
    Philip

DAC32 uses the 'Comprehensive' scan

Quote Originally Posted by sle118 View Post
    In Squeezelite-ESP32, I added a system configuration option to choose between full scan (a.k.a.) comprehensive, and "fast" scan. I believe I also posted an explanation somewhere in this thread. I am not sure which configuration PolyVection shipped the DAC32 with and if it's possible to change with their "focused" version of the firmware. I think "comprehensive" is ideal in most scenarios, albeit perhaps a hair slower at boot/connect time. But then again, boot to playback time was very much squeezed (pun intended) on that platform and should be ~7 seconds after power on.
    I can confirm that DA32 uses the comprehensive scan

----

Bob

stuttering problem solved, it seems that there where interferences with the power supplies of the joggler or the bluetooth box and/or with the bluetooth box itself. Moving 20 cm away from them has solved the stuttering. It's now an even lower WiFi % range displayed.
    An other interesting observation (already mentioned in this thread i guess) is to set the volume to a fixed 100% output. Has lead to an extremely annoying "scratching sound" with some music tracks.

Whats "the best" solution for my setup, as i have the joggler and the bluetooth box (connected with cable) which can both change volume. Full volume with bluetooth box and adjusting with the joggler, or full volume with joggler and adjusting with the bluetooth box?

This is the DAC32 thread - are you asking about that or the Joggler.
    For the DAC32 I think PolyVection said don't go above 92% or something similar.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

asking about DAC32, but as i'm controlling the DAC32 through a joggler and forwarding the stream to a bluetooth box, which also can be volume controlled, i ask for the bluetooth box alsp.
    ok DAC 92% is understood. Set it. As this, so i guess should remain at 92% fixed, i will change volume on the bluetooth box then.
    Thanks

version 1.1.6

I see there's a new firmware version available.

https://polyvection.com/en/product/dac32/
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 7.0.1/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    I see there's a new firmware version available.

https://polyvection.com/en/product/dac32/
    Yes, well spotted! This is our curated version of Philippe_44 and sle118's latest updates to squeezelite_ESP32

---

Bob

DAC32 availability update

We are pleased to confirm that DAC32 is now back in stock and that all EU back-orders will be cleared this week. A shipment is already on its way to our UK & International distributor which is scheduled to arrive early next week (week commencing 12th April) and this enable us to clear all other back orders.

---

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by PolyVection View Post
    We are pleased to confirm that DAC32 is now back in stock and that all EU back-orders will be cleared this week. A shipment is already on its way to our UK & International distributor which is scheduled to arrive early next week (week commencing 12th April) and this enable us to clear all other back orders.

---

Bob
    Fantastic news. Looking forward to trying this out.