Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Looking for someone willing to update Inguz EQ/DRC settings page

If you've not heard of "Inguz EQ and Room Correction", it's a powerful LMS plugin that offers a multi-band equalizer, L/R balance, stereo width, and a DRC convolver. It was originally written years ago and is now unsupported and removed from the "3rd party plugins" official directory. That's unfortunate because it still works on either a Ubuntu or Windows server. Right now, its biggest issue is that its LMS settings page is dependent on Silverlight, Microsoft's now defunct alternative to Flash.

Would someone be willing to rewrite the Inguz web UI Silverlight elements into something consistent with the remainder of the LMS web UI? Only Internet Explorer still supports Silverlight and that is scheduled to end later this year. For an experienced programmer, it shouldn't be that time-consuming. The one enhancement I'd request if not too difficult is to add fields to input desired center frequencies on the equalizer. Thanks.

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...1-Inguz-EQ-DRC

Screenshot of the current UI:
    https://i.imgur.com/k6EVzvj.jpg

Perhaps the code could be borrowed from hifiberryOS,
    It’s open source (MIT licenced).

https://github.com/hifiberry/hifiberry-os

Its origin is the bang and Olufsen’s beocreate project.
    https://www.hifiberry.com/blog/beocr...d-hifiberryos/

The subtle use of EQ is by far the most significant way you can improve the sound of your system without spending any money. I am actually amazed that a system as mature as LMS does not provide EQ apart from via an unsupported plugin. Looking at inguzeq.prefs, EQ is arranged as frequency/dB adjustment. A new interface to edit this file does not need to be as ambitious as the Silverlight frequency graph implementation. I just wish I was smart enough to do it!

Tony

Agreed.

Isn’t ipeng able to control the inguz plugin?

Anyone succeeded at compiling the plugin for the raspberry pi?

Quote Originally Posted by Gobuleberbu View Post
    Isn’t ipeng able to control the inguz plugin?
    Orange Squeeze can and also Squeeze Commander, but the latter no longer runs as of Android 11.

Presumably the Silverlight bit is just the graph? Is it really required?
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Presumably the Silverlight bit is just the graph? Is it really required?
    Probably not so long as there is an alternative way to enter and save the desired EQ settings (frequency and gain).

I have taken a look at the code, my web development skills are very rusty as I only dabble in python and SQL these days, so no promises from me. With this in mind, it does not look as simple as just ripping out the silverlight widget as calls to it are embedded through-out the control page, and appear to dynamically make call-backs to save the settings.

For example if you click on the graph and create a node at 100 hz and move this up to to 1 db, this will be add a point to the graphic equalizer control and write this back to the server as a filter.

Quote Originally Posted by foxesden View Post
    For example if you click on the graph and create a node at 100 hz and move this up to to 1 db, this will be add a point to the graphic equalizer control and write this back to the server as a filter.
    I have to admit, that's a cool feature. But Silverlight is for all practical purposes already dead. If there were simply HTML controls for the equivalent functions, that would be enough. If you've ever used the Orange Squeeze or Squeeze Commander apps for Android, this is how they've implemented it. Thanks for your interest in this!

Sorry I don't think I was clear in my prior post. The web implementation has a lot of dependencies on the Silverlight Widget (graph) and I was trying to give an example of it.

When I started looking at the code I was expecting the widget just to represent the data and hence be a single call to along the lines of displayEQ(), and hence it would be a simple matter of removing this entry and disabling silverlight - along the lines you were thinking.
    However the widget and other code in the HTML are linked all over the place so any change is very likely to break it, not saying that it isn't possible just that it will be painful to remediate and sometimes it is easier to re-write from scratch.

I am working full-time from home at the moment managing a couple of teams of s/w developers so fiddling around with software from the same desk at home isn't top of my priorities right now