Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 78 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast

Is anyone using IR remote with pCP7

Hello
    Is anyone using an IR remote control with pCP7. I ask as I had it running in the past, not sure if it was pCP6, but cannot get any joy with pCP7 today.
    The IR transistor is working and connected to +5, 0, and GPIO 22.
    If I clear default keytable (sudo ir-keytable -p -all), then test output (sudo ir-keytable -t) there is nothing. The IR sensor is pulsing on a oscilloscope
    so is working
    Has anyone any ideas the cause of the problem.
    Thanks
    diode84

Quote Originally Posted by diode84 View Post
    Hello
    Is anyone using an IR remote control with pCP7. I ask as I had it running in the past, not sure if it was pCP6, but cannot get any joy with pCP7 today.
    If I clear default keytable (sudo ir-keytable -p -all), then test output (sudo ir-keytable -t) there is nothing. The IR sensor is pulsing on a oscilloscope
    so is working
    Thanks
    diode84
    I have gone back to pCP6 and have no trouble getting IR remote control to work. Simple solution.
    diode84

PiCorePlayer Squeezelite bluetooth in other Raspberry Pi Distros?

Hi all

I don't know where else to ask this so I hope someone would be kind enough to help.

I have a RP3 running picoreplayer and want to also run a video server, VPN etc. So I have installed Dietpi and have everything working in LMS, Squeezelite as in picoreplayer, but I cannot understand how to get a connected bluetooth speaker visible in LMS as a Squeezelite player - basically as PiCorePlayer manages it.

I followed this guide to no avail - I can install everything and connect the speaker but I can't see it in LMS under a list of players.

https://github.com/oweitman/squeezelite-bluetooth (I know Paul- you have helped with this guide...?)

I would be so grateful if anyone could advise me on how to replicate the install/setup of bluetooth speakers as a Squeezelite player for Dietpi; my other option is to have one RP for PiCorePlayer and one for a video server, but seems 'wasteful'

thank you all in advance, I am a novice with these things and just trying to learn :-)

EDIT: another option would be running readymedia or minidlna on picoreplayer; can anyone advise how to do this please??
    Last edited by megatron_lives; 2021-02-24 at 15:39.

Quote Originally Posted by pgf View Post
    I'd like to try an extension that's available for TCL, but not listed as available for pCP.

Is there a way to configure pCP to access a TCL extension repo?

Specifically, I'd like to install pulseaudio. I currently run about half a dozen CHIP ("$9 computer") boards around the house -- they run squeezelite for music, and also pulseaudio so that I can feed them home automation announcements, etc. across the network. I don't know whether squeezelite uses the pulseaudio install or maybe goes direct to alsa, but the end result is that both audio sources (i.e., an LMS stream, and a home automation caller-id announcement, for example) can both play at the same time. As my CHIPs die over time, I'd like to replace them with raspberry pi boards and pCP, but I need this functionality.
    Squeezelite on pCP directly accesses alsa. Only one process can access the alsa device at time, so you will need to do a full pulseaudio system to do what you want. You might try to build your system up with RaspiOS, or use piCore directly.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

finlay@rockisland.com

ANNOUNCE: piCorePlayer 7.0.0

On 2/24/2021 1:43 PM, paul- wrote:
    > pgf wrote:
    >> I'd like to try an extension that's available for TCL, but not listed as
    >> available for pCP.
    >>
    >> Is there a way to configure pCP to access a TCL extension repo?
    >>
    >> Specifically, I'd like to install pulseaudio. I currently run about
    >> half a dozen CHIP ("$9 computer") boards around the house -- they run
    >> squeezelite for music, and also pulseaudio so that I can feed them home
    >> automation announcements, etc. across the network. I don't know whether
    >> squeezelite uses the pulseaudio install or maybe goes direct to alsa,
    >> but the end result is that both audio sources (i.e., an LMS stream, and
    >> a home automation caller-id announcement, for example) can both play at
    >> the same time. As my CHIPs die over time, I'd like to replace them with
    >> raspberry pi boards and pCP, but I need this functionality.
    >>

> Squeezelite on pCP directly accesses alsa. Only one process can access
    > the alsa device at time, so you will need to do a full pulseaudio system
    > to do what you want. You might try to build your system up with
    > RaspiOS, or use piCore directly.
    >
    >

If the hardware supports it, two processes can share the same alsa
    output by using the "dmix" device. With squeezelite I was able to get
    two processes to share the Analog Output using the same dmix device. I
    guess I was thinking that I could switch between streams by pausing one
    and starting the other in LMS but I never pursued it.

I don't know if pCP would support that.

John

Hello
    so is working
    Thanks
    diode84
    I'm using a justboom IR remote with pcp 7 64bit.

To clear the keytable the command should be (sudo ir-keytable -p all -c) typo?

Then check the output from (sudo ir-keytable -t) again.

Also check the IR values in pcp.cfg (grep ^IR /usr/local/etc/pcp/pcp.cfg). I've seen the IR_GPIO_IN value reset to default after reinstalling the ir extensions. I'm using the default 25.

Code:
    IR_LIRC="no"
    IR_KEYTABLES="yes"
    IR_GPIO_IN="25"
    IR_GPIO_OUT=""
    IR_DEVICE="lirc0"
    IR_CONFIG=""
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Hello
    so is working
    Thanks
    diode84
    I'm using an IR transistor with pcp 7 (32 bit) without any problems. I seem to recall that i couldn't get it working post an in-situ upgrade but with a fresh install and checking the GPIO setting, I didn't have any problems.

On 2/24/2021 1:43 PM, paul- wrote:
    > pgf wrote:
    > [... wants to let two audio sources use pCP's output at a time...]
    >>

> Squeezelite on pCP directly accesses alsa. Only one process can access
    > the alsa device at time, so you will need to do a full pulseaudio system
    > to do what you want. You might try to build your system up with
    > RaspiOS, or use piCore directly.
    >
    >

If the hardware supports it, two processes can share the same alsa
    output by using the "dmix" device. With squeezelite I was able to get
    two processes to share the Analog Output using the same dmix device. I
    guess I was thinking that I could switch between streams by pausing one
    and starting the other in LMS but I never pursued it.

I don't know if pCP would support that.

John
    Thanks -- I had given up on using dmix years ago when pulseaudio solved my problems so well, but in fact, just yesterday afternoon I implemented this, and it (almost) works just fine.

I've created a .asoundrc file that looks like this, in both /root and /home/tc (and I've added /root to /opt/.filetool.lst, so /root gets backed up):
    Code:
    # taken from:
    #  https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7002423/how-to-mix-multiple-pcm-streams-using-alsa
    pcm.hw1mix  {
        type dmix
        ipc_key 1939 # must be unique
        ipc_perm 0666 # mixing for all users
        slave {
            # pcm "hw:1"
    	pcm "hw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry,DEV=0"
            period_time 0
            period_size 1024 # must be power of 2
            buffer_size 4096
            rate 44100
        }
        bindings {
            0 0
            1 1
        }
    }

pcm.!default hw1mix

After doing that, "hw1mix" now appears in the pCP device selection menu. If I select that, squeezelite will use it happily, and my HifiBerry AMP2 works with two "inputs".

It's necessary to put the .asoundrc into a) /root so that it affects squeezelite's view of alsa, and b) into /home/tc to affect tc's view. tc needs it because I'm running a poor-man's network audio server. On the remote host that has something to say, I run (essentially):

Code:
    $ ssh tc@picore aplay  < myannouncement.wav
    There's probably a way to avoid the duplication of .asoundrc -- I'll look into it.

The other issue I have is that when pCP first boots, squeezelite doesn't come up -- it fails because hw1mix isn't available. If I simply restart squeezelite, it works fine. I'll either figure out a fix, or a workaround.

Who "owns" /opt/.filetool.lst?

As mentioned in my previous post, I've modified /opt/.filetool.lst in order get the contents of /root backed up in mybackup.tgz.

Is this "safe" to do? will .filetool.lst get overwritten during an upgrade without me knowing about it? If so, is there another way to add files to the backup?

paul

Hey guys,

I'm not sure if this is the best thread to post my issue, but maybe someone can provide some help. I'm using pCP 7.0.0 (linux 5.4.83-pcpCore-v7 | piCore v12.0pCP | Squeezelite v1.9.8-1344-pCP) on a RPi 3B+ together with HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro HAT connected to a FiiO K5 Pro via Coax. Today, I installed Qobuz plugin on LMS to give HiRes a try. I haven't been playing HiRes audio via LMS before, but I wanted to test some 24bit/192kHz tracks. However, my setup seems to be unable to handle sample rates >96kHz. Playing tracks >96kHz let my Pi "crash" and I need to power-cycle it to get it back running. The Digi+ Pro should be able to handle sample rate up to 192kHz. Is there anything I can try to solve this issue?

Thanks!

PS: I'm using an USB WiFi adapter, if this is relevant.
    Last edited by ashceryth; 2021-02-25 at 10:13.
    2x Squeezebox Radio| piCorePlayer with IQaudIO DigiAMP+ | piCorePlayer with HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro | piCorePlayer with touch screen and USB DAC