Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Since I followed your instruction to enable the blue icon every time there has been a short disconnection the icon has been red so it probably isn't critical to have. Did blue mean connected to WiFi/network but not connected to LMS?
    Correct. I just had to turn off LMS to check that ! The blue icon looks rather clearer than I remembered...

Quote Originally Posted by mrw View Post
    Correct. I just had to turn off LMS to check that ! The blue icon looks rather clearer than I remembered...
    I still think it would be a useful addition to the new firmware.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Followed all ralphy's instructions, reset one of my Touch's to factory settings, was offered an update to 8.0.1 r16817 on the device, but I'm seeing the message below.

Thanks.

Attachment 32614
    Same problem for me, Ubuntu 20.04 and Squeezebox Radio.

When I installed manually 7.8 I had this issue. I had to change the update files names and ownership to make it work. Maybe it's something similar?

Followed all ralphy's instructions, reset one of my Touch's to factory settings, was offered an update to 8.0.1 r16817 on the device, but I'm seeing the message below.

Thanks.

]
    Me too. Trying to update a Squeezebox Radio and running LMS on PiCore player.

Just posting that it doesn't work for you helps no one.

Those having issues, please set the Player.Firmware logging level to Debug in LMS and wait until the server attempts to download the firmware again.

Then go to the Settings->Information Tab in LMS and at the bottom click the Zip Archive at the end of the Logitech Media Server Log File line and attach the zipfile to a post.

I've found this error happens when the checksum doesn't match after downloading the firmware file and corrects itself after the next attempt.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by mrw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I still think it would be a useful addition to the new firmware.

We can certainly apply that change for the next release. Where was this discussed?

We should start getting into the habit of creating issues on github, either in the SqueezeOS-SqueezePlay Issues or SqueezeOS Issues section.

I'm not prepared to rebuild the firmware, for every cosmetic change request. For now, I will wait until either a significant issue is identified, or until there are a several outstanding changes waiting.
    Ralphy

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Just posting that it doesn't work for you helps no one.

Those having issues, please set the Player.Firmware logging level to Debug in LMS and wait until the server attempts to download the firmware again.

Then go to the Settings->Information Tab in LMS and at the bottom click the Zip Archive at the end of the Logitech Media Server Log File line and attach the zipfile to a post.

I've found this error happens when the checksum doesn't match after downloading the firmware file and corrects itself after the next attempt.
    Well how would a non geek know what to do if things didn't go as per you instructions?

Maybe you should append your instruction post with a "What to do if things don't go according to plan" section?

I'll leave this for the geeks.

Thanks.
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 7.0.1/pi screen/Hifiberry DAC HAT Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Garage - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
    Dining Room - Pi3B/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Well how would a non geek know what to do if things didn't go as per you instructions?

Maybe you should append your instruction post with a "What to do if things don't go according to plan" section?

I'll leave this for the geeks.

Thanks.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I've updated the initial post.

My comment was not directed at any one member, just a general observation, that happens in the forums here all too often.
    Ralphy

[Announce] Community Firmware forSqueezebox Radio/Touch/Controller and LMS 8

> Me too. Trying to update a Squeezebox Radio and running LMS on PiCore
    > player.

Is everybody having these problems running LMS on pCP?

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    We can certainly apply that change for the next release. Where was this discussed?

We should start getting into the habit of creating issues on github, either in the SqueezeOS-SqueezePlay Issues or SqueezeOS Issues section.

I'm not prepared to rebuild the firmware, for every cosmetic change request. For now, I will wait until either a significant issue is identified, or until there are a several outstanding changes waiting.
    It was discussed here
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=993485