Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 54553545556 LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 555
  1. #541
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Michael added a change to LMS to allow Radios with old firmware to connect. I don't know if a warning about the firmware still appears somewhere.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    OK, I took the plunge. Exciting!

    Interestingly, I still get the following on the Information tab in LMS, but the firmware is definitely updated. No matter.
    Code:
    You seem to be using a Squeezebox with an outdated firmware, not recognizing this version of Logitech Media Server. Please consider using the Community Firmware plugin, or patching the device's firmware (get more information).
    Last edited by beneix; 2022-01-11 at 02:10.
    RPi 3B+ with HiFiBerry DAC+ADC running piCorePlayer v8.1.0 ľ LMS 8.2.0
    Music library on NAS via network mount
    SB3 firmware 137
    SB Radio Community firmware 8.0.1-r16867
    RPi 3B with PiCorePlayer 8.1.0
    SqueezeLite-X

  2. #542
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    8,886
    Quote Originally Posted by beneix View Post
    OK, I took the plunge. Exciting!

    Interestingly, I still get the following on the Information tab in LMS, but the firmware is definitely updated. No matter.
    Code:
    You seem to be using a Squeezebox with an outdated firmware, not recognizing this version of Logitech Media Server. Please consider using the Community Firmware plugin, or patching the device's firmware (get more information).
    If you restart LMS that warning should disappear.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  3. #543
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    If you restart LMS that warning should disappear.
    Nope. Perhaps it's a PCP idiosyncrasy. The warning has been there for years, even after applying the old Version Comparison Fix patch. Anyhoo, I shall focus not on that but on enjoying the superior AAC sound !
    RPi 3B+ with HiFiBerry DAC+ADC running piCorePlayer v8.1.0 ľ LMS 8.2.0
    Music library on NAS via network mount
    SB3 firmware 137
    SB Radio Community firmware 8.0.1-r16867
    RPi 3B with PiCorePlayer 8.1.0
    SqueezeLite-X

  4. #544
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    15
    Dear all,

    I would like to come back to my thread.

    I am running LMS 8.2 on a PiCorePlayer. I updated my four radios to Firmware 8.0.1-r16867. I have a similar problem as descibed before. My WiFi turns off during the night and turns on in the early morning again. Two of my radios do not reconnect to the WiFi automatically. I have to search my network, select it and reconnect. This works fine, but the two other radios and the Touch do not have this issue. Is there a way to fix this? If not, I will leave my WiFi running during the nighttime.

    As noticed before, just two of four radios seem to be affected. And it just happens if WiFi was turned off during the night. The third one did loose connection today and showed the blue WiFi icon while it was not connedted. Here a restart was necessary.

    Everything else works fine. Thanks for developing the Community Firmware but there seems to be a WiFi bug. I will leave the WiFi online through this night and watch the situation tomorrow.

    Paytheprice

  5. #545
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    946
    Quote Originally Posted by Paytheprice View Post
    As noticed before, just two of four radios seem to be affected. And it just happens if WiFi was turned off during the night. The third one did loose connection today and showed the blue WiFi icon while it was not connedted. Here a restart was necessary.
    If you were to restart all your Radios, would you get the problem "straight away" ? Or is it something that emerges after a few days, or perhaps a couple of weeks ?

  6. #546
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    15
    It seems to be an issue with the update. I got a new radio with the update installed. It had the problem from the beginning. After updating the other three radios to the community firmware, there is only one Radio left without the issue. It is the only one with an alarm activated. It seems not like a problem that will disappear. First thing in the bathroom in the morning is reconnecting the radio. This works simply by choosing the right network. It is not necessary to restart the device. The WiFi symbol is always red. One radio has a blue WiFi symbol after turning it on in the morning. Here the software does not work properly and a reboot is necessary. After the reboot the device finds the network at once and without reconnection.

    My SB Touch with Comuntity firmware works without any such issues.

  7. #547
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    United States, Florida
    Posts
    12,674
    I can't be of any help here, but just reporting that I'm running community firmware on everything, and I have only one RADIO WIFI connected RADIO, and it does not exhibit this problem. This RADIO is at a weekend place, and the internet is OFF when not there. But the RADIO always automatically reconnects when we turn on the modem/router.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

  8. #548
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    15
    I have turned on an alarm clock on an other Radio now. I will see, if there is an connection to the WiFi on the device tomorrow. Nevertheless I do not know where to begin the search. It might be a problem with my Unif APs, too.


    But I did not have the issue with the firmware 7.7.3.

  9. #549
    I have a problem with lost wifi connection after upgrading this firmware. The current fix right now for me is to unplug my squeezebox radio and plug back. have you had any similar problem?

  10. #550
    Quote Originally Posted by Paytheprice View Post
    It seems to be an issue with the update. I got a new radio with the update installed. It had the problem from the beginning. After updating the other three radios to the community firmware, there is only one Radio left without the issue. It is the only one with an alarm activated. It seems not like a problem that will disappear. First thing in the bathroom in the morning is reconnecting the radio. This works simply by choosing the right network. It is not necessary to restart the device. The WiFi symbol is always red. One radio has a blue WiFi symbol after turning it on in the morning. Here the software does not work properly and a reboot is necessary. After the reboot the device finds the network at once and without reconnection.

    My SB Touch with Comuntity firmware works without any such issues.
    I'm having similar problem with the Radio, the Touch works fine

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •