Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 32 of 58 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PolyVection View Post
    We will reply to the issues raised, but this screen shot is of out-of-date instructions. The correct ones are supplied with the product. There is no need for an Audio screen, because there is only one audio mode that we support which is analogue output

---

Bob
    I think there is no screen 6

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Hopefully, if @bpa does resolve his issue using support@polyvection.com he will tell the rest of us here in this forum. I think a few of us here would like to know how to reset their device too.
    Sorry to disappoint.
    I didn't contact polyvection because the problem "felt" local.
    After I rebooted the Windows PC and the Linux PC - then they could contact the DAC32.
    I could believe the Linux PC may have cached some data has that PC was the one that initiated the f/w upgrade.
    But I only tried the Windows PC - first time after failure on Linux PC.

So I'm guessing something was cached in PCs which changed after f/w update. Maybe related to name change which is broadcast. Windows PC would have seen the "old" & "new" names even if I never tried to open DAC32 WebUI.

Support issues update

Judging from the lack of support requests via support@polyvection.com, can we take it that most people have resolved any issues that they may have may have experienced?

There is only one on-going matter to report, and that is some people are still experiencing issues with BT when using some Linux and Android devices. We plan to investigate this further. However, if you are one of those people and have not yet reported such a problem to us, please do so using the support email

We can also add that in the future, we plan to add an extra routine for any future firmware updates to avoid the need to change device name.

I think thats it for now

Thank you

----

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by polyvection View Post

judging from the lack of support requests via support@polyvection.com, can we take it that most people have resolved any issues that they may have may have experienced?

There is only one on-going matter to report, and that is some people are still experiencing issues with bt when using some linux and android devices. We plan to investigate this further. However, if you are one of those people and have not yet reported such a problem to us, please do so using the support email

we can also add that in the future, we plan to add an extra routine for any future firmware updates to avoid the need to change device name.

I think thats it for now

thank you

----

bob
    but for now a device name change is required!

Thanks Polyvection!

I have my DAC32 connected to a pair of Acoustic Energy AE1 Active's with a 1m pair of Kimber Kable PBJ interconnects (which have been lying in a draw for 15 years!) and an Apple A1399 PSU. The sound is astounding and I can't drag myself away from listening.

I do my own needle drops at 192/24 from a Koetsu/SME/Sutherland Phd/Audio Research rig and the DAC32 renders them beautifully. Sound is better than my Topping E30 so quite a tribute to the skills of Phillip and Bob in developing this product. I really want to compare it against my Transporter in my main listening room which I might get round to at some point. An afternoon of high res from Radio Blues beckons - great station: http://audio-edge-hz87v.ams.d.radiom...adioblues-flac

Thank you so much guys for developing this product, it really is an audiophile bargain!

DAC32 sitting under heavy stainless steel door stop to stop it being dragged by the cables but it also reduces resonance and makes a subtle improvement to the sound.
    Last edited by Heuer; 2021-03-14 at 09:03. Reason: Spelling
    Lounge: Transporter>Audio Synthesis DAX Decade>Audio Research LS22>Krell FPB300>Wilson Benesch Act 1's + 2 x Velodyne SPL1000 sub's
    Kitchen: Touch>Topping DAC>Arcam Solo>Anthony Gallo Micro's+Sub, Joggler controller
    Office: DAC32>Acoustic Energy AE1 Active's, Joggler controller
    Garage: Boom>QAcoustics 7000s subwoofer
    Bedroom: Radio
    Shed: Radio
    Workshop: Boom
    Garden 1: SB3>JVC amp>Rock outdoor speakers
    Garden 2: SB3>JVC amp>Rock outdoor speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Heuer View Post
    I have my DAC32 connected to a pair of Acoustic Energy AE1 Active's with a 1m pair of Kimber Kable PBJ interconnects (which have been lying in a draw for 15 years!) and an Apple A1399 PSU. The sound is astounding and I can't drag myself away from listening.

I do my own needle drops at 192/24 from a Koetsu/SME/Sutherland Phd/Audio Research rig and the DAC32 renders them beautifully. Sound is better than my Topping E30 so quite a tribute to the skills of Phillip and Bob in developing this product. I really want to compare it against my Transporter in my main listening room which I might get round to at some point. An afternoon of high res from Radio Blues beckons - great station: http://audio-edge-hz87v.ams.d.radiom...adioblues-flac

Thank you so much guys for developing this product, it really is an audiophile bargain!
    Philip & I are delighted that you are delighted with DAC32. But all of the credit should go to Philip (not me) for the hardware design and of course manufacturing the products in Germany. Not forgetting Philippe_44 and sle118 for the firmware, without which DAC32 would not have been possible. Not just in its SqueezeAMP form, but for the ongoing contribution to optimise the firmware for 24 bit resolution. There are of course also many others who contribute to the ongoing development and support of the Squeezebox platform. A great cooperative effort :-)

----

Bob

And thanks for the photo - great
    Last edited by PolyVection; 2021-03-14 at 08:36.

This week I plan to extract the Transporter from my main system and install it in my office for a side by side comparison with DAC32. Out of devilment I will do the reverse and put the DAC32 into my main system but it will be up against a heavy hitting DAC, albeit 12 years old, and a very revealing and lush hi-fi system.
    Lounge: Transporter>Audio Synthesis DAX Decade>Audio Research LS22>Krell FPB300>Wilson Benesch Act 1's + 2 x Velodyne SPL1000 sub's
    Kitchen: Touch>Topping DAC>Arcam Solo>Anthony Gallo Micro's+Sub, Joggler controller
    Office: DAC32>Acoustic Energy AE1 Active's, Joggler controller
    Garage: Boom>QAcoustics 7000s subwoofer
    Bedroom: Radio
    Shed: Radio
    Workshop: Boom
    Garden 1: SB3>JVC amp>Rock outdoor speakers
    Garden 2: SB3>JVC amp>Rock outdoor speakers

About 5 minutes to set up. Most of that time looking for a spare Apple charger.

Name:  2021-03-15 11_24_38-Inbox - jim.gooch@double6.co.uk - Outlook.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  64.8 KB
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

Now doing some AB with a 16/44.1 needle drop album.

DAC32 vs Pi3 with HiFiMe DIY Sabre 24/96 into a Denon Amp

Setup as a Group Player and level matched as best I can.

Switching the Amps inputs by pressing the remote button without looking.

Initial view; the DAC32 sounds warmer or perhaps the Pi3/HiFiMe sounds brighter. They are very close.

EDIT. I had no issue with Firmware upgrade at all but I had the advantage of the earlier posts!
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers

@polyvection

An observation. I ordered 2 DAC32s. I've only set one up at present and the first thing I did was change its name but if I was a newbie I probably wouldn't have done that. Had I switched both on with factory settings I would have had 2 players both named DAC32. Perhaps something in the user guide for this scenario.

PS. I can't tell you how many instances of "piCorePlayer" my LMS has in its list of known players. I really should use the Client Cleanup!
    Dining Room SB Boom