Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by navlefnuller View Post
    Great. At lot of people with the Touch working says that you need to play from Deezer in a certain way, what exactly is meant by that? I choose Deezer from the menu, use search to find an album and then play it. Is there another way to do this? Are you running the 7.8 firmware on the Touch itself? Could it be my Synology box? It runs the PPC version of LMS, perhaps it isn't supported in that build? I play flacs just fine from my local library on the Synology. Just not from Deezer hifi :-(
    I run LMS on a raspberry pi4b

Player Model: Squeezebox Touch
    Player Type: fab4
    Firmware: 7.8.0-r16754
    http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nig...ex.php?ver=8.1

Name:  Deezer 2.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  42.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Thanks, I am starting to lean towards, it must be my PPC Synology box that somehow doesn’t quite cut it even though LMS 8.1.1 installed fine on it, and it otherwise plays flacs with no issues.
    LMS 8.1.1 on Synology 213+ NAS. 3 x Squeezebox Touch with external Rega DAC.

Any change Tough can have support for the C-3PO plug?

My understanding LMS sends SR-information from the original media, not the end result after trancoding which makes the Touch fail if original sample rate is altered?

need help with my touch

I've a weird problem with on of my touch players. It login to my server remotely, the server sees the player but the player doesn't recognized it has been logged in. Server is 8.2 and touch firmware is 7 something. Now I've downloaded the latest community firmware for touch from ralphy, fab4_8.0.1_r16852.zip and I can login to touch through ssh and winscp but I can not find any information where I should place the firmware for manual upgrade, I've been searching now for a quite a long time. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: I've solved uppgrade by using sd card method described for controller but the touch still doesn't recognized it has logged in to my server :-(
    Last edited by funio; 2021-04-24 at 02:07. Reason: new info

8.0.1 r16844 / 8.0.1 r16852 firmware for Squeezebox Touch

Hi everybody,

I am using the 8.0.1 r16844 on several Squeezebox Touch and one Squeezebox Radio and have no problems with it.
    The biggest advantage of the community firmware is for me that the Squeezebox is now able to play several non-standard
    mp3-files without any problems while those mp3-files caused error messages with the latest Logitech firmware. This is
    a great advantage - thank you very, very much, Ralphy, for your effort.

I have seen that there is a firmware 8.0.1 r16852 for Squeezebox Touch at
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/lms...les/squeezeos/
    but when I try to update my Squeezeboxes with the standard update process (not manually via ssh) I can only get the
    8.0.1 r16844 firmware that I already have. I have installed and activated the community firmware plugin in LMS and use
    the latest nightly build of LMS 8.20. Is the 8.0.1 r16852 firmware for the Squeezebox Touch still highly beta and therefore
    not officially published yet ? Is this the reason why LMS is not able to load it and to transfer it to my Squeezeboxes when
    I start the update process on my Squeezeboxes ?

Best regards

Carsten

New firmware 8.0.1-r16855 installed today on all Touch and Radio. Has the issue with Radio dropping wifi been addressed? Thanks.

EDIT: Interestingly, it appears that "wlanpoke" remains installed after a firmware upgrade. I didn't expect that, but good I think.
    Last edited by Apesbrain; 2021-05-01 at 04:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Apesbrain View Post
    New firmware 8.0.1-r16855 installed today on all Touch and Radio. Has the issue with Radio dropping wifi been addressed? Thanks.
    No.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Looking for the update on Sourceforge

Sorry to be a pain but when I follow the https://sourceforge.net/projects/lms...les/squeezeos/ hyperlink to download the update for squeezebox radios to put on an SD but I can't see the 8.0.1_r16844 (or newer) updates for jive or baby there. I last downloaded Jive and fab4 in March but not baby, Many thanks, Nigel

Currently the hyperlink lists:
    ldd-2.11.1.tar.gz
    fab4-openvpn-2.4.10.zip
    qemu-kernel-2.6.39.4-4-versatile.tar.gz
    baby-squeezelite-1.9.9.1372.tar.gz
    fab4-squeezelite-1.9.9.1372.tar.gz
    fab4-openvpn-2.4.10.tar.gz
    lsof-4.94.tar.gz
    README.txt
    20200213-updated-utilities-i386.tar.gzldd-2.11.1.tar.gz
    fab4-openvpn-2.4.10.zip
    lsof-4.94.tar.gz

Quote Originally Posted by NigelDavvenport View Post
    Sorry to be a pain but when I follow the https://sourceforge.net/projects/lms...les/squeezeos/ hyperlink to download the update for squeezebox radios to put on an SD but I can't see the 8.0.1_r16844 (or newer) updates for jive or baby there. I last downloaded Jive and fab4 in March but not baby, Many thanks, Nigel

Currently the hyperlink lists:
    ldd-2.11.1.tar.gz
    fab4-openvpn-2.4.10.zip
    lsof-4.94.tar.gz
    README.txt
    20200213-updated-utilities-i386.tar.gzldd-2.11.1.tar.gz
    fab4-openvpn-2.4.10.zip
    lsof-4.94.tar.gz
    The update process is much easier with the new "Community firmware for Touch/Radio/Controller" - plugin from Michael Herger, current version is v0.0.2. Install that plugin in your LMS and activate it. Then start the standard update process on your squeezebox and it will update automatically. So you don't have to download the files and put them on an SD-card.

Have a nice day

Carsten

LMS 8.20 (WIN), 5 x SB Touch, 1 x SB Radio, 1 x SB Controller, 1 x DAC32

Cards seem to be only way....

Quote Originally Posted by CarstenB View Post
    The update process is much easier with the new "Community firmware for Touch/Radio/Controller" - plugin from Michael Herger, current version is v0.0.2. Install that plugin in your LMS and activate it. Then start the standard update process on your squeezebox and it will update automatically. So you don't have to download the files and put them on an SD-card.

Have a nice day

Carsten
    Hi Carsten, I have installed the plugin on the LMS and activated it back in March but the LMS on the Netgear NAS doesn't seem to like the "plug in", I am on 8.2. everything works great but if I go to software updates on any device it wants me to update back to 7.8 if I don't plug in a card. The squeezebox radios were at a different location during lockdown and I didn't download the baby software in March.

On the this chat/thread a few users physically loaded the update via card due to the same issue. Does anybody know if I can still physically update download the updates to SD Card? Basically I the plug in doesn't seem to work for me.

Many thanks,

Nigel