Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    The knob is a usb keyboard. Triggerhappy is a hot key daemon. You can do what you wish to control volume.
    Indeed. I attached it to a Zero with HifiBerry Mini Amp. So a very minimal setup (and used in a very small room). Since the player is synched on/off and volume up/down is all I needed.
    Last edited by jeroen2; 2021-01-10 at 16:01.

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your help and adding TriggerHappy to the repository.

I've installed it OK and added the startup command that "Jeroen2" mentioned:-

thd --daemon --triggers media.conf --normalize /dev/input/event1

I assume "media.conf" is the config file? And I need to change it in the way suggested by Paul Webster in post#10?

So I got PuTTY installed and logged into the particular Pi I'm trying to configure. But I'm struggling to locate the config file so I can modify it as required. I'm embarrassed as I know its going to be something simple.

Regards,

Paul

In my post you can see the "vi" command with a full path to the file.
    I don't know if it is present before editing.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Yes, you need to create it. You can put it in your home directory, and the tell the daemon where to find it.

Donĺt forget to backup
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by romanempire View Post
    thd --daemon --triggers media.conf --normalize /dev/input/event1

I assume "media.conf" is the config file? And I need to change it in the way suggested by Paul Webster in post#10?
    Yes, media.conf is in the home directory. Mine looks like this:
    Code:
    KEY_VOLUMEUP     1 pcp up
    KEY_VOLUMEDOWN   1 pcp down
    KEY_MUTE         1 pcp power
    (it seems that Triggerhappy doesn't like empty lines, so no linebreak after the last line)

The user command I ended up with (in the pCP webinterface, under 'tweaks") is this:
    thd --daemon --triggers /home/tc/media.conf /dev/input/event1

My experience though is that the volume change is rather slow... Maybe that's because it's on a Zero. But if the volume doesn't change immediately just wait, don't start spinning the dial.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Donĺt forget to backup
    PCP BU

Finally got it working

Made use of WinSCP. Makes it much easier to navigate and edit files than wrestling with vi

Thank you everyone for your help and guidance.

Just need to sort a suitable housing for the Pi+amp and do something to tone down the mega bright blue LED on the volume control

Cheers,

Paul

Spoke too soon

While the volume control works on the Pi its plugged into, pressing the knob has the effect of pausing everywhere. I just want that control to work on the player its attached to. So I changed KEY_MUTE to 1 pcp power. That seemed to have the desired effect.

Actually, rereading post #2 from 'paul-' implies that the commands go to LMS which would explain why mute affects the whole system. Whereas I only want the control to work on the device its plugged into :-)

Cheers,

Paul
    Last edited by romanempire; 2021-01-19 at 16:27.

Quote Originally Posted by romanempire View Post
    While the volume control works on the Pi its plugged into, pressing the knob has the effect of pausing everywhere. I just want that control to work on the player its attached to. So I changed KEY_MUTE to 1 pcp power. That seemed to have the desired effect.

Actually, rereading post #2 from 'paul-' implies that the commands go to LMS which would explain why mute affects the whole system. Whereas I only want the control to work on the device its plugged into :-)
    Actually the pcp play/stop etc commands do go to the player. But if your players are synched, play and stop will affect all active synchronized players.

I also use pcp power because I also keep all players synched. The only downside is the brief pause on all players when you resume power to on (they need to resync).

If you go to the player setting in LMS (top right menu if you use Material) you can choose how linked players behave. I never used it, but it's also possible to sync volume between players.