Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Thank you very very much.
    Will update bootloader first.

And i'm not really sure if i should put all on the ssd or just the Music files, cache and library.
    Because, when i screw up something in pcp or lms on sd i could just change rewrite the sd card and don't had to work something on the ssd itself?

After boot pcp is working totally from RAM i was thinking? So it would only startup a little bit faster if all is on ssd and nothing else? Think i stay fir first on the safe and put pcp on the sd and not on ssd. Or is there another good reason?

I don't need to change something for the fan or trim right? Pi4 is still under 40░C think this case is cooling fine in any way.

Very happy with this combo. Nice, cute, fast little musicstation.

One thing, i format the ssd on a win pc with exFat? or any other advice? Hope this works with the adapter and the bridge.
    Cross fingers.

edit: Think it worked, i used a extension cable, uff it was very close that it fits. But it worked, i used gpt, ntfs, and now i was able to mount it in pcp/lms and moved cache and preferences. So i think i stay first with sdcard to boot and m.2 for all the data and cache. Or is there another very good point to move? Or to set or format something different?
    Fan is now just in standard (jaja passiert mir eher selten, schon klar, die art des stehens) settings mode, so it will start if it heats up? And Powerbutton will not work unless i do things from here. But i don't think or hope that i have to use the power button often.

So thanks (und danke) again.
    Last edited by mikitil; 2021-05-19 at 09:53.
    Pi4, Pi3, Radios, Receiver, Duet,...

If you want to boot from SD card, you have to use another bootloader configuration!

The SATA controller inside the Argon case is still not using TRIM. I asked them but they don‘t want to work on this.
    I think it would be better to use the Argon script as described here and inside the piCorePlayer documentation because you can use the button of the case for switching completely of or reboot.

If you want to write the music from the PC to the SSD exFAT would be the best choice. You have to install the exFaT driver in piCorePlayer afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by mikitil View Post
    Fan is now just in standart settings mode, so it will start if it heats up? And Powerbutton will not work unless i do things from here. But i don't think or hope that i have to use the power button often.
    The fan will never be switched on when you don't use the scripts. And for LMS usage it is great to have the power button, because the system will be switched off correctly!

Besides that, "standard" is written with "d" and not with "t", this is like it is in German too. .-)
    "Standart" in German language is the way of standing.
    Last edited by carsten_h; 2021-05-19 at 09:27.
    Pi4 4GB piCorePlayer with LMS and Squeezelite for USB inside an Argon One case
    Pi3B+ (7" Display, Hifiberry DAC+ Pro) piCorePlayer with Squeezlite/Jivelite for Hifiberry and Bluetooth headphone inside a SmartiPi touch case
    Two Airport Express
    Ikea Symfonisk

I put the files via samba and network to the ssd, because i have only a usb2 cable at the moment.
    You think its much much better to format it now to exFat or should i stay at ntfs..

Ok i will read the first post later again and hope i get it together. Thanks.

edit: If standard is the only fault i made in English it would be a happy day for me
    Dankń aber einńwńńg. Das passiert mir susch eher selte, dass i das mit t schriib, isch jo kei Steh-Kunscht.
    ...Das war schweizerdeutsch, wir schreiben wie wir wollen. Ha
    Last edited by mikitil; 2021-05-19 at 09:58.
    Pi4, Pi3, Radios, Receiver, Duet,...

What is the advantage of changing it to exFAT?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    What is the advantage of changing it to exFAT?
    I can not tell you. Maybe it is faster than NTFS?
    I am using here HFS+ because I sync the drive directly with my Mac Music-Mediathek. The drive is mounted as read only in piCorePlayer.

The best option when you use the drive only on piCorePlayer would be ext4 I think.
    Pi4 4GB piCorePlayer with LMS and Squeezelite for USB inside an Argon One case
    Pi3B+ (7" Display, Hifiberry DAC+ Pro) piCorePlayer with Squeezlite/Jivelite for Hifiberry and Bluetooth headphone inside a SmartiPi touch case
    Two Airport Express
    Ikea Symfonisk