Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rgro View Post
    Do you think everything is o.k., now???
    It looks good!

Quote Originally Posted by rgro View Post
    I found that I could change and save the fan configuration values using the WinSCP editor. I double clicked on the argononed.py file, opened it, changed the fan and temp values, and saved. Is that an acceptable way to experiment with different the different temperature triggers and fan speeds??
    Yes, that is OK. To test if the fan starts use a temperature below the actual Pi temperature and set the percent value to something higher than 0. You have to reboot after the change!
    If you hear the fan running after the reboot, you know that it works.

Also you can press the power button for 3-4 seconds and the Pi should make a graceful shutdown. You will see that the red LED will switch off and then the Pi is switched off. Also you can double click the power button and then the Pi will make a reboot. The last thing you can make with the power button is to press ist for longer than 5-6 seconds, but you shouldn't really test it because this will make a hard switch off of the Pi.
    Pi4 4GB piCorePlayer with LMS and Squeezelite for USB inside an Argon One case
    Pi3B+ (7" Display, Hifiberry DAC+ Pro) piCorePlayer with Squeezlite/Jivelite for Hifiberry and Bluetooth headphone inside a SmartiPi touch case
    Two Airport Express
    Ikea Symfonisk

Quote Originally Posted by carsten_h View Post
    It looks good!

Yes, that is OK. To test if the fan starts use a temperature below the actual Pi temperature and set the percent value to something higher than 0. You have to reboot after the change!
    If you hear the fan running after the reboot, you know that it works.

Also you can press the power button for 3-4 seconds and the Pi should make a graceful shutdown. You will see that the red LED will switch off and then the Pi is switched off. Also you can double click the power button and then the Pi will make a reboot. The last thing you can make with the power button is to press ist for longer than 5-6 seconds, but you shouldn't really test it because this will make a hard switch off of the Pi.
    Hmmm...I used the WinSCP editor, set the temperature at 25 and the fan to 100%, saved, and checked that the change was still there prior to ending the WinSCP session. Then I rebooted piCorePlayer and the change did not survive the reboot. The values reverted to the default which is this.

fanconfig = ["65=100", "60=55", "57=30", "55=10", "30=0"]

Needless to say, I am stumped.
    Rg

System information
    ------------------------
    Main: RPI4B/PiCorePlayer/LMS> RPI4B/piCoreplayer/Squeezelite > USB>RME ADI-2 DAC > Benchmark AHB2 > Revel Performa F208 speakers, 2X REL R-305 subs.

Home Theatre: RPI4 B/HifiBerry Dac+ Pro>Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5 Classic 5.1.

LMS 8.1.2 - 1612773843 on RPI4B with 1tb Samsung T5 SSD.

pCP does not save things to disk unless you tell it to.
    Make your changes again and try
    pcp br
    (pcp backup and reboot)
    If that still does not preserve your changes then you need to tell pCP to include your files in its backup set ... and I expect there is a How To for that in the pCP documentation site.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    If that still does not preserve your changes then you need to tell pCP to include your files in its backup set ... and I expect there is a How To for that in the pCP documentation site.
    The files in the home directory are saved as far as I know.

But I forgot to mention the backup in my HowTo. I will add it later.
    Pi3B+ (7" Display, Hifiberry DAC+ Pro) piCorePlayer with Squeezlite/Jivelite for Hifiberry and Bluetooth headphone inside a SmartiPi touch case
    Two Airport Express
    Ikea Symfonisk

Running in Ram.....It's a blessing and a curse.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    pCP does not save things to disk unless you tell it to.
    Make your changes again and try
    pcp br
    (pcp backup and reboot)
    Woohoo!! Indeed, the backup and reboot worked. With the temp set to 25 C and fan to 100%, the fan turned on immediately upon reboot.

Thanks to all!
    Rg

System information
    ------------------------
    Main: RPI4B/PiCorePlayer/LMS> RPI4B/piCoreplayer/Squeezelite > USB>RME ADI-2 DAC > Benchmark AHB2 > Revel Performa F208 speakers, 2X REL R-305 subs.

Home Theatre: RPI4 B/HifiBerry Dac+ Pro>Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5 Classic 5.1.

LMS 8.1.2 - 1612773843 on RPI4B with 1tb Samsung T5 SSD.

Hi Carsten

Many thanks for this write-up. It gave me the confidence to buy an Argon One V2 case to house my LMS server, and I have installed the Python script as per your instructions. It all seems to be working well. The fan does not seem to be necessary when the case is on a desk (temperature hovers around 40 degrees with only LMS running), but since I plan to put my LMS server away in a cupboard with my router I thought it would be useful to have the option of the fan. And the power button is very useful. I'm impressed with this case.

I did notice a couple of things that might be useful to add to your instructions.

1) vcgencmd does not exist on a freshly-installed pCP7, so the Python script fails because it can't read the CPU temperature. It may already be present on your system if you have previously followed Paul-'s instructions to update the bootloader, i.e.:
    Code:
    ce
    tce-load -w git rpi-vc python3.8
    tce-load -i git rpi-vc python3.8
    If this hasn't been done, then an alternative is to load the extension rpi-vc.tcz via the Extensions page, in addition to the ones you listed already (i2c-tools.tcz, python3.8-rpi-gpio.tcz and python3.8-smbus.tcz).

2) The two user commands only need to have 'sudo' at the beginning when run from the command line. If you include them as User Commands on the Tweaks page, then sudo is not necessary.
    Last edited by chill; 2021-01-06 at 04:33.

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    Many thanks for this write-up.
    Many thanks for your reply to it!

I'm impressed with this case.
    It is really great! You wrote V2, so you have the one with the M.2 SSD at the bottom?
    There is also another one for Audio tasks: https://www.argon40.com/nanosound-on...-included.html

I did notice a couple of things that might be useful to add to your instructions.
    Yes, they are useful! Thank you!

If you include them as User Commands on the Tweaks page, then sudo is not necessary.
    Oh, I didn't know that, but it explains why they worked on my old installation without sudo. :-)

I will change the text!
    Two Airport Express
    Ikea Symfonisk

Quote Originally Posted by carsten_h View Post
    You wrote V2, so you have the one with the M.2 SSD at the bottom?
    No, the V2 does not have the SSD space below (although I note that it can be added). It's this one: https://thepihut.com/collections/ras...erry-pi-4-case
    I have no idea if there was a V1, or how it differs - it's simply the one currently offered by Pi Hut!

I've just ordered that M.2 SSD add-on tray and a suitable SSD. I think it's worth it to make a neat all-in-one server that will occupy a minimum of space in my router cupboard. It'll just have power and an ethernet cable connected to the back, and a USB3 flash drive for booting, including a separate partition for the LMS cache and boot/root backups.