Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PolyVection View Post
    We are very pleased to announce that we have appointed AudioStore Ltd as our distributor for all International (non-EU) sales. This means that anyone interested in purchasing a DAC32 can now do so

https://www.vortexbox.co.uk/DAC32_St..._20929663.aspx

The UK price will be GBP55.00 including VAT. AudioStore Ltd will also be offering free shipping within the pre-order period to UK customers only. All other International orders will be managed on an individual basis and will be priced at GBP45.83 + cost of shipping. We regret that it is not possible to offer free shipping outside of the EU & UK
    Hello Paul, This is Ravichandran from Bangalore India. I just dac32 with Audiostore. Trust they will ship to me thru DP or DHL.. who can deliver to me.
    Looking forward equally to replace my present Duet For which the controller already down. I just use receiver.. thanks

We are very pleased to announce that we have appointed AudioStore Ltd as our distributor for all International (non-EU) sales. This means that anyone interested in purchasing a DAC32 can now do so

https://www.vortexbox.co.uk/DAC32_St..._20929663.aspx

The UK price will be GBP55.00 including VAT. AudioStore Ltd will also be offering free shipping within the pre-order period to UK customers only. All other International orders will be managed on an individual basis and will be priced at GBP45.83 + cost of shipping. We regret that it is not possible to offer free shipping outside of the EU & UK
    Just checked out the AudioStore site. Shipping to Canada is GBP 26.00, or $45 CAD, which is pretty extreme, given the size and weight of these boxes. That's about 50% of the cost of the DAC to get it shipped... :-(

Quote Originally Posted by brawny View Post
    Just checked out the AudioStore site. Shipping to Canada is GBP 26.00, or $45 CAD, which is pretty extreme, given the size and weight of these boxes. That's about 50% of the cost of the DAC to get it shipped... :-(
    Is that inclusive of Canadian import duties, GST, etc. ?

Same to Los Angeles

Comments about shipping costs to USA and Canada noted. We have started a dialogue about other possible shipping options. However just the paperwork for shipping what is just a low price item is crazy. Audiostore report 7 pages worth!

Quote Originally Posted by mrw View Post
    Is that inclusive of Canadian import duties, GST, etc. ?
    It is not. :-( GST and any import duties are additional.

Comments about shipping costs to USA and Canada noted. We have started a dialogue about other possible shipping options. However just the paperwork for shipping what is just a low price item is crazy. Audiostore report 7 pages worth!
    I appreciate you investigating. Not sure what sort of volumes you'll be building/shipping, but perhaps a Canadian/US distributor might be worth investigating? We run into the same issue with the rPi and other electronics from across the pond. Normally finding a local distributor is the most cost effective.

Crazy that China based exports are so cheap when compared to shopping from other countries. I wonder if some logistics nerds could comment here.
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    6xSqueezeAmp!
    Contributing to Folding@Home : https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/squeezelite-esp32

Shipping to usa & canada update

It is not. :-( GST and any import duties are additional.

I appreciate you investigating. Not sure what sort of volumes you'll be building/shipping, but perhaps a Canadian/US distributor might be worth investigating? We run into the same issue with the rPi and other electronics from across the pond. Normally finding a local distributor is the most cost effective.

We can now confirm that Audiostore are able to ship to the USA & Canada for a reduced cost of GBP14.80. This is a tracked service operated by the Royal Mail.

it could well be that appointing a North American distributor is the best long term solution, but right now, our priority has to be to ship the first products by the current means at our disposal.

Thank you for your patience and continued interest

Quote Originally Posted by sle118 View Post
    Crazy that China based exports are so cheap when compared to shopping from other countries. I wonder if some logistics nerds could comment here.
    Totally O.T., but the Universal Postal Union treats China as a developing nation, and as such, international postage from China is subsidised by your local postal service.
    https://redstagfulfillment.com/unive...-union-treaty/

Screw Terminal to DC plug

For those of you who are thinking about purchasing, or have already ordered DCA32 Music Streamer, this tip might be useful.

As previously stated, pretty much any 5 volt DC supply at a minimum of 500 mA would work, and some of you might have a spare USB Charger/PSU with the 'wrong' connector. This link

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-1mm-Mal...IAAOSw6ShZXLLa

is to a screw terminal to DC barrel connector which will fit DAC32. All you have to do is cut off the 'wrong' connector and wire to this device. Just make sure that you wire to the correct polarity.