Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 26 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    I'd like to do a fresh install of pCP7 on my RPi4 4GB server. I have a spare RPi4 1GB, and I'm planning to do the 64-bit install/setup on that one, then transfer the SD card over to the 4GB. This will allow me to compare setups (plugin lists and configurations, personal script files etc) while both are running.

My question: does it matter that the setup for the 4GB will be done on a 1GB RPi? Will the hardware differences cause pCP to configure itself differently?

WMA Lossless File Playback

Quote Originally Posted by coyrls View Post
    It might also be worth mentioning in the release notes that in addition to activating the "Play Windows Media" plugin, you also need to install the piCorePlayer extension pcp-ffmpeg.tcz.
    Thank you for this tip! Yes, the extension install does need to be added to the instructions with the WMA plugin instruction. I'm two days into my Pi+Digione install so I am very NOOB. Took me all day of frustration, installing and uninstalling to figure out why WMA files were not playing but the albums and songs were showing up in the cue. I loaded some FLAC files and they worked so that took me to the WMA not decoding issue. After installing the plugin I thought the plugin didn't work. I even blamed Material Skin for causing an issue. I deleted the LMS cache to get back to default view and that really messed up the user interface once I reconfigured and deleted the browser cache. Then I stumbled upon your post and installed the extension per your suggestion. I had to figure out how and where to install the extension. I almost gave up, but this worked at last.

Thanks for this tip!

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    I'd like to do a fresh install of pCP7 on my RPi4 4GB server. I have a spare RPi4 1GB, and I'm planning to do the 64-bit install/setup on that one, then transfer the SD card over to the 4GB. This will allow me to compare setups (plugin lists and configurations, personal script files etc) while both are running.

My question: does it matter that the setup for the 4GB will be done on a 1GB RPi? Will the hardware differences cause pCP to configure itself differently?
    As long as both boards are Pi4, then itís fine. Itís when the boards are different that issues can occur when swapping cards.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by P Nelson View Post

Could the movement of the LMS cache to the hard drive prevent the drive from going to sleep? The PiCore LMS page has an option to move just the data files to the hard drive, as opposed to both the cache and data files. A test would be to move the cache back to the SD card, but I am not sure how to do that. I see there is a Remove Cache (Remove LMS Cache and Preferences from pCP) button. Would that work, or would I have to remove LMS and reinstall?

Or is there some other solution that the smart people on this forum already figured out?

Thank you.

Paul
    Hi Paul,
    I don't have a direct answer to your question either, one of the devs would have to tell you what LMS is doing when not streaming. But, I also have a pi3b+ with a USB HDD, LMS data moved to HDD, and had allot of issues recovering from frequent power failures. The pCP just lost the HDD mount on recovery, so I had to go in and remount. There are those that don't want to keep the data on the SD for fear of corruption, but others that say that is how they have run for years. I finally followed some advice from @Paul- to create a third partition on the SD for the LMS data, the thought being that if corruption occurs during LMS access, the pCP should still boot to fix. I also keep a copy of my LMS data (excluding cache) on my windows PC via samba. For me this makse sense and I don't feel there is a need for this to be on a mechanical drive.

I have never really paid much attention to what my drive is doing (server is tucked away) but I assume that the only time it is being accessed is when I am streaming from my library. Since I listen to alot of internet radio and podcasts, I assume my HDD is not spinning (but could be wrong)

I have not upgraded to 7 yet, still on 6.1, but regarding moving LMS data, in 6, there are radio buttons for your mounted drives, just tick the one you want to move to, and select Move LMS Data. The "more" on this selection indicates that it is cache, prefs, database. Unless of course this has changed for 7

Quote Originally Posted by psketch View Post
    Hi Paul

I wondered if the spin down is actually causing problems? I have mine deliberately set to spin down - to save power. I find it just spins up when I access it. The only thing I needed to change was to set the wait time in PCP to 10 seconds or so, so that pcp will mount the drive OK when I boot it - there's an option under Extras to do that.

pete S
    Interesting Pete, I never knew this. I went to Extras and did not see that option. perhaps it's new to 7?

Jim

Itís on the boot codes page, just add time to the waitusb value. As the drive often needs to be spun up before it will show itself to the kernel.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Itís on the boot codes page, just add time to the waitusb value. As the drive often needs to be spun up before it will show itself to the kernel.
    Yep - exactly what I found. If the drive isn't spun up, the kernel won't recognise it, so the mount fails. So, adding 10 seconds to waitusb means it spins up and mounts. Once it's mounted, it spins down when not in use, then when it's accessed to play something from the library, it quite happily spins up and plays. As others have said, so much of my playback is online now (was tidal but switching to qobuz to avoid MQA) that I don't want the drive spinning all day when it's only used occasionally.

Hello everyone, and have a great new year.

I was running picoreplayer V6 on rasptouch from audiophonics (RPI3B+) and all was fine (except cratch in pause mode and betwenn two
    tracks)
    I upgraded to V7, and i have a new issue: i can't install shutdown monitor, i have this error message:
    " Installing Shutdown Monitor There was a error downloading shutdown-monitor.tcz. Retrying extension shutdown-monitor.tcz...in 5 seconds. There was a error downloading shutdown-monitor.tcz. Retrying extension shutdown-monitor.tcz...in 5 seconds. There was a error downloading shutdown-monitor.tcz. Max retries reached.
    [ INFO ] Backing up files to /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/mydata.tgz / Done.
    [ OK ] Backup successful."

Hope someone can help me.

Have a good day
    Last edited by NormAudio; 2021-01-03 at 10:02.

What version did you install? If you are running 32bit, everything looks ok on the repo. If 64bit, I need to create the package....will get that later today.

Hi Paul,
    thanks for quick reply.
    Yes i,m running 64bit versioniCorePlayer | piCorePlayer v7.0.0 | www v00012 | linux 5.4.83-pcpCore-v8 | piCore v12.0pCP | Squeezelite v1.9.8-1287-pCP.
    Don't be in a hurry, I can wait a bit ...

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Looks like You have a network problem. For some reason you cannot see our repo.

pCP-bt6 are Bluetooth extensions. At some point you installed it.
    Rather odd as I upgraded my other two PCPs without issue, although I did see at one point under the Extensions page that although Internet/DNS and all the repos were accessible, when I went onto the Available tab, a repo was listed as Inaccessible, though I think it changed to accessible after I used the drop down selector.

In any case I used the Update buttons on BT and LMS (update libs) and a long list of extensions were updated so hopefully that is all of them done. Or is there an update all installed extensions command?

The only other thing I noted was that the PCP UI times out on all my PCPs after a reboot - I think 40sec might just be a little too short.