Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Touch - Two IP Addresses

Hi there.

Having a bit of trouble at a new acreage with wireless access to touch and iphone/ipeng - more an intermittent legnthy delay, with ipeng at times reverting back to initial 'start' screen of program and 'updating cache' despite good wireless strength in that room . . . . this with LAN router. But during my initial viewing of router log, I see oddly enough 'two' IP addresses listed as 'connected' for the Touch. One I recognize as the static IP I assigned years back. The second is a DHCP assigned address that damned if I can recall when/where/what . . . you get the picture.

Perhaps simply haven't paid attention over the years (but I think this would have caught my eye at some point), but is there something normal going on with this?

Thank in advance.

have you had it connected with both WIFI and ethernet over the years? (Not sure, but I *think* that there is a different IP address assigned for these two different connections.)

edit: and when you go into LMS webGUI > Settings > Information tab, and scroll down to see players listed, what IP address does it show for the touch there?
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0/4TB>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

As well as setting up static IP on the player itself, could you have reserved an IP address for the player in Router using player MAC address which router would then allocate using DHCP.

Pfft . . . I'm a complete idiot . . . . .

I had forgotten that when I moved into this place, I purchased a second, used Touch for a separate sunroom.

That Touch has been plugged in within that sunroom since Septembe, when I moved in and first connected it to the network, and as I see connecting with the router since then, but I've been oblivious to it and haven't bothered with that room since mid-September. No one has been in it for 3 months now.

Oh well . . . . at least its working! Jesus . . . .

Sorry for the bother. What a time. With a more recent diagnosis of hearing loss in my ears and need for hearing aids, many needs haven't had the attention that they need of late.

Quote Originally Posted by terra3 View Post
    Pfft . . . I'm a complete idiot . . . . .

I had forgotten that when I moved into this place, I purchased a second, used Touch for a separate sunroom.

That Touch has been plugged in within that sunroom since Septembe, when I moved in and first connected it to the network, and as I see connecting with the router since then, but I've been oblivious to it and haven't bothered with that room since mid-September. No one has been in it for 3 months now.

Oh well . . . . at least its working! Jesus . . . .

Sorry for the bother. What a time. With a more recent diagnosis of hearing loss in my ears and need for hearing aids, many needs haven't had the attention that they need of late.
    No problem. Good that it was something easy!!!
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0/4TB>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify