Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 99 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by papaiannis View Post
    Are there any plans to provide a driver dedicated to the Audiophonics AK4493 DAC board?
    I currently use the generic "rPi DAC" driver, and it works well. Is there a better choice?
    Usually the manufacturers get their drivers included in Raspberry Pi OS. Once it has been included, we make it available in the next version of piCorePlayer.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPr View Post
    Hi together - first of all thanks so much for the great piCorePlayer!

To control my Raspis I'm using the Android App RasPi Check - unfortunately I can't use for the Tiny Core Linux because I get an (!) Oops
    Code:
    "The tool 'vcgencmd' was not found!
    on your Pi. Make sure it is located
    und '/usr/bin or '/opt/vc/bin/' and
    your SSH user is in group 'video'
    Because I guess vcgencmd is provided by rpi-vc.tcz I added this package but I failed with
    Code:
    sudo usermod -aG video tc
    because the 'usermod' is not known. Also with 'sudo addgroup tc video' I had no success. It seems the user 'tc' is in the group 'video

Code:
    tc@piCorePlayer:~$ id
    uid=1001(tc) gid=50(staff) groups=44(video),50(staff)
    but 'vcgencmd' still fails
    Code:
    tc@piCorePlayer:~$ vcgencmd
    VCHI initialization failed
    Can somebody with a bit more linux skills/TinyCore support me? Thanks a lot
    piCorePlayer uses piCore which may not be compatible with RasPi Check. I suspect RasPi Check was written assuming your Raspberry Pi was using a "normal" Linux distribution with bash included and the additional RPi utilities already included.

Ask the RasPi Check developers if it is compatible with piCore.

Screensaver problem on 3.5" LCD / Read-only FS

I have a RPI 2B with PCP 7.0.0 and Jivelite running nicely on a 3.5 inch Waveshare LCD (Wav35Skin)

However, I think i need to edit ClockApplet.lua to get the clock screensaver working as there is no entry in the script for the Wav35skin and, of course, when setting the screensaver to e.g. DotMatrix or digital clock, there is no display.

I think all i need to do is add 'Wav35Skin' to the _isWQVGASkin function as per below:

local function _isWQVGASkin(skinName)
    if skinName == 'WQVGAsmallSkin' or skinName == 'WQVGAlargeSkin' or skinName == 'Wav35Skin' then
    return true
    end
    end

But, because the mounted FS is read only i am stuck - i cant find any way to edit this file - help please :-) !

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    piCorePlayer uses piCore which may not be compatible with RasPi Check. I suspect RasPi Check was written assuming your Raspberry Pi was using a "normal" Linux distribution with bash included and the additional RPi utilities already included.

Ask the RasPi Check developers if it is compatible with piCore.
    Thanks for the reply - what I learned from the RasPi Check debug messages - they just use vcgencmd without sudo. So my plan was to add the user 'tc' to sudoiers but that's the point I struggle see Post https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...=1#post1019791

I may be wrong - but from my point of view it could work - if I knew how to add 'tc' and use vcgencmd without sudo.
    LMS:
    Version: 8.2.0 - 1616690655 @ Thu Mar 25 18:15:21 CET 2021
    on RPi4/ Raspbian Buster 10 pointed (NFS) to MusicLibrary on QNAP TS212

Squeeze-Players:
    Duet - Cntrl-FW: 8.0.1-r16844/ Receiver-FW: 77
    2x Radio - FW: 8.0.1-r16844
    RPi 2B - pCP 7.0.1/ SqueezeLite v1.9.9-1372-pCP
    Transporter - FW: 87
    Softsqueeze 3.9.2 on Win 10 / Squeezeplay 8.0.1r1343 on Win 10
    Squeeze Player 1.3.21 on S7/Android 8.0.0

Controller:
    Android Phone - Squeezer 2.2.4/ Material Skin 2.3.5

You could be lucky but I expect further issues.

Can RasPi Check issue a "sudo -s" as the first command?

I use this to elevate tc to root in winSCP.

Quote Originally Posted by chazza View Post
    I have a RPI 2B with PCP 7.0.0 and Jivelite running nicely on a 3.5 inch Waveshare LCD (Wav35Skin)

However, I think i need to edit ClockApplet.lua to get the clock screensaver working as there is no entry in the script for the Wav35skin and, of course, when setting the screensaver to e.g. DotMatrix or digital clock, there is no display.

I think all i need to do is add 'Wav35Skin' to the _isWQVGASkin function as per below:

local function _isWQVGASkin(skinName)
    if skinName == 'WQVGAsmallSkin' or skinName == 'WQVGAlargeSkin' or skinName == 'Wav35Skin' then
    return true
    end
    end

But, because the mounted FS is read only i am stuck - i cant find any way to edit this file - help please :-) !

Thanks
    Connect to pcp via ssh then copy the clock applet using these commands.

cd /home/tc/.jivelite/userpath/applets

sudo cp -Lr /opt/jivelite/share/jive/applets/Clock .

sudo chown -R tc Clock

Then you can edit /home/tc/.jivelite/userpath/applets/ClockApplet.lua

Restart jivelite using the Quit menu option and when JL restarts it will find and load the modified Clock applet files instead of the readonly version.

Make sure you BACKUP the pcp configuration before you reboot, otherwise your changes will be lost.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

You could be lucky but I expect further issues.
    Cross the fingers for me
    Can RasPi Check issue a "sudo -s" as the first command?

I use this to elevate tc to root in winSCP.
    Yes that's what I do with WinSCP, too. But with RaspiCheck the interface is simple /clear. I can't find anything like that:

Name:  Screenshot_20210422-145025_RasPi Check.png
Views: 332
Size:  10.1 KB

I guess at this point I've to give up if there is no way to give 'tc' elevate rights
    LMS:
    Version: 8.2.0 - 1616690655 @ Thu Mar 25 18:15:21 CET 2021
    on RPi4/ Raspbian Buster 10 pointed (NFS) to MusicLibrary on QNAP TS212

Squeeze-Players:
    Duet - Cntrl-FW: 8.0.1-r16844/ Receiver-FW: 77
    2x Radio - FW: 8.0.1-r16844
    RPi 2B - pCP 7.0.1/ SqueezeLite v1.9.9-1372-pCP
    Transporter - FW: 87
    Softsqueeze 3.9.2 on Win 10 / Squeezeplay 8.0.1r1343 on Win 10
    Squeeze Player 1.3.21 on S7/Android 8.0.0

Controller:
    Android Phone - Squeezer 2.2.4/ Material Skin 2.3.5

Getting there ....

Brill - thanks Ralphy, now the digital clock works. The others don't though. I can live with that, but i would really like the dot matrix or analog clocks ! Am I right in thinking this may be due to some tests in the script which i have missed to add the Wav35skin into ?
    also - can you tell me where the debug logs turn up please as i cant see them in /var/log !

By the way thanks to you and all the guys working on this for many years - i first installed pcp about 6 years ago and it was great then - but now it is stand out amazing - in fact better than the original :-) !

- Charlie

IPV6 problem?

Hi, i have some problem running LCDApi on piCorePlayer 7.0. It throws an EAFNOSUPPORT error, so i tried to investigate futher and found that it looks like ipv6 is not enabled.
    My ifconfig shows only ipv4 address, while my previous piCorePlayer 6.0.0 version showed both ipv4 and ipv6 address.
    So i tryed to load ipv6 module:
    tc@piCorePlayer:~$ sudo modprobe ipv6
    modprobe: FATAL: Module ipv6 not found in directory /lib/modules/5.4.83-pcpCore-v7l
    while in picoreplayer 6.0.0 module ipv6 is loaded ok.

sudo find / -name "ipv6" return nothing.

in the extensions section of setting, it looks like ipv6-5.4.83-pcpCore-v7l-pcpCore_v8.tcz is installed, but i can't find it in optional:
    tc@piCorePlayer:~$ sudo find / -name "ipv6-5.4.83-pcpCore-v7l-pcpCore_v8.tcz" found nothing.

what's wrong?
    Thank you
    Emanuele

Using DSDPlayer on PCP 7 rpi4

I have Touch with EDO installed. My dac is SMSL Sanskrit mkII and the USB digital interface uses the advanced XMOS asynchronous processing module.It supports both native DSD and Dop, Supporting up to 32Bit/768kHz and DSD256 decoding.

EDO on the Touch doesn't support DSD natively to the Sanskrit. However my current lms instance is on my pc, and I didn't have DSF file native checked when I installed it. I have now installed the dsd plugin and can see the dsdplay option on dsf file format. I plan to reinstall edo just in case that would allow dsd now.

I have been trying to decide whether to rip my SACD discs, so first l need to confirm if i can play dsf natively

If I install dsdplayer on PCP 7 can I connect RPI 4 to the Sanskrit dac via USB for native playback?

Has anyone set up the Touch EDO to play dsf files with Sanskrit?
    Edit - I have set up DSD DOP on the Touch for DSD64 files and it sounds great on the PC, now just considering moving to the RPI4
    Last edited by Patricia P; 2021-04-23 at 02:27.