Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 74755565758 LastLast
    While this firmware has largely eliminated the annoying problem, I did have an occurrence of sudden loss of bass the other day while listening to a radio program.

Resolved, as usual, by playing an mp3 file in my library, after which all radio content was fine again.

So there's a fault still raising its head very rarely. Largely, thankfully, no longer the frequent problem it was.
    Server: piCorePlayer 8.2.0 on Pi 4B 2GB running LMS 8.2.0, with library on local 512GB USB drive
    Listening on: 2 x Squeezebox Radios 8.0.1 , and direct from the Pi using a Beringer UCA202 USB audio interface

Quote Originally Posted by AlecSp View Post
    While this firmware has largely eliminated the annoying problem, I did have an occurrence of sudden loss of bass the other day while listening to a radio program.

Resolved, as usual, by playing an mp3 file in my library, after which all radio content was fine again.

So there's a fault still raising its head very rarely. Largely, thankfully, no longer the frequent problem it was.
    Which radio station was it? Was it 48kHz sample rate?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

There was another issue identified and fixed with the Bass Drop out problem recently.

I plan to make the update available through the plugin this weekend, if no issues have been reported.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

My experience also. I’ve had the fault once, perhaps 18 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Which radio station was it? Was it 48kHz sample rate?
    It was BBC Radio 2 Live using the BBC iPlayer plug-in. 48kHz sample rate indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by mrw View Post
    My experience also. I’ve had the fault once, perhaps 18 months ago.
    And it really isn't a worry now, unlike before when it was quite frequent.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    There was another issue identified and fixed with the Bass Drop out problem recently.

I plan to make the update available through the plugin this weekend, if no issues have been reported.
    Aha! Having not followed this, is it a sample-rate related thing, and might this fix make the problem even rarer?
    Server: piCorePlayer 8.2.0 on Pi 4B 2GB running LMS 8.2.0, with library on local 512GB USB drive
    Listening on: 2 x Squeezebox Radios 8.0.1 , and direct from the Pi using a Beringer UCA202 USB audio interface

… and might this fix make the problem even rarer?
    No.

Turns out that the “Bass drop out” mitigation caused problems with 22050 Hz streams. This fix will limit the mitigation logic to 48000 Hz streams, so no change there.

True power down possible

I know that in general the Squeezebox system defines "power on/off" as software events which reverse each other, so that one can remotely turn a box of AND on again. However, a powered-off Baby does not comsume much less power so in the interest of a true power-saving it would be desirable (at least for me) to have an option to truely shutdown the machine (talk "halt" or "shutdown -t now"), preferably in combination with the power-save plugin (timer.) Would that be something the custom firmware could offer?
    LMS 8.2.1 - 1649774087 on Synology DS115 (ARM); 3 Radios

not working

i have enabled community firmware (checked and apply) restarted the lms and squeezebox radio. firmware update on the radio shows fw 7.7.3 nothing else. fw 8 will not display in update as a option.
    any clue ?

Quote Originally Posted by batsam View Post
    i have enabled community firmware (checked and apply) restarted the lms and squeezebox radio. firmware update on the radio shows fw 7.7.3 nothing else. fw 8 will not display in update as a option.
    any clue ?
    it usually takes 24 hours to show up on your radio.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by batsam View Post
    any clue ?
    Restarting the Radio might help.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk