Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 18 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thekiller View Post
    No status movement. Only " The posting of the item was announced to Deutsche Post by the customer on 01.03.2021."
    I'll wait a little more
    yes, unfortunately the Deutsche Post service is neither the quickest nor the most detailed one. Interestingly once it's handed over to your local post provider then there will be a link to it and shipping info gets more detailed on their end.

Quote Originally Posted by thekiller View Post
    No status movement. Only " The posting of the item was announced to Deutsche Post by the customer on 01.03.2021."
    I'll wait a little more
    IIRC The next stages are "international logistics" and then quickly "handover to International partner" at which point look at local delivery service (in Ireland it was AnPost)

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    IIRC look at local delivery service (in Ireland it was AnPost)
    Was that Sean Kelly, himself, on a bike ?

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by PolyVection View Post
    yes, unfortunately the Deutsche Post service is neither the quickest nor the most detailed one. Interestingly once it's handed over to your local post provider then there will be a link to it and shipping info gets more detailed on their end.
    I think it is on a par with other european Post service that I deal with - the internal movements to do international shipments are never well detailed and so packages can seem to spend a long time doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Was that Sean Kelly, himself, on a bike ?
    Not quite but I know my postman (who is on a bike) and internally post services are taking longer because of Covid - staff have have been spread out in time and space.
    International deliveries are taking longer because of fewer flights and because of Brexit more parcel shipped from Europe rather than from UK and landbridge through UK is being avoided so squeezing capacity.

That said, the DAC32 sounds good - I have resurrected an AEGO-M set of speakers which makes for a compact setup.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    International deliveries are taking longer because of fewer flights and because of Brexit more parcel shipped from Europe rather than from UK and landbridge through UK is being avoided so squeezing capacity.
    By way of contrast, I ordered some PCBs from China - shipped from Shenzen on Tuesday, on my doorstep Thursday morning. I love DHL express.

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    By way of contrast, I ordered some PCBs from China - shipped from Shenzen on Tuesday, on my doorstep Thursday morning. I love DHL express.
    Whereas when I ordered something from Nottingham using DHL - it went to Frankfurt, spent a week there, Duesseldorf, Bruxelles and then Dublin !!! I think Brexit has meant shipments to "outlying" countries get centralised. Recently DHL are citing "storms in Bay of Biscay" for delivery issues.

This DAC32 shipment surprised me, I expected to be the last and not first.
    Last edited by bpa; 2021-03-04 at 07:00. Reason: corrected "from" to "to"

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    @polyvection

Have you sent details of Dac32 to John Darko at darko.audio. He’s local to you and quite a fan of SB. He’s also fairly down to earth and not really an Audiofool.
    Sometimes it is hard to tell

https://darko.audio/2015/02/audioque...-cable-review/

John Darko has discovered DAC32

John Darko has discovered DAC32 and he likes what we are doing https://darko.audio/2021/03/future-f...yvection-riaa/

Quote Originally Posted by PolyVection View Post
    John Darko has discovered DAC32 and he likes what we are doing https://darko.audio/2021/03/future-f...yvection-riaa/
    Wasn’t me!
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS