Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 41 of 60 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Easy Setup

I received my DAC 32 last week, but had too much going on with work to make time to play with it. This morning I got up early and decided to make the time. Setup went extremely well. I had it up and running within about 5 minutes. It took me longer to find a suitable audio cable to connect the DAC32 outputs to my stereo than to complete the setup.

I did run into one issue, but it was of my own making. I decided to update the firmware, and didn't follow the rename step. The DAC32 disappeared from my LMS browser window, but I could see it still connected to wifi. (I had assigned it a fixed IP address to make connecting easier in future if needed). As soon as I connected to it via its fixed IP address, and renamed it on the system tab, it began working again. I'm running DAC32-rel-1.1.2 now and plan to leave it here unless/until I need to update it.

Great product, sounds good to me, and trivial to get working/connected!

Quote Originally Posted by mamema View Post
    woohoo a lot of guessing around, yeah my nuclear power plant near the kitchen is the problem. :-)

no microwave, no grouping players. I'm trying to change DAC32 position. Report back...
    You said "stuttering wthin the LAN" I took that to mean also with wired players - is that not what you meant?
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    You said "stuttering wthin the LAN" I took that to mean also with wired players - is that not what you meant?
    I took it to mean just playing local files over the network to the DAC32. No internet streams.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I took it to mean just playing local files over the network to the DAC32. No internet streams.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    This!

Try streaming this station: http://server9.streamserver24.com:18800/motherearth

It is a 96khz FLAC streaming at 2764kbps CBR and let us know how you get on. Playing for the last few hours on my DAC32 with no blips.
    Last edited by Heuer; 2021-04-01 at 09:01.
    Lounge: Transporter>Audio Synthesis DAX Decade>Audio Research LS22>Krell FPB300>Wilson Benesch Act 1's + 2 x Velodyne SPL1000 sub's
    Kitchen: Touch>Topping DAC>Arcam Solo>Anthony Gallo Micro's+Sub, Joggler controller
    Office: DAC32>Acoustic Energy AE1 Active's, Joggler controller
    Garage: Boom>QAcoustics 7000s subwoofer
    Bedroom: Radio
    Shed: Radio
    Workshop: Boom
    Garden 1: SB3>JVC amp>Rock outdoor speakers
    Garden 2: SB3>JVC amp>Rock outdoor speakers

If possible try in an alternative location without using an access point

Quote Originally Posted by mamema View Post
    I've the stuttering within LAN, it's an Netgear W8000 router running in access point mode, but as i only have this with the DAC32, i'm trying to change position, but thats not easy, cause i'm connecting via RCA and 3.5 port.
    I had (the false) impression that i can use LMS mode and bluetooth at the same time, but this seems not possible.
    For the record, DAC32 will play 24/96 files natively and locally stored 24/192 files with transcoding (to 24/96) handled by LMS, so you should not have to limit the bitrate. The one thing that stands out to me is that you say that DAC32 is the only SB Player in your system connected via your Netgear router which is configured as a wireless access point.

My suggestion would be to temporarily change the location of DAC32 and connect directly to your WiFi router (like your other SB Players) - do not via any access point and repeat the test using your locally stored FLAC files. If this works, which i would expect it too, the problem lies with the access point. If it still does not work, you can contact us via support@polyvection.com

In general, the only type of Wi-Fi range extension solutions that we would recommend, are those which use a mesh network. I can personally vouch for the Ubiquiti products as being first class

---

Bob

Agree, Ubiquiti here (4 AP's, 6 switches, Unifi Security Gateway, 34 Wifi clients, 16 wired clients) and I never have a problem. Even my Radio's do not suffer from the dreaded WiFi failure issue.
    Lounge: Transporter>Audio Synthesis DAX Decade>Audio Research LS22>Krell FPB300>Wilson Benesch Act 1's + 2 x Velodyne SPL1000 sub's
    Kitchen: Touch>Topping DAC>Arcam Solo>Anthony Gallo Micro's+Sub, Joggler controller

[QUOTE=The one thing that stands out to me is that you say that DAC32 is the only SB Player in your system connected via your Netgear router which is configured as a wireless access point.
    [/QUOTE]

No, this is a misunderstanding, because of my bad english i guess....
    It's the only device with stuttering issues. I have 2 SB Radios also connected to the same access point without stuttering.
    I'm trying to relocate the DAC32 and will try to use the radio station mentioned by @heuer

I seem to recall the ESP32 has two modes of seeking WiFi and Bob may be able to confirm which one the DAC32 uses. One mode checks for a signal and locks onto the first one it finds, the other seeks the strongest signal - Phillipe mentioned this.

As a quick check try powering off all AP's other than the one closest to the DAC32 and then reboot it until it gets a connection. You can then bring the other AP's on line. It could be the DAC32 has locked onto an AP that is furthest away. You can also do a network test from within LMS at different rates.
    Last edited by Heuer; 2021-04-02 at 02:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Heuer View Post
    I seem to recall the ESP32 has two modes of seeking WiFi and Bob may be able to confirm which one the DAC32 uses. One mode checks for a signal and locks onto the first one it finds, the other seeks the strongest signal - Phillips mentioned this.

As a quick check try powering off all AP's other than the one closest to the DAC32 and then reboot it until it gets a connection. You can then bring the other AP's on line. It could be the DAC32 has locked onto an AP that is furthest away. You can also do a network test from within LMS at different rates.
    Did he say he had multiple WAPs?

I think itĺs fair to say that streaming hires over WiFi will expose issues in your WiFi network if there are any.

If there are multiple non Mesh WAPs dishing out the same SSID then boot order can be critical but if your APs support multiple SSIDs then you can set things up so that specific devices always connect to the correct WAP and things that are supposed to roam can.

Example

Living Room WAP
    SSID-Main
    SSID-LivingRoom

Bedroom WAP
    SSID-Main
    SSID-Bedroom

Join roaming clients ie phones etc to SSID-Main

Join a DAC32 in the Dining Room adjacent to Living Room to SSID-LivingRoom

This was what I used to do until I invested in 2 Draytek AP903 Mesh WAPs
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes