ANNOUNCE: piCorePlayer 7.0.0

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • edward.zeidan
    • Nov 2018

PiCoreplayer on Rpi,/ using Khadas USB audio output.

Hello < I need help. my settings for Picore-player are all normal. I have LMS and Squeezelite
    RUNNING. An Image of my PcP Squeezelite settings page is attached. I am using a Khadas
    USB DAC. is there something special I need to insert into the Output Setting field?
    There is no sound coming out of the RCA plugs of the Khadas sound card. at all. htere is someting
    here that says, Set ALSA control to unmute and set to full volume under Unmute ALSA control
    But I am unclear of what text to insert there into the field.
    I got it to work before, but cannot say why it it does not produce sound now.
    regards
    Ed.
    Attached Files

Comment

• edward.zeidan
      • Nov 2018

I solved this problem. of Picoreplayer + Khadas toneboard

Hi, thanks in advance, I found another bloke trying to solve a similar problem,
      and copied the text below into the output settings, and lo and behold,
      it worked. OMG> I'm so pleased. Glad this forum exists,
      many thanks again,
      Ed.

hw:CARD=Control,DEV=0

Comment

• Greg Erskine
        • Sep 2006

The output settings is wrong. It points to HDMI (b1).

Look under the more> help of valid output settings.

Comment

• mr-b
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by paul-
          Well it seems that somewhere along the line the path for e2fsck moved, so the script is not working. Your best bet is to pull the card out and check it in another linux machine. But back to the actual error messages, those are not likely caused by a file system problem. Those are at the mmc drive controller level.
          OK it looks like I'll have to get a Linux VM going.

RE: the mmc drive controller errors, is that a driver issue, or a physical card problem?

Comment

• paul-
            • Jan 2013

Likely the card or a bad power supply. But if your not seeing undervolt errors in dmesg, the power should be fine.
            piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
            Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Comment

• Jaca
              • Nov 2012

Hi apologies if this was already answered, I gave up search after 20 minutes cos although there is lots about Bluetooth I can't find my case..

I have upgraded my ancient tv to android tv so retired libreelec (with squeezelite) on my RPi 3b+ which now runs pCP for only audio duties.. Main pCP role works great (expect player name reverting to picoreplayer for some reason) but as new tv hasn't got analog audio output and my old hifi hasn't got optical/digital audio inputs, I was hoping to use pCP as Bluetooth sink...until I'm in position to upgrade hifi..

It seems to work initially but is not really reliable.. If I disconnect tv is not able to reconnect automatically.. Only restart of deamon seems to help.. Also a/v us out of sync so I guess pCP is not reporting latency to tv which should take care of sync.. (option for that is enabled on tv)

BTW I have used old slow 2gb sd card as AFAIK pCP runs from memory but then when setting up a Bluetooth there was another partition created? Hmm could slow sd card have negative impact on Bluetooth..

Also.. RPi is connected using WiFi (5ghz)but I think 3b+ had resolved the problem of WiFi /Bluetooth interface..

Is my Bluetooth sink plan achievable at all?
              Thanks
              3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, 2x SqueezeAMP, Squeezebox Receiver, PiCorePlayer (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro), Material Skin Apk, SqueezePlayer Apk, Squeezelite-X, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.4.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Comment

• paul-
                • Jan 2013

There is no way to overcome the latency.

Comment

• schwoof
                  • Jun 2021

Hello together,

just a short question: Bluetooth Audio

I'm running PiCore Player 7.0.0 www v00015 on a Raspberry Pi 4
                  I am not able to run Bluetooth Audio with the player.
                  Bluetooth connection with my JBL Speaker is running and paired.
                  But when I want to change the Audio Output Device Settings, there is no "bluetooth". Only Analog, HDMI, USB and all the others.

What I have to do?

Thanks a lot.
                  Christian

Comment

• paul-
                    • Jan 2013

Bluetooth works differently than earlier versions. Look in LMS for a new player with the name of your Bluetooth device. No reason to do anything on the squeezelite page

Comment

• bakker_be
                      • May 2009

Longtime LMS user, first time pCP user. I'm having some trouble getting up and running with LMS on a Pi 3B.
                      The web interface quite logically tells me the partition isn't big enough for installation, do I want to resize? Of course I do, but that's as far as it goes Resize logs uploaded to Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/4Ge0LaGY
                      I first tried a 64GB card, then changed the power supply for something a bit beefier, then put in an 8GB card, all to no avail. The logs are from the 8GB card, with the more powerful PSU.
                      Main System: Marantz SR-5015 + Adam Audio T8V + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 3 + BK Monolith+ FF + Lenovo T560 + Kodi + LG OLED65B26LA + UP-Board running Daphile
                      Kitchen: Touch + Ikea ENEBY 30
                      Home-Office: SqueezeLite-X + Topping DX3 Pro + NAD 312 + TMA Premium 905

Comment

• Paul Webster
                        • Apr 2005

Pastebin said that it was private to me so could not review.
                        Paul Webster
                        Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
                        and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

• bakker_be
                          • May 2009

Originally posted by Paul Webster
                          Pastebin said that it was private to me so could not review.
                          Hmmm, I used the pastebin function on th pCP web interface ... Manually pasted it public: https://pastebin.com/GJ9Fj898
                          Main System: Marantz SR-5015 + Adam Audio T8V + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 3 + BK Monolith+ FF + Lenovo T560 + Kodi + LG OLED65B26LA + UP-Board running Daphile
                          Kitchen: Touch + Ikea ENEBY 30
                          Home-Office: SqueezeLite-X + Topping DX3 Pro + NAD 312 + TMA Premium 905

Comment

• kidstypike
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by bakker_be
                            Hmmm, I used the pastebin function on th pCP web interface ... Manually pasted it public: https://pastebin.com/GJ9Fj898
                            This should be so simple, people seem to have success using the method below:

Pi5 .. pCP 9beta5 .. LMS 8.4 -- nomysqueezebox
                            Study - Pi2B .. S.M.S.L SU-1 .. Q Acoustics M20
                            Snug/TV .. DAC32 .. Audio Engine B2
                            Spares - 1xSBTouch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, AVI DM5 speakers

Comment

• Redrum
                              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by kidstypike
                              This should be so simple, people seem to have success using the method below:

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...=1#post1019719
                              + 1

@bakker_be, you didn't mention the steps you take up to when you resize, but if you installed LMS, found the partition to be inadequate, then tried to resize, this could be your problem. I suggest you start from the beginning, then resize before install of LMS.

I had a pCP 6.1 that I wanted to upgrade to pcP 7, but found that my file system size was smaller than what I wanted, so I resized, and ... bricked the sd card. I had a backup image and tried again. I could not resize with LMS in place. I never pursued it further, just did a fresh install of 7.

Jim

Comment

• Greg Erskine
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by bakker_be
                                The pCP pastebin function always uploads privately. Only the pCP developers have access. The pastes are also automatically deleted after 24 hours.

It's all about privacy!

Comment

Working...