Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 44 of 80 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by corrobor View Post
    I had upgrade my zero without any problem.

P.S. i recently bought a rpi4: It sounds Better than the zero.
    Weird. I get
    Code:
    Error retreiving /12.x/armv6/tcz/alsa-modules-5.4.83-pcpCore.tcz.md5.txt
    Error retreiving /12.x/armv6/tcz/alsa-modules-5.4.83-pcpCore.tcz
    and the list goes on.
    Final status is "Error downloading new Kernel Modules". Maybe I changed a setting pointing to the modules repo?

Quote Originally Posted by corrobor View Post
    P.S. i recently bought a rpi4: It sounds Better than the zero.
    Interesting.
    Did you use the same DAC on both?

Quote Originally Posted by rwanou View Post
    Weird. I get
    Code:
    and the list goes on.
    Final status is "Error downloading new Kernel Modules". Maybe I changed a setting pointing to the modules repo?
    I too am using the pi zero w with v7 and works very well, although I did a fresh install. Maybe you've run out of space? Perhaps try resizing the filesystem?

Regards,
    Toonie.

Quote Originally Posted by rwanou View Post
    Weird. I get
    Code:
    and the list goes on.

What is the full log output. Did you try the other pCP mirror?
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Can I make an observation/ suggestion?

When you do a backup within pCP itís not really a backup at all itís writing the changes youíve made in RAM to the SD card for next boot. Itís really a system save if you will which is great.

Iím wondering whether it would be possible to incorporate a real backup where as well as saving to SD a similar routine could back up the entire SD image to attached USB? This would be very useful in the event of an SD failure as you could use the USB backup to write a new one.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post

When you do a backup within pCP itís not really a backup at all itís writing the changes youíve made in RAM to the SD card for next boot. Itís really a system save if you will which is great.

Iím wondering whether it would be possible to incorporate a real backup where as well as saving to SD a similar routine could back up the entire SD image to attached USB? This would be very useful in the event of an SD failure as you could use the USB backup to write a new one.
    This is certainly a useful thing to do in my opinion. I have my own script that backs up the first two partitions (Boot and Root) to a compressed image ('dd' piped through 'gzip'). I run this script on a daily basis. If I need to I can use 'dd' to write that image to a new card/USB.

I now boot from a USB flash drive. I wonder what the result would be if, instead of backing up to an image, the backup was to another USB flash drive, so that it was ready to go in an emergency. Which one would the Pi boot from?

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    This is certainly a useful thing to do in my opinion. I have my own script that backs up the first two partitions (Boot and Root) to a compressed image ('dd' piped through 'gzip'). I run this script on a daily basis. If I need to I can use 'dd' to write that image to a new card/USB.

I now boot from a USB flash drive. I wonder what the result would be if, instead of backing up to an image, the backup was to another USB flash drive, so that it was ready to go in an emergency. Which one would the Pi boot from?
    I would be interested in this kind of script. Are you willing to share it, please?
    The Earth Has Music For Those Who Listen

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post

We have been debating about including save/restore image capability. We have created a web page that allows you to do a SD card backup to any mounted drive (Including network drives). It tags the timestamp on the image, so you can save as many as you wish. We will probably not include an internal restore.....any imaging program can do the restore.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    We have been debating about including save/restore image capability. We have created a web page that allows you to do a SD card backup to any mounted drive (Including network drives). It tags the timestamp on the image, so you can save as many as you wish. We will probably not include an internal restore.....any imaging program can do the restore.
    Awesome!
    Dumb question: which webpage would that be, please?
    Thanks
    Regards
    Pommes
    The Earth Has Music For Those Who Listen

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhardc View Post
    Hi,
    with PCP 6.x Hifiberry ADC/DAC was running. After upgrade to PCP 7 its not working anymore. The same result with ADC/DAC pro.

tc@pi-Wohnzimmer:~$ tail -f /var/log/pcp_streamer.log

HTTP/1.0 200 OK
    Content-Type: audio/x-flac
    icy-br: 1834560
    icy-name: pCP pi-Wohnzimmer line-in (flac)
    icy-metadata: 0
    ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:1829_snd_pcm_hw_open) Invalid value for card
    arecord: main:830: audio open error: No such device
    Disconnect: 20210121134723
    Gerhardc,

I just tested my ADC, and its working. Make sure the device input device is filled out.

Name:  2021-01-23_12-17.png
Views: 156
Size:  48.7 KB