Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Taxcheat View Post
    Is there a way to manually enter the LMS server address for this device? The manual says "DAC32 will automatically be visible" in the squeezebox server, but it isn't. I can't find any relevant options.

I set up a new LMS server in docker, and I can successfully point other devices to it manually. The Settings/Information page shows "Server IP Address: 172.18.0.2" instead of the 192.168.1.x subnet that the DAC is on. Perhaps the problem is the LMS container announcing itself on the internal docker subnet? I can get to the docker LMS in the normal fashion, using 192.168.1.100:9998, and port 3483 is forwarded to 3483 on both tcp and udp.
    Taxcheat, I want to tell you (now that I have done it) that it is dead simple to load the squeezelite-esp32 firmware on the DAC32 and therefore address your need to specify the LMS server address. Simply go to the software upgrade interface on the DAC32, grab the appropriate firmware from here, and upload that to the DAC32.

I am personally finding the DAC32 to be a nice device, and as someone with a tendency to explore, I find the non-Polyvection firmware to be more to my taste, as there are more knobs to turn.

We could now reproduce the issues with playing high-res alac / m4a files.
    Indeed we haven't noticed that before as we were only testing with Flac files. Those are playing well at 96/24.

We are following Philippe's recommendation here. Basically not reporting anymore to slimserver that alac is supported. It will automatically be resampled to Flac then which always plays fine. There will be a firmware update in the coming days covering that.

We decided to radically cut the SqueezeESP32 webUI to make it simple for newcomers.
    We cannot recommend installing the upstream versions of SqueezeESP32 as we haven't tested them. There are some minor differences on the backend in our software and we neither know if it works at all then nor can we give dedicated support for this.

--
    Philip

Some more DAC32 production insights for the ones who are curious.

https://polyvection.com/en/blog/dac3...tion-insights/

Quote Originally Posted by PolyVection View Post
    We could now reproduce the issues with playing high-res alac / m4a files.
    Indeed we haven't noticed that before as we were only testing with Flac files. Those are playing well at 96/24.

We are following Philippe's recommendation here. Basically not reporting anymore to slimserver that alac is supported. It will automatically be resampled to Flac then which always plays fine. There will be a firmware update in the coming days covering that.

We decided to radically cut the SqueezeESP32 webUI to make it simple for newcomers.
    We cannot recommend installing the upstream versions of SqueezeESP32 as we haven't tested them. There are some minor differences on the backend in our software and we neither know if it works at all then nor can we give dedicated support for this.

--
    Philip
    Philip, less than a day's turnaround on a resolution is pretty fantastic. That's to be commended. I think you have a nice product here, and understand your software/support decisions. I know that loading the upstream code is at my own risk and won't fault you if I break something.

Quote Originally Posted by benh View Post
    Philip, less than a day's turnaround on a resolution is pretty fantastic. That's to be commended. I think you have a nice product here, and understand your software/support decisions. I know that loading the upstream code is at my own risk and won't fault you if I break something.
    Just a simple note here: if one ventures out of the supported firmware, it is always possible to revert back. A lot of efforts and thoughts were put into the upstream firmware update process to make it as unbreakable as possible. It is definitely possible to mess enough with the configuration to end up in a boot loop, but anyone reaching this state would be considered as knowing enough to get out of the hole.
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    6xSqueezeAmp!
    Contributing to Folding@Home : https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/squeezelite-esp32

bluetooth link works from linux box

Quote Originally Posted by PolyVection View Post
    We have just released firmware 1.2.2. Download available from our website.
    It includes the latest SqueezeliteESP32 upstream changes.
    Additionally now the correct firmware version DAC32 currently runs on is reported back to LMS.
    There were many smaller changes also in terms of Bluetooth reliability. So you might want to update if you experienced issues on this end.

--
    Philip.
    Yes, I upgraded yesterday to 1.2.2, it seems on the first test that the bluetooth malfunction on linux has disappeared. that's great.
    Thank you very much
    - DAC32 (polyvection) + turntable : Thorens TD190-2 + CD player : Marantz CD5004 + K7 player : Toshiba +ampli : Marantz PM7001 + speaker : Magnat Quantum 1005.
    - Raspberry 2 + Ampli-dac : Alientek D8 + speaker : Magnat Quantum Edelstein
    - Daphile on Acer_Aspire_One + Ampli-dac : Advance Acoustic A60 + Speaker : Elipson Studio Pro

My DAC32 arrived earlier this week and I was finally able to get it connected to the system in the garage. I'm already running various Squeezebox devices throughout the house, and had no issues getting the DAC32 connected to the network, my LMS music library, and now running it through the iPeng app on my phone. Very happy with this!

Intrigued by the DAC32, as I've been looking to replace an ageing SB3, and this here thing seems to have quite a few plusses.

The biggest disadvantage, for me, though, is the lack of a screen. I know, I know... I can (and sometimes do) control and view with iPeng etc.

But I've got in the (perhaps lazy) habit of being able to glance over and see what's playing when I hear some interesting track or other. And often I'm listening in the kitchen, with tomato puree all over my fingers. Or worse.

So, chaps, what would be the best way to add a cheap what's-playing screen to the DAC32?

Or... maybe I should wait for the (inevitable?) PolyVection model with screen.

Quote Originally Posted by whitman View Post
    Intrigued by the DAC32, as I've been looking to replace an ageing SB3, and this here thing seems to have quite a few plusses.

The biggest disadvantage, for me, though, is the lack of a screen. I know, I know... I can (and sometimes do) control and view with iPeng etc.

But I've got in the (perhaps lazy) habit of being able to glance over and see what's playing when I hear some interesting track or other. And often I'm listening in the kitchen, with tomato puree all over my fingers. Or worse.

So, chaps, what would be the best way to add a cheap what's-playing screen to the DAC32?

Or... maybe I should wait for the (inevitable?) PolyVection model with screen.
    The cheapest way for you would be to synchronize the SB3 with it and use it as a display.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

O2 Joggler running @chill's Jivelite for Joggler distro. New one for ú25 at the moment: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224440922...EAAOSwzntgh9to

Lounge: Transporter>Audio Synthesis DAX Decade>Audio Research LS22>Krell FPB300>Wilson Benesch Act 1's + 2 x Velodyne SPL1000 sub's
    Kitchen: Touch>Topping DAC>Arcam Solo>Anthony Gallo Micro's+Sub, Joggler controller
    Office: DAC32>Acoustic Energy AE1 Active's, Joggler controller
    Garage: Boom>QAcoustics 7000s subwoofer
    Bedroom: Radio
    Shed: Radio
    Workshop: Boom
    Garden 1: SB3>JVC amp>Rock outdoor speakers
    Garden 2: SB3>JVC amp>Rock outdoor speakers