Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 28 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Its best to put that in a script, then call the script from user commands.

I would expect the sleep to be 15-20 seconds. If you look at dmesg, you can seen the timing on when the controller finishes powering up.
    Thanks for the fast responses, Paul!

I saw that bluetooth initializes after ~12 seconds, but from the looks of it the user command is ran after the dmesg stuff, so no delay is needed.

So, got it running. Posting below the steps I did with Paul's help for Bluetooth Auto Connect on boot, if anyone needs it:

1. connected phone in Player mode via pCP GUI
    2. ssh to pCP, login
    3. create bt.sh file and put following content in it:
    #!/bin/sh
    bluetoothctl << EOF
    connect YOUR_MAC_ID_HERE
    EOF
    4. run chmod 777 bt.sh
    5. run pcp bu
    6 in pCP GUI Tweaks tab, under User Commands put: sudo /home/tc/bt.sh and save
    7. reboot to see it working!

EDIT:
    Just timed it. Takes under 30s from power on until pCP connects via BT to the phone. Awesome!
    Last edited by fabflix; 2021-01-04 at 11:46.

Thanks for version 7! I also have a new DAC that can go up to 384K, so I'm trying to set that up.

I've seen mentions for an earlier version that that would require the audio kernel.

No such kernel in 7 (I understand that was the same as the real-time kernel). I have allo USBBridge signature, so I'm running the 32 bits verion.

Settings in LMS are all set to native, so that should be fine.

The highest I come with PCP7 is 192K. Never tried it with earlier version, but have tried the current hardware with Moode. Get 384K there, so
    does not seem to be a hardware issue. Also get DSD256. With PCP7 it us 192K and DSD64.

There is max rate setting in Squeezelite, but this is not well enough documented for me. Looked high & low, can find the correct format, but put in 384000.
    Does not make a difference...

So I have to ask for help. How do I get:

Name:  Clipboard01.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  25.1 KB

like it says on the box?

@lencoth

try these, you don't say which dac you have, this is for a Topping DX3Pro, usb connection

/usr/local/bin/squeezelite -n "DX3Pro" -o hw:CARD=Pro, DEV=0 -a 160:4::1: -b 20000:60000 -p 45 -D 0:u32be

ronnie

I solved my prior problem with the mounted hard drive constantly spinning. The problem was with the Seagate drive. I shut down LMS, and then later shut down Samba, and the Seagate drive would not stop spinning. I replaced the Seagate drive with my Toshiba drive and it stops spinning when I am not streaming music. That resolved the issue I was having. In copying the flies from the Seagate to the Toshiba, I could not safely remove the Seagate drive from my windows 10 machine, so something might be wrong with that Seagate drive.

I used the buttons in the LMS setup page to dismount the Seagate Drive so I could replace it with the Toshiba drive, but I was unsuccessful. The problem seemed to be that because I previously moved the LMS cache and data files to the Seagate drive, it would not let me move those files to the new mounted Toshiba drive. My solution was to start from scratch by re-flashing the SD card with PiCore.

If I backup the files in /slimserver/prefs/, and if I need to do a fresh LMS install, and then replace the files with the ones on the back up, will that avoid having to redo all the settings for my devices in LMS?

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    Hi Paul,
    I don't have a direct answer to your question either, one of the devs would have to tell you what LMS is doing when not streaming. But, I also have a pi3b+ with a USB HDD, LMS data moved to HDD, and had allot of issues recovering from frequent power failures. The pCP just lost the HDD mount on recovery, so I had to go in and remount. There are those that don't want to keep the data on the SD for fear of corruption, but others that say that is how they have run for years. I finally followed some advice from @Paul- to create a third partition on the SD for the LMS data, the thought being that if corruption occurs during LMS access, the pCP should still boot to fix. I also keep a copy of my LMS data (excluding cache) on my windows PC via samba. For me this makse sense and I don't feel there is a need for this to be on a mechanical drive.
    Jim
    Hi Jim,
    After a power outages, I also want the system will restart it-self and function properly. Last week, there was a power outage, but no music was being streamed at the time. When the power returned, pCP was running, but I could not get it to play any music. A reboot solved the problem.

I do not fully understand the SD card partitions. I assume the first partition is for the pCP files and this is what the Pi uses during start-up. I saw somewhere that after bootup, the first partition is unmounted to prevent corruption. The second partition is where LMS and Samba files are located. Is this correct? Would a third partition be for the LMS cache and preferences, or if you had small music collection the music files?

Putting the LMS cache, preferences, and data on the third partition on the SD card seems contradictory to the piCore documentation. However, as you mention other seem not to have a problem. Another solution would be to plug the pCP into a battery backup.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    @lencoth

try these, you don't say which dac you have, this is for a Topping DX3Pro, usb connection

/usr/local/bin/squeezelite -n "DX3Pro" -o hw:CARD=Pro, DEV=0 -a 160:4::1: -b 20000:60000 -p 45 -D 0:u32be

ronnie
    @Man in a van,

Hi ronnie,

Thanks, I'll try these when I'm home later! My DAC is DAC/Headphone Amp Questyle CMA 12 Master. The digital transports are an Allo USBBridge Signature for the USB signal and a Allo Digione Signature for the SPDIF signal. The Questyle identifies itself as "Xcore USB Audio 2.0" when I probe it. It works "out of the box" in Moode, but I like LMS better. And not just because this my 20th year of using it

Len.

Quote Originally Posted by lencoth View Post
    Thanks for version 7! I also have a new DAC that can go up to 384K, so I'm trying to set that up.

I've seen mentions for an earlier version that that would require the audio kernel.

No such kernel in 7 (I understand that was the same as the real-time kernel). I have allo USBBridge signature, so I'm running the 32 bits verion.
    All of the previous mentions in the release notes of 384k are for i2s DAC's. But mainly only the PCM51xx DACs'. The pCP7 kernel has the 384k patches in the kernel. USB Dacs have never had special kernel modifications.

The highest I come with PCP7 is 192K. Never tried it with earlier version, but have tried the current hardware with Moode. Get 384K there, so
    does not seem to be a hardware issue. Also get DSD256. With PCP7 it us 192K and DSD64.

There is max rate setting in Squeezelite, but this is not well enough documented for me. Looked high & low, can find the correct format, but put in 384000.
    Does not make a difference...
    I know others get DSD256. I would refer you to this https://soundcheck-audio.blogspot.co...eries-dsd.html
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

On my pi4/4GB pCp player i have cpu isolation 0,3.

0 is reserved for irq's and 3 for squeezelite.

Squezelite CPU is 3 and Squezelite output CPU is also 3, i am not doing oversampling.

Here are my squezelite options:

/usr/local/bin/squeezelite -n pi7 -o hw:CARD=SGD1,DEV=0 -a 160 4 1 -b 10000 20000 -p 45

When i am changing some squezelite parameters, than squezelite is restarted and i can see those errors:

[ INFO ] Stopping Squeezelite player: Squeezelite...

[ INFO ] Starting Squeezelite player: Squeezelite...
    taskset: invalid option -- 'c' BusyBox v1.31.1 (2020-12-18 22:25:41 EST) multi-call binary. Usage: taskset [-p] [HEXMASK] PID | PROG ARGS Set or get CPU affinity -p Operate on an existing PID taskset: invalid option -- 'c' BusyBox v1.31.1 (2020-12-18 22:25:41 EST) multi-call binary. Usage: taskset [-p] [HEXMASK] PID | PROG ARGS Set or get CPU affinity -p Operate on an existing PID taskset: invalid option -- 'c' BusyBox v1.31.1 (2020-12-18 22:25:41 EST) multi-call binary. Usage: taskset [-p] [HEXMASK] PID | PROG ARGS Set or get CPU affinity -p Operate on an existing PID taskset: invalid option -- 'c' BusyBox v1.31.1 (2020-12-18 22:25:41 EST) multi-call binary. Usage: taskset [-p] [HEXMASK] PID | PROG ARGS Set or get CPU affinity -p Operate on an existing PID

I have never seen this error in pCp 6.1 with identical configuration.

Any hint ?

Quote Originally Posted by praganj View Post
    On my pi4/4GB pCp player i have cpu isolation 0,3.

0 is reserved for irq's and 3 for squeezelite.

Squezelite CPU is 3 and Squezelite output CPU is also 3, i am not doing oversampling.

Here are my squezelite options:

/usr/local/bin/squeezelite -n pi7 -o hw:CARD=SGD1,DEV=0 -a 160 4 1 -b 10000 20000 -p 45

When i am changing some squezelite parameters, than squezelite is restarted and i can see those errors:

[ INFO ] Stopping Squeezelite player: Squeezelite...

[ INFO ] Starting Squeezelite player: Squeezelite...
    taskset: invalid option -- 'c' BusyBox v1.31.1 (2020-12-18 22:25:41 EST) multi-call binary. Usage: taskset [-p] [HEXMASK] PID | PROG ARGS Set or get CPU affinity -p Operate on an existing PID taskset: invalid option -- 'c' BusyBox v1.31.1 (2020-12-18 22:25:41 EST) multi-call binary. Usage: taskset [-p] [HEXMASK] PID | PROG ARGS Set or get CPU affinity -p Operate on an existing PID taskset: invalid option -- 'c' BusyBox v1.31.1 (2020-12-18 22:25:41 EST) multi-call binary. Usage: taskset [-p] [HEXMASK] PID | PROG ARGS Set or get CPU affinity -p Operate on an existing PID taskset: invalid option -- 'c' BusyBox v1.31.1 (2020-12-18 22:25:41 EST) multi-call binary. Usage: taskset [-p] [HEXMASK] PID | PROG ARGS Set or get CPU affinity -p Operate on an existing PID

I have never seen this error in pCp 6.1 with identical configuration.

Any hint ?
    I thought I tested the new busybox....guess I missed that(Likely will need to wait until pCP7.1. Not sure there is much of a reason to do isolation on a pi4 anyway. The theory before was related to the high level of irqs due to the poor USB handling on the P0-3. The pi4 has a much more efficient USB and network chip.

exfat-utils.tcz already installed message - can't mount USB disk

Hello Paul, happy new year!
    And thanks for this new major version ;o)
    I upgraded one of my pis (a Pi 2 Model B) to this new release (burnt from image) and installed LMS, extra filesystems support. When I went to install exFAT a message said it was already installed.
    Yet in the mount USB disk utility it still asks "Please install exfat-utils.tcz" and won't mount anything.
    I tried rebooting, repeating the steps, rebooting between each step, installing from the extensions utility... it always tells me it's already installed, but still asks for it in the USB section.
    Any idea on how to get over that?
    Thanks in advance!
    Main system: Syno 415+ -> Roon server on Intel NUC -> Bricasti M1 DAC -> Karan KAL reference mkIII-> 2x Karan KAM 900 -> Usher BE20 DMD. All powered from PS Audio P10.
    Office system: Syno 415+ -> Roon server on Intel NUC -> Raspberry pi with Rooopi -> Burson Audio Conductor V2+ -> Hifiman Edition X
    Remote system: LMS on Syno 415+ -> piCorePlayer with Audiophonics DAC -> Monitor Audio Silver 100

Quote Originally Posted by Linvincible View Post
    Hello Paul, happy new year!
    And thanks for this new major version ;o)
    I upgraded one of my pis (a Pi 2 Model B) to this new release (burnt from image) and installed LMS, extra filesystems support. When I went to install exFAT a message said it was already installed.
    Yet in the mount USB disk utility it still asks "Please install exfat-utils.tcz" and won't mount anything.
    I tried rebooting, repeating the steps, rebooting between each step, installing from the extensions utility... it always tells me it's already installed, but still asks for it in the USB section.
    Any idea on how to get over that?
    Thanks in advance!
    It appears that for some reason the extension is downloaded, but not actually installed. Was it possible you ran out of disk space while installing exfat? Make sure your partition is expanded. At this point, it would be best to remove exfat, then re-add it. If the web interface wont let you remove it. Do this in an ssh session

Code:
    tce-audit builddb
    tce-audit delete exfat-utils.tcz
    pcp rb