Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need Help with TIDAL please

My Touch wont play any songs on Tidal. I can see everything, but if I try to play anything, it just spins thru songs fast showing those "winamp.... popups", but plays nothing. When I go to my server, on my computer under my Tidai app under player tab it shows an old email address from an old tidal account. Although I logged into the server with my new tidal account, when I go to player tab it still shows the old one there that is no longer active. I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

> My Touch wont play any songs on Tidal. I can see everything, but if I

What LMS version? You need 8.x. Did you re-authorize TIDAL on
    mysqueezebox.com?

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > My Touch wont play any songs on Tidal. I can see everything, but if I

What LMS version? You need 8.x. Did you re-authorize TIDAL on
    mysqueezebox.com?

--

Michael
    I have the right version. By reauthorize, do you mean uninstall and reinstall tidal? I removed the app, reinstalled it, then deleted the tidal account and logged back in again fresh with the right email/tidal account. I did all that and still when I try to play anything it says failed to stream and goes thru that rapid cycling of tracks on the player. Am I missing a step or something? like installing ickstream or anything?
    Last edited by martyhk0; 2020-12-27 at 12:09.

Quote Originally Posted by martyhk0 View Post
    I have the right version. By reauthorize, do you mean uninstall and reinstall tidal? I removed the app, reinstalled it, then deleted the tidal account and logged back in again fresh with the right email/tidal account. I did all that and still when I try to play anything it says failed to stream and goes thru that rapid cycling of tracks on the player. Am I missing a step or something? like installing ickstream or anything?
    and now a new issue has arisen. My remote no longer shows the apps on my Touch. They are both connected to the same network. My remote can see my Touch but does not connect and the little radar screen on my remote stays red.

and now a new issue has arisen. My remote no longer shows the apps on my Touch. They are both connected to the same network. My remote can see my Touch but does not connect and the little radar screen on my remote stays red.
    But I hooked up my SB radio and used my other SB account. Then I can connect my remote to the radio. But I tried Tidal on that too, and the same thing happens.

> I have the right version. By reauthorize, do you mean uninstall and
    > reinstall tidal?

Remove the ickStream plugin. It's been dead for years.

Then go to https://www.mysqueezebox.com/user/apps/WiMP to authenticate.

--

Michael

[QUOTE=mherger;1001257]> I have the right version. By reauthorize, do you mean uninstall and
    > reinstall tidal?

--
    I dont have ickstream. I have the modern way of streaming tidal setup but it does not play songs, just skips right thru them. Would it help if I create and post a log file to get to the bottom of this problem and resolve it?

[QUOTE=martyhk0;1001814]
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > I have the right version. By reauthorize, do you mean uninstall and
    > reinstall tidal?

--
    I dont have ickstream. I have the modern way of streaming tidal setup but it does not play songs, just skips right thru them. Would it help if I create and post a log file to get to the bottom of this problem and resolve it?

Are you using a new Tidal account, have you in the past, had any other Tidal accounts?

I have two an the moment (both cheap trials, one of which will end in a week or so)

Name:  tidal.png
Views: 169
Size:  69.0 KB

I ask this; because someone I know had a similar problem to the poster, it was caused by confusion between two acconts (one of which he had forgotten creating).

ronnie

My Touch wont play any songs on Tidal. I can see everything, but if I try to play anything, it just spins thru songs fast showing those "winamp.... popups", but plays nothing. When I go to my server, on my computer under my Tidai app under player tab it shows an old email address from an old tidal account. Although I logged into the server with my new tidal account, when I go to player tab it still shows the old one there that is no longer active. I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

I just read your first post, sorry about that

Check the email address in the playerdropdown is correct

Name:  tidal2.png
Views: 171
Size:  106.2 KB

you may have to wait for a cache to clear before it works properly

ronnie

You still haven't told us what exact LMS version you were using.

--

Michael