Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    382

    Stream to Windows 10 renderer from LMS on Linux?

    I'd like to render LMS mp3 streams to my Windows 10 desktop (from my Linux-based LMS server). I've tried Squeezelite but it prematurely skips to the next track all the time, and I gave up trying to fix it.

    I've just read that it is possible to stream from LMS to a web browser using a local URL - e.g. http://192.168.1.*1:9000/stream.mp3

    I've just tried this and there seems to be a very long lag (maybe 1 minute?) between requesting playback on the LMS web GUI and playback on the browser. I also can't get skip/pause controls to work that way either.

    Can anyone recommend a good way of streaming to a Windows 10 renderer in a way which can be controlled fully from the LMS web GUI?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK/London
    Posts
    3,987
    Squeezelite really should work.
    What was the version number of the most recent that you tried?
    Could you try via Squeezelite-X (it is still Squeezelite underneath but is a modern one) - available from Windows Store.

    Otherwise you could try SqueezePlay
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ad-Squeezeplay
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by itm View Post
    I'd like to render LMS mp3 streams to my Windows 10 desktop (from my Linux-based LMS server). I've tried Squeezelite but it prematurely skips to the next track all the time, and I gave up trying to fix it.
    I agree with Paul that Squeezelite should work without skipping. What version of LMS are you using on your Linux server? I recommend to use the latest 8.1 nightly build which is at this moment in time 8.1.2, which can be downloaded from http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=8.1. Also are you using the latest version of squeezelite for Windows? Latest version can be downloaded from https://sourceforge.net/projects/lms...zelite/windows.
    | LMS 8.1.2 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 6.1.0 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP |

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    382
    Thanks for your replies. I'm running LMS v7.9.2. I think I chose to stick with that release because it's been stable for me, and I had problems with a later release that I tried (I can't remember which release that was).

    Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post
    I agree with Paul that Squeezelite should work without skipping. What version of LMS are you using on your Linux server? I recommend to use the latest 8.1 nightly build which is at this moment in time 8.1.2, which can be downloaded from http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=8.1. Also are you using the latest version of squeezelite for Windows? Latest version can be downloaded from https://sourceforge.net/projects/lms...zelite/windows.
    I just downloaded the latest version from that link:
    /squeezelite/windows/squeezelite-1.9.8-1324-test1-win64.zip

    When I unzipped and tried to run it I got this (and the it never completed startup):
    Code:
    Failed to create filter for \\?\hdaudio#func_01&ven_10ec&dev_0892&subsys_1458a182&rev_1003#5&5e7edb7&0&0001#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\rtlineinwave
    Failed to create filter for \\?\hdaudio#func_01&ven_10ec&dev_0892&subsys_1458a182&rev_1003#5&5e7edb7&0&0001#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\rtstereomixwave
    Failed to create filter for \\?\hdaudio#func_01&ven_10ec&dev_0892&subsys_1458a182&rev_1003#5&5e7edb7&0&0001#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\rtmicinwave
    Failed to create filter for \\?\root#*loopbemidi1#0000#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\midi
    Failed to create filter for \\?\hdaudio#func_01&ven_10de&dev_0099&subsys_19da5527&rev_1001#5&2afe2352&0&0001#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\wave0a
    Failed to create filter for \\?\root#media#0000#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\tevmidi0
    Failed to create filter for \\?\hdaudio#func_01&ven_10ec&dev_0892&subsys_1458a182&rev_1003#5&5e7edb7&0&0001#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\secondarylineoutwave
    Failed to create filter for \\?\hdaudio#func_01&ven_10ec&dev_0892&subsys_1458a182&rev_1003#5&5e7edb7&0&0001#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\rearlineoutwave3
    Failed to create filter for \\?\hdaudio#func_01&ven_10ec&dev_0892&subsys_1458a182&rev_1003#5&5e7edb7&0&0001#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\rtspdifwave
    Failed to create filter for \\?\root#*loopbemidi1#0000#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\midi
    Failed to create filter for \\?\hdaudio#func_01&ven_10de&dev_0099&subsys_19da5527&rev_1001#5&2afe2352&0&0001#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\wave0a
    Failed to create filter for \\?\root#media#0000#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\tevmidi0
    Error: CKsEnumFilters::EnumFilters failed.  hr = 0x80004005
    Edit: Also just tried squeezelite-1.9.8-1323-win64.zip but got exactly the same problem
    Last edited by itm; 2021-01-15 at 06:23.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    5,722
    stream.mp3 via a browser works but is very limited

    as others have said Squeezelite should work. Try the Squeezelite-X version from Windows store.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    382
    So I just tried Squeezelite-X for the first time in a while and, after triggering alot of "Illegal memory access" type errors the first time I ran it, seems to be working OK now. Those errors didn't occur when I ran it subsequent times. Maybe the A/V software was trying to scan it at the time??

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by itm View Post
    Thanks for your replies. I'm running LMS v7.9.2. I think I chose to stick with that release because it's been stable for me, and I had problems with a later release that I tried (I can't remember which release that was).

    I just downloaded the latest version from that link:
    /squeezelite/windows/squeezelite-1.9.8-1324-test1-win64.zip

    When I unzipped and tried to run it I got this (and the it never completed startup):
    Code:
    Failed to create filter for \\?\hdaudio#func_01&ven_10ec&dev_0892&subsys_1458a182&rev_1003#5&5e7edb7&0&0001#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\rtlineinwave
    Failed to create filter for \\?\hdaudio#func_01&ven_10ec&dev_0892&subsys_1458a182&rev_1003#5&5e7edb7&0&0001#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\rtstereomixwave
    Failed to create filter for \\?\hdaudio#func_01&ven_10ec&dev_0892&subsys_1458a182&rev_1003#5&5e7edb7&0&0001#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\rtmicinwave
    Failed to create filter for \\?\root#*loopbemidi1#0000#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\midi
    Failed to create filter for \\?\hdaudio#func_01&ven_10de&dev_0099&subsys_19da5527&rev_1001#5&2afe2352&0&0001#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\wave0a
    Failed to create filter for \\?\root#media#0000#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\tevmidi0
    Failed to create filter for \\?\hdaudio#func_01&ven_10ec&dev_0892&subsys_1458a182&rev_1003#5&5e7edb7&0&0001#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\secondarylineoutwave
    Failed to create filter for \\?\hdaudio#func_01&ven_10ec&dev_0892&subsys_1458a182&rev_1003#5&5e7edb7&0&0001#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\rearlineoutwave3
    Failed to create filter for \\?\hdaudio#func_01&ven_10ec&dev_0892&subsys_1458a182&rev_1003#5&5e7edb7&0&0001#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\rtspdifwave
    Failed to create filter for \\?\root#*loopbemidi1#0000#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\midi
    Failed to create filter for \\?\hdaudio#func_01&ven_10de&dev_0099&subsys_19da5527&rev_1001#5&2afe2352&0&0001#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\wave0a
    Failed to create filter for \\?\root#media#0000#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\tevmidi0
    Error: CKsEnumFilters::EnumFilters failed.  hr = 0x80004005
    Edit: Also just tried squeezelite-1.9.8-1323-win64.zip but got exactly the same problem
    For what it is worth, I experience no problems with the combination of LMS 8.1.1 released (or LMS 8.1.2 nightly) on Lubuntu with squeezelite-1.9.8-1323-win64 running on Windows 10.
    I assume that you are still running LMS 7.9.2? The error messages that you show, are these generated by squeezelite in its command line window? When I start squeezelite on Windows 10 by double clicking the executable, I don't get any error messages.

    As long as you only want to play local audio files it is probably OK to stick with LMS 7.9.2. But when you want to play audio from Online Music services like TIDAL or play https internet radio streams, you will need to update to LMS 8.1.1.
    | LMS 8.1.2 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 6.1.0 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP |

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post
    For what it is worth, I experience no problems with the combination of LMS 8.1.1 released (or LMS 8.1.2 nightly) on Lubuntu with squeezelite-1.9.8-1323-win64 running on Windows 10.
    I assume that you are still running LMS 7.9.2? The error messages that you show, are these generated by squeezelite in its command line window? When I start squeezelite on Windows 10 by double clicking the executable, I don't get any error messages.

    As long as you only want to play local audio files it is probably OK to stick with LMS 7.9.2. But when you want to play audio from Online Music services like TIDAL or play https internet radio streams, you will need to update to LMS 8.1.1.
    Yes I'm running LMS 7.9.2. on Lubuntu. I don't want to play music from online sources, so I guess 7.9.2. is all that I need.
    The latest version of Squeezelite-X seems to be working OK so far, so fingers crossed....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •