Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LMS 8.1.1 and Max2Play / Napster-Problem

I am running Logitech Media Server on Max2Play on a Raspberry 4b. After i installed the Debian version of LMS 8.1.1 Napster would not play (songs would be shown as if they were playing but no sound). Is this an official problem? I remember there had been such a problem after Napster switched to a new encryption years ago.
    Logitech Media Server Version in Max2Play 7.9 (Raspberry 3B, 4 x Squeezebox Radio, 1 x Squeezebox Boom, 2 x Squeezebox Duet, iPeng (iOS), Squeeze Play (Android). Amazon Echo, 3 x Echo Dot (sadly not connected to LMS).

Same issue with LMS 8.1.1 on Win 10 and a Squeezebox Touch

I see the same issue with LMS 8.1.1 on Win 10 and a Squeezebox Touch (7.8.0-r16754). When I try to play a song:

Streaminfos werden geladen...
    Verbindung wird hergestellt ...
    Puffer wird gefŘllt ... 99%

It seems to play the song but there's no sound. The Pause button doesn't work, the progress bar doesn't move, no play time indicator.

Logfiles:

SBT:
    Jan 7 03:06:34 squeezeplay: INFO applet.SlimMenus - SlimMenusApplet.lua:502 _menuSink(1) nil menuDirective: add isCurrentServer:true
    Jan 7 03:06:34 squeezeplay: INFO applet.SlimMenus - SlimMenusApplet.lua:802 hiding any 'connecting to server' popup after menu response from current server, SlimServer {Laptop}
    Jan 7 03:06:34 squeezeplay: INFO applet.ChooseMusicSource - ChooseMusicSourceApplet.lua:543 Hiding popup, exists?: nil
    Jan 7 03:06:35 squeezeplay: INFO audio.decode - decode_start_handler:279 init decoder aac
    Jan 7 03:06:35 squeezeplay: INFO audio.decode - Playback.lua:477 connect 192.168.178.27:9000 GET /stream.mp3?player=00:04:20:22:4c:c9 HTTP/1.0^M

LMS:
    LMS.txt

Quote Originally Posted by csccsc View Post
    I see the same issue with LMS 8.1.1 on Win 10 and a Squeezebox Touch (7.8.0-r16754). When I try to play a song:

Streaminfos werden geladen...
    Verbindung wird hergestellt ...
    Puffer wird gefŘllt ... 99%

It seems to play the song but there's no sound. The Pause button doesn't work, the progress bar doesn't move, no play time indicator.

Logfiles:

SBT:
    Jan 7 03:06:34 squeezeplay: INFO applet.SlimMenus - SlimMenusApplet.lua:502 _menuSink(1) nil menuDirective: add isCurrentServer:true
    Jan 7 03:06:34 squeezeplay: INFO applet.SlimMenus - SlimMenusApplet.lua:802 hiding any 'connecting to server' popup after menu response from current server, SlimServer {Laptop}
    Jan 7 03:06:34 squeezeplay: INFO applet.ChooseMusicSource - ChooseMusicSourceApplet.lua:543 Hiding popup, exists?: nil
    Jan 7 03:06:35 squeezeplay: INFO audio.decode - decode_start_handler:279 init decoder aac
    Jan 7 03:06:35 squeezeplay: INFO audio.decode - Playback.lua:477 connect 192.168.178.27:9000 GET /stream.mp3?player=00:04:20:22:4c:c9 HTTP/1.0^M

LMS:
    LMS.txt
    Can you edit C:\Program Files (x86)\Squeezebox\server\Slim\Plugin\RhapsodyDirect \ProtocolHandler, line 31 which says
    Code:
    sub formatOverride { aac }
    And remove it or comment it out (add a # at the beginning)
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2021-01-06 at 22:47.
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Same behavior

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Can you edit C:\Program Files (x86)\Squeezebox\server\Slim\Plugin\RhapsodyDirect \ProtocolHandler, line 31 which says
    Code:
    Thanks philippe_44. I made the change and restarted LMS. Different logfile (LMS2.txt), but same behavior in SBT.
    The issue seems to be client side, SBT seems to have a problem decoding the aac stream?

I set the log levels for audio.codec and audio.decode to DEBUG on the SBT.
    Here the logfile:SBT.txt

It shows sync errors resulting in a buffer underrun:
    Jan 7 17:22:18 squeezeplay: DEBUG audio.codec - src/decode_aac.c:124 sync error 4096 0
    Jan 7 17:22:18 squeezeplay: DEBUG audio.codec - src/decode_aac.c:140 error 2008
    Jan 7 17:22:18 squeezeplay: DEBUG audio.decode - Playback.lua:320 status DECODE UNDERRUN
    Last edited by csccsc; 2021-01-07 at 09:36.

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Code:
    I always thought you cannot change source code for LMS on Windows it is an EXE which get decompressed when it is run.

LMS 8.1.1 and Max2Play /Napster-Problem

>> And remove it or comment it out (add a # at the beginning)
    >
    > I always thought you cannot change source code for LMS on Windows it is
    > an EXE which get decompressed when it is run.

Not sure about the Plugin folder. Please double check.

--

Michael

Thanks philippe_44. I made the change and restarted LMS. Different logfile (LMS2.txt), but same behavior in SBT.
    The issue seems to be client side, SBT seems to have a problem decoding the aac stream?

I set the log levels for audio.codec and audio.decode to DEBUG on the SBT.
    Here the logfile:SBT.txt

It shows sync errors resulting in a buffer underrun:
    Jan 7 17:22:18 squeezeplay: DEBUG audio.codec - src/decode_aac.c:124 sync error 4096 0
    Jan 7 17:22:18 squeezeplay: DEBUG audio.codec - src/decode_aac.c:140 error 2008
    Jan 7 17:22:18 squeezeplay: DEBUG audio.decode - Playback.lua:320 status DECODE UNDERRUN
    I'm pretty sure the issue is that the Touch receives the wrong indication of codec. It's a bit confusing the way it's done in LMS and I also have made a fair bit of changes recently. The idea is that LMS sends the same codec type for mp4 and aac (type 'a') and then sends a sub-type info '2' is this is mp4 encapsulation and '5' is this is raw aac ADTS frames. The modifications I'm doing in LMS rationalize codec naming and now when a source is mp4, it shall remain mp4. We change that for other plugins / inside LMS but I'm really convinced that I missed Napster which forced type to be 'aac'. I can't test as I don't have a Napster account.

Now, as @bpa says; I'm not 100% sure that modifying the plugin folder in Windows works.
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

I was able to use my brother's Napster account. I can confirm that this is the issue. I'll send a PR later.

I'm not sure about how Windows works wrt plugin folder.

First of all I want to say a big THANK YOU for the great and timely support in this forum!

Wrt changing source code for LMS on Windows: I had done the suggested change (edit C:\Program Files (x86)\Squeezebox\server\Slim\Plugin\RhapsodyDirect \ProtocolHandler.pm, line 31) and this had an effect after restarting LMS as the logfile indicates. So as Michael said, you cannot change the source code of LMS in Windows as it is a compiled binary, but it seems that you can change the source code for plugins.

First of all I want to say a big THANK YOU for the great and timely support in this forum!

Wrt changing source code for LMS on Windows: I had done the suggested change (edit C:\Program Files (x86)\Squeezebox\server\Slim\Plugin\RhapsodyDirect \ProtocolHandler.pm, line 31) and this had an effect after restarting LMS as the logfile indicates. So as Michael said, you cannot change the source code of LMS in Windows as it is a compiled binary, but it seems that you can change the source code for plugins.
    So does it work for you now?