Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    No, unfortunately it doesn't.

"Thanks philippe_44. I made the change and restarted LMS. Different logfile (Attachment 32877), but same behavior in SBT.
    The issue seems to be client side, SBT seems to have a problem decoding the aac stream?"

Quote Originally Posted by csccsc View Post
    No, unfortunately it doesn't.

"Thanks philippe_44. I made the change and restarted LMS. Different logfile (Attachment 32877), but same behavior in SBT.
    The issue seems to be client side, SBT seems to have a problem decoding the aac stream?"
    Did you install latest nightly?
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Actually I just discovered that you fixed it in the latest nightly build which I just installed (LogitechMediaServer-8.1.1-1610082237.exe) and now it works!
    Thanks so much!!!

now the problem has returned for me, with lms 8.1.x it said the squeezebox i am using is not supported, i should use squeezebox 2. Of course i use squeezebox radio. I updgraded to the new nightly build of lms 8.2 and now it behaves with the same problem i reported when i started this thread. It loads the cover art, seems to play the song but there is no sound. Could the community firmware for squeezebox radio be the problem? Or did the fix in 8.1.1 vanish somehow?
    Logitech Media Server Version in Max2Play 7.9 (Raspberry 3B, 4 x Squeezebox Radio, 1 x Squeezebox Boom, 2 x Squeezebox Duet, iPeng (iOS), Squeeze Play (Android). Amazon Echo, 3 x Echo Dot (sadly not connected to LMS).

LMS 8.1.1 and Max2Play /Napster-Problem

> now the problem has returned for me, with lms 8.1.x it said the
    > squeezebox i am using is not supported, i should use squeezebox 2. Of

What did change since it was working?

And what's the exact, verbatim error message you're getting?
    Last edited by mherger; 2021-06-09 at 00:18.

Sadly, family members do not tell me about problems when they occur, only weeks later like "... und Napster geht ja auch sowieso gar nicht mehr." It could be some weeks ago after the last community hardware for Squeezebox radio, otherwise I did not change anything. Does it work for others? When i downgraded to firmware 7.94 the Message was „Napster wird auf diesem Player nicht unterstŘtzt. Sie ben÷tigen eine Squeezebox 2 oder h÷her." After updating again to 8.2, the error is like it used to be with the one of the early version of 8.1.1 - Display shows cover artwork and playing time advances, but there is no sound.

I just tried to switch the Radio back to "mysqeezebox" to see if Napster support will work without lms. But I cannot find the option to switch from local lms-server to mysqueezebox. Has this option been deleted with the costum firmware?
    Logitech Media Server Version in Max2Play 7.9 (Raspberry 3B, 4 x Squeezebox Radio, 1 x Squeezebox Boom, 2 x Squeezebox Duet, iPeng (iOS), Squeeze Play (Android). Amazon Echo, 3 x Echo Dot (sadly not connected to LMS).

LMS 8.1.1 and Max2Play /Napster-Problem

> Sadly, family members do not tell me about problems when they occur,
    > only weeks later like "... und Napster geht ja auch sowieso gar nicht
    > mehr." It could be some weeks ago after the last community hardware for

Hehe... I know that!

> Squeezebox radio, otherwise I did not change anything. Does it work for
    > others? When i downgraded to firmware 7.94 the Message was
    > „Napster wird auf diesem Player nicht unterst├╝tzt. Sie ben├Âtigen
    > eine Squeezebox 2 oder h├Âher." After updating again to 8.2, the error is
    > like it used to be with the one of the early version of 8.1.1 - Display
    > shows cover artwork and playing time advances, but there is no sound.

Ok, here's something you can try - if you feel comfortable editing a
    text file. Please find your installation's RhapsodyDirect folder. Hints
    about where it might be stored gives Settings/Information: it's below
    the Slim/Plugin folder.

Now open the Slim/Plugin/RhapsodyDirect/ProtocolHandler.pm file in a
    text editor (vi, nano, pico - whatever you can handle). Jump to around
    line 187 and put a # in front of the return. See
    https://github.com/Logitech/slimserv...andler.pm#L187.
    Then restart LMS and try Napster again.

--

I have not yet managed to get access to the terminal, but I will try.

I installed SSH-Termin (ShellInABox-/Fernbedienung-Plugin for Max2Play), found the RhapsoDydirect-Directory (\usr\share\perl5\Slim\Plugin) and started vi - but when typing "I" to insert # I got the warning "creating read only file". Do you know what I am doing wrong? (Also: As I learned vi 1994 at university, I also might use vi wrong.)

LMS 8.1.1 and Max2Play / Napster-Problem

Try äsudo vi ProtocolHandler.pmô.