Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 107 of 107 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1070
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmar.F View Post
    ext4-formatted a USB stick on my ubuntu laptop with gparted (as root) and copied some music files as root (with sudo nautilus) on it. Hooked the stick to the BOSS2 and voila, it works.

But I don't get it done to copy files directly to the USB stick hooked up to the BOSS2 via SAMBA or whatever it takes. Do you know how to do that?
    I'm working on it now.

I'll start a new thread

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    I'm working on it now.

I'll start a new thread
    Could you post a link to the new thread you like to start?

I go to bed now. Good night.

Could you post a link to the new thread you like to start?

I go to bed now. Good night.
    Go on then, leave me, burning the midnight oil, like Bob Cratchit . I dunno know "kids terday, whoy dey like ? "

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...=1#post1021958

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by kbpro View Post
    Hi,

I'm having issues getting an official Raspberry Pi 7" touchscreen working on pCP. Is this the right place to ask for help?

As far as I can tell, the first touchscreen works fine on everything but PiCorePlayer, which suggests to me an incompatibility specifically with something in the PiCorePlayer build.

The manufacturing date of the first (problem) touchscreen appears to be 2012, and the second (working) one appears to be 2009. Attached is a picture of the numbers printed on the back of the screen.

I've also tested it on the following versions of Tiny Core (downloaded directly from tinycorelinux.net), and it works with no issues. I get the rainbow screen on boot, followed by the boot process text.
    TinyCore 12.0 64 bit
    TinyCore 13.0 32 bit
    TinyCore 13.0 64 bit

Any suggestions? I'm out of ideas for things to try.
    What rpi board are you using? If you are using the rpi4, what is the bootloader version?
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Very odd - especially if all you can repeat it simply by switching SD card and not touching any of the cables.

How about trying pCP 6 (or older)?
    I agree, very odd!

You are correct, I can repeat it just by switching the SD card and not touching anything else. Today I tested using the same SD card, just writing a new image to it.

pCP 6.1.0 - same behaviour - grey screen
    pCP 5.0.0 - no boot, black screen (doesn't support Pi 4?)
    back to Tiny Core 12.0 64 bit (on the same SD card) - works

See earlier question from paul- that is specific to RPi4
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    What rpi board are you using? If you are using the rpi4, what is the bootloader version?
    I'm using a Pi 4B. The bootloader version is Sep 3 2020 13:11:43
    I also tried on a second Pi 4B running bootloader version Apr 29 2021 17:11:25, with the same results.

Thanks
    Last edited by kbpro; 2021-05-07 at 06:42.

Quote Originally Posted by kbpro View Post
    When I power it up the backlight comes on and the screen fades to grey (with some light vertical lines).
    I don't get the rainbow display and subsequent boot text. The Pi boots successfully and is accessible via the network but the display never updates.
    [...]
    The manufacturing date of the first (problem) touchscreen appears to be 2012, and the second (working) one appears to be 2009. Attached is a picture of the numbers printed on the back of the screen.
    Just another idea to check ():
    There are two generations of these displays: With the newer one you can control the brightness of the backlight while the first generation has only an on/off capability. In both types, the backlight is controlled by the content of the file '/sys/class/backlight/rpi_backlight/brightness'.
    For the first generation, a value greater than '0' will switch on the the backlight while '0' means 'backlight off'.
    The second generations accepts values between 0 and 255. The higher the value the higher the brightness. Now comes the important part for you, kbpro: values lower than 10 (or 11) lead to a black (or dark) display what is similar to the behaviour of your display.

Hence, I suggest to check the value in the file '/sys/class/backlight/rpi_backlight/brightness' whether it is in the range of 1 ... 10. If yes, then choose an higher one (50 is more than sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by jd68 View Post
    Just another idea to check ():
    There are two generations of these displays: With the newer one you can control the brightness of the backlight while the first generation has only an on/off capability. In both types, the backlight is controlled by the content of the file '/sys/class/backlight/rpi_backlight/brightness'.
    For the first generation, a value greater than '0' will switch on the the backlight while '0' means 'backlight off'.
    The second generations accepts values between 0 and 255. The higher the value the higher the brightness. Now comes the important part for you, kbpro: values lower than 10 (or 11) lead to a black (or dark) display what is similar to the behaviour of your display.

Hence, I suggest to check the value in the file '/sys/class/backlight/rpi_backlight/brightness' whether it is in the range of 1 ... 10. If yes, then choose an higher one (50 is more than sufficient.
    Thank you for the suggestion jd68. I just checked and it is set to 255.

One note from the distributor (thanks buyapi.ca) - they don't think that the numbers on the back of the panel correspond to a manufacturing date, so that may be a red herring.
    Last edited by kbpro; 2021-05-07 at 12:52.

,At "Pick from the following detected USB disks to mount" --> no usb drive detected --> instead: Disc with GTP (or was it GPT) partition found. Install...,
    Does your SSD have a GPT partition table? Then it is easy to get it to work.
    You have to install "util-linux.tcz" to get it to work!
    Pi4 4GB piCorePlayer with LMS and Squeezelite for USB inside an Argon One case
    Pi3B+ (7" Display, Hifiberry DAC+ Pro) piCorePlayer with Squeezlite/Jivelite for Hifiberry and Bluetooth headphone inside a SmartiPi touch case
    Two Airport Express
    Ikea Symfonisk