Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Took the plunge went raspberry pi but stuck at the end point!

Having chugged along with my faithful NAS duo for many years all good things have to end now that LMS isnt supporting latest version so took the plunge bought a pi4, any misgivings I had with my zero knowledge of Linux was not to be, installed picoreplayer, wifi etc etc and mounted the NAS. Im stuck at accessing the LMS settings page - if I type <server address>:9000 I go to the Squeezebox home page, but how do get to the settings area? Shouldnt that be taking me to the familiar settings page? I think its been so long since Ive bothered to do this (I normally accessed LMS via the NAS pages) Im probably missing something obvious but what? Also when I do access the page to login with email the password is not being retained and I keep having to change it.. any thoughts. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by balbs View Post
    Having chugged along with my faithful NAS duo for many years all good things have to end now that LMS isnt supporting latest version so took the plunge bought a pi4, any misgivings I had with my zero knowledge of Linux was not to be, installed picoreplayer, wifi etc etc and mounted the NAS. Im stuck at accessing the LMS settings page - if I type <server address>:9000 I go to the Squeezebox home page, but how do get to the settings area? Shouldnt that be taking me to the familiar settings page? I think its been so long since Ive bothered to do this (I normally accessed LMS via the NAS pages) Im probably missing something obvious but what? Also when I do access the page to login with email the password is not being retained and I keep having to change it.. any thoughts. Thanks.
    Click the "Settings" button bottom right?

Name:  settings.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  23.0 KB
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 7.0.1/pi screen/Hifiberry DAC HAT Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Garage - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
    Dining Room - Pi3B/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by balbs View Post
    How do you know the password isn't retained? I think it is normal for the password box to appear empty after entering details.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Your image is familiar but this is where Im ending up....

Thats the page I want to get to.. this is the one Im being sent to... I know this is going to be obvious...

Name:  clip.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  78.1 KB

[QUOTE=balbs;1001759]Thats the page I want to get to.. this is the one Im being sent to... I know this is going to be obvious...

Ha ha . . I find that hard to believe!

What happens if you go to pCP > LMS page > configure LMS?

Name:  configure.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  81.3 KB
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 7.0.1/pi screen/Hifiberry DAC HAT Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Garage - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
    Dining Room - Pi3B/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

OK I take the Doh prize

Realised my different monitor I was setting everything up on was cutting off the next/skip line! Thanks you were right! Its always the simple stuff...