Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Hybrid View

Squeezebox Touch: Wifi option no longer showing

Happy New Year everyone!

Been a while not posting in this forum since everything is working fine... until today. What a way to start the year

I have an SB Touch connected via wifi to a LMS running on a NAS. I noticed today that it's not showing the clock screensaver but instead just a black screen. So I turned it on and noticed immediately that it's not connected to the LMS. I went to Settings > Advanced > Networking and noticed that it takes me directly to wired networking settings. I can no longer choose or even see an option for wireless/wifi.

So I did a factory reset thought that it would resolve the issue and now, after selecting the language (English), on the next step which is connecting to the network, I get the message: Not Connected - We can't detect a wired connection. Please check your ethernet cable and make sure your network is running and available.

I can no longer see a wifi option where I can select the hotspot and enter a password.

Any help is appreciated.

Do you still have the option to manually enter your SSID and password?

I can no longer see that option. After hitting "Continue" after selecting English as the language, I'm immediately shown the error message about not able to detect a wired connection.

Quote Originally Posted by chiz View Post
    I can no longer see that option. After hitting "Continue" after selecting English as the language, I'm immediately shown the error message about not able to detect a wired connection.
    I don't know why your wi-fi option is not showing, but I think I know why you are in an endless loop. You may need to connect to your router via an ethernet cable to be able to proceed.

Here is one user's solution to the problem:

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post976503

*** solved ***

Wow! The firmware update did the trick! Thank you so much!

Really weird why it happened though that I had to update the firmware. We didn't have any power interruption that may have caused this issue.

Thanks again for the help!