Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
    Thanks! Once i restored the old logitech firmware napster plays again!
    Logitech Media Server Version in Max2Play 7.9 (Raspberry 3B, 4 x Squeezebox Radio, 1 x Squeezebox Boom, 2 x Squeezebox Duet, iPeng (iOS), Squeeze Play (Android). Amazon Echo, 3 x Echo Dot (sadly not connected to LMS).

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    That isn't actually an issue. The check box in Advanced settings is there in case you want to revert to the official firmware without uninstalling the plug in.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    I went back to post 1 instructions. It does say to go to the advanced tab. I missed that subtle point. I assumed the plug when installed was always active as opposed to a on/off option.

From the instructions:
    "It's available in the 3rd Party Plugin section of the LMS Settings->Plugins tab. After installaton and an LMS restart, navigate to Settings->Advanced->Community Firmware for Touch/Radio/Controller and click the checkbox to enable the redirection."

Quote Originally Posted by P Nelson View Post
    I went back to post 1 instructions. It does say to go to the advanced tab. I missed that subtle point. I assumed the plug when installed was always active as opposed to a on/off option.

From the instructions:
    "It's available in the 3rd Party Plugin section of the LMS Settings->Plugins tab. After installaton and an LMS restart, navigate to Settings->Advanced->Community Firmware for Touch/Radio/Controller and click the checkbox to enable the redirection."
    You aren't the only one, it is easy to miss and a lot of users have missed it . I think it is probably because the setting is only under Advanced settings and not plug-in settings.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I've added the link to settings in the LMS active plugins tab for release 0.0.7 of the CF plugin.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I've added the link to settings in the LMS active plugins tab for release 0.0.7 of the CF plugin.
    With apologies for being somewhat dim, but would it be possible for the LMS plugin (which has its own completely independent version number) to display the latest firmware number? When the plugin got updated I expected new firmware, but I now understand that there's no reason to suppose that there is.
    LMS 8.1 on PC, Xubuntu 20.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touches & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 20.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android mobile with Squeeze-Ctrl/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Any chance the community firmware will be changed so that napster streaming works again?
    Logitech Media Server Version in Max2Play 7.9 (Raspberry 3B, 4 x Squeezebox Radio, 1 x Squeezebox Boom, 2 x Squeezebox Duet, iPeng (iOS), Squeeze Play (Android). Amazon Echo, 3 x Echo Dot (sadly not connected to LMS).

Quote Originally Posted by PasTim View Post
    With apologies for being somewhat dim, but would it be possible for the LMS plugin (which has its own completely independent version number) to display the latest firmware number? When the plugin got updated I expected new firmware, but I now understand that there's no reason to suppose that there is.
    You can check the current firmware version(s) that are available using the link to the changelog behind the fixes several issues and removes obsolete features text in the plugin description.

Also, the firmware versions available for each player type may not be the same release level.
    Ralphy

Quote Originally Posted by justwords View Post
    Any chance the community firmware will be changed so that napster streaming works again?
    I believe that Napster is now Rhapsody and should work using LMS 8.2.

It might help if you provided the LMS version and log file with player.source set to info as well as the /var/log/messages file from the radio after a playback failure.
    Last edited by ralphy; 2021-08-06 at 05:08.
    Ralphy

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    You can check the current firmware version(s) that are available using the link to the changelog behind the fixes several issues and removes obsolete features text in the plugin description.

Also, the firmware versions available for each player type may not be the same release level.
    Thanks.
    LMS 8.1 on PC, Xubuntu 20.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touches & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 20.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android mobile with Squeeze-Ctrl/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Firmware also for Classic devices and WPA3 support?

Hi All,

3 questions come to mind for this interesting firmware effort:

• Would this firmware, or another build, be applicable for the Classic devices? Would be nice to have all devices on the same revision.

• Would this firmware open up WPA3 support on these devices?

• Would this firmware open up IPv6 support on these devices?

Best regards,

Ron