Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

How dead is this Boom...?

Greatly encouraged back to LMS through the use of RPi I unearthed an old boom gathering dust to go with my other devices - it had been put away having had the typical display failure problem (but Ive read some encouraging blogs how this might be fixed) but what is the best way of determining how 'dead' it really is - I dont want to waste time. All that happens are the backlights coming on and flashing about every two seconds. I hooked an ethernet cable up hoping it would show up in LMS page but no luck. What steps could I take to check it out? Thx

Quote Originally Posted by balbs View Post
    Greatly encouraged back to LMS through the use of RPi I unearthed an old boom gathering dust to go with my other devices - it had been put away having had the typical display failure problem (but Ive read some encouraging blogs how this might be fixed) but what is the best way of determining how 'dead' it really is - I dont want to waste time. All that happens are the backlights coming on and flashing about every two seconds. I hooked an ethernet cable up hoping it would show up in LMS page but no luck. What steps could I take to check it out? Thx
    Have you just tried a different PSU first? Might be the easiest step 1). It's just a 12v, 2.5A centre positive psu.

Quote Originally Posted by psketch View Post
    Have you just tried a different PSU first? Might be the easiest step 1). It's just a 12v, 2.5A centre positive psu.
    This was the same behavior with one of my Booms, and the solution was a replacement PSU. Has been running an additional 2 years since and still going. I bought the official Boom PSU sold by Logitech.

Boom:
    model PSC30R-120
    12V-2,5A
    innner plus
    Bus out diam 5,5mm
    Bus length 10,077mm
    Bus inner diam 2,26mm
    SqueezeBoxes: 1x Transporter (Living room) 1x SB2 (shed), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Study 2), few spare unit's
    Server: LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
    Network: AVM Fritzbox, Netgear Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity