Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Also - the patch to SqueezePlay is the same as I expect you had to do for the Ubuntu version ... unless Roobarb had already updated his master version.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Also - the patch to SqueezePlay is the same as I expect you had to do for the Ubuntu version ... unless Roobarb had already updated his master version.
    None of mine with latest Roobarb release have needed patching
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    It will play higher res.

How I used to do it, was add LMS and then install a patch for 192 kHz.
    This was the patch I was talking about

https://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/vi...t=740&start=80

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    ...As for USB DACs ... I have only ever tried two and they both worked without me doing anything special. However, I would not recommend them unless you happen to have them already (B&W MM-1 USB speakers / Behringer USB 302 mixer).
    Another vote for Behringer - I have two Jogglers, one used with an old Topping TP30 (sadly no longer available..) and another working well with a basic Behringer UCA222 which works very well to my aging ears. I'd also recommend something like this (select the "DOWN" version) to neaten things up.

Both Jogglers are still flashed with the original SQPOS (+ LMS 8 patch linked above..) so I can't comment on issues with the more recent Ubuntu image, but one option if you hit problems is to run a copy of Squeezelite in the background on the Joggler, which also provides native AAC / M4A support (avoiding server transcoding).
    Last edited by florca; 2020-12-31 at 10:52.
    Odroid HC1 / Armbian Stretch LMS & LocalPlayer
    4x Slim Devices SB3 (White)
    1x Boom, 1x Radio
    2x Joggler + Squeezeplay / Squeezelite + Topping TP30

Probably @Paulwebster can advise further but I can confirm that the £3 usb sound card I posted a link to earlier will work with a Joggler flashed with the SqueezePlay OS without any modifications required.
    Also I can confirm a slightly higher priced generic USB sound card, a Behringer UCA202, a HiFiMe DIY Sabre DAC and an Audioquest Dragonfly will all work.
    If you want 24/192 then you do need the EDO patch but 16/44.1 is fine without modification.
    However if you plan to use the new BBC Sounds plugin you currently need to modify the settings in /etc/asound.conf from 44100 to 48000
    There is also a patch to allow a freshly installed Joggler to connect to LMS8+ - although there are other ways round this if you know what you are doing it is advisable.
    There is also a single image replacement to put the Kolossos VU meter (the one in Jivelite on pCP) in place of the standard one but I can’t now find the instructions that Kolossus posted a few years ago.
    @Paul do you have the various links. I’m posting from my iPhone.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

Quote Originally Posted by florca View Post
    Both Jogglers are still flashed with the original SQPOS (+ LMS 8 patch linked above..) so I can't comment on issues with the more recent Ubuntu image, but one option if you hit problems is to run a copy of Squeezelite in the background on the Joggler, which also provides native AAC / M4A support (avoiding server transcoding).
    Do you have start up script for squeezelite ?

Or just run it from the command line from where it is installed ?

something like

/usr/local/bin/squeezelite -n Openframesqueezelite -o hw:CARD=Pro, DEV=0 -a 160:4::1: -C 10

Just askin'

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    There is also a single image replacement to put the Kolossos VU meter (the one in Jivelite on pCP) in place of the standard one but I can’t now find the instructions that Kolossus posted a few years ago.
    @Paul do you have the various links. I’m posting from my iPhone.
    I have not found the post that describes how to do it but digging around on a Joggler leads me to ...
    Code:
    /opt/jivelite/share/jive/applets/HDSkin/images/UNOFFICIAL/VUMeter/vu_analog_25seq_w.png
    /opt/jivelite/share/jive/applets/HDSkin/images/UNOFFICIAL/VUMeter/vu_analog_25seq_b.png
    /opt/jivelite/share/jive/applets/HDGridSkin/images/UNOFFICIAL/VUMeter/vu_analog_25seq_w.png
    /opt/jivelite/share/jive/applets/HDGridSkin/images/UNOFFICIAL/VUMeter/vu_analog_25seq_b.png
    /opt/jivelite/share/jive/applets/JogglerSkin/images/UNOFFICIAL/VUMeter/vu_analog_25seq_w.png
    so I suspect that the png files would go into those 3 locations.

Ralphy did a forum post with a png attached ... so next step would be to experiment.
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post976646

Edit:
    found forum post
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post857261
    Last edited by Paul Webster; 2021-01-02 at 08:21.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Do you have start up script for squeezelite ?

Or just run it from the command line from where it is installed ?

something like

/usr/local/bin/squeezelite -n Openframesqueezelite -o hw:CARD=Pro, DEV=0 -a 160:4::1: -C 10

Just askin'

ronnie
    I've added a line in ~/.xinitrc , just above the squeezeplay startup and as a background process ( terminate the command with & ) to kick it off. Not able to reach it right now so can't cut & paste, but I remember selecting a different (USB) output device from the main squeezeplay process, which I left on the Joggler speaker, and also be sure to set an explicit MAC address, different to the Joggler's MAC, on the squeezelite command to avoid LMS getting confused.
    Last edited by florca; 2021-01-02 at 10:16.
    Odroid HC1 / Armbian Stretch LMS & LocalPlayer
    4x Slim Devices SB3 (White)
    1x Boom, 1x Radio
    2x Joggler + Squeezeplay / Squeezelite + Topping TP30