Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Thread: Internet

Internet

I have a squeezebox radio Model X-R0001. I recently changed routers and now cannot get it to connect to the internet, I have tried 2 different routers, both wired and ethernet connected but nothing seems to work--any ideas ?

Had you assigned a static IP address to the player ... which is no longer valid because your new router is using a different IP address range or has given that IP address to a different device (so you now have a clash) ... or did you assign a gateway address to the player that is no longer correct because the new router is at a different IP address to the old one?

If that does not help then post the IP address information from the player and your network/router.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Or do a Factory Reset: Hold power button down until Radio says "Goodbye", then press and hold Power and (+) button simultaneously until you get "Factory Settings Restored" message. Go through the initial setup again.

Thank you--the factory re-set did the job. With out your help I would have ended up with just a really nice clock