Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 LastLast

Investigating radio rebuffering streams

I'm running after recently upgrading:

# cat /etc/version

I have this LMS version:

commit 8b4b6da43b9349b3dc5b87eb08b350a55f540e08 (origin/public/8.0, origin/HEAD, public/8.0)
    Author: Michael Herger <mherger@logitech.com>
    Date: Tue Dec 22 06:57:34 2020 +0100

Do not offer direct download of player firmware if we're dealing with an https URL. Players can't handle it.

Recently I've noticed streams from more than one internet source rebuffering frequently enough to be annoying, and I'm looking for help to investigate the cause.

I have some data from /var/log/messages, but is this the appropriate forum for this question, or would it be preferred to use a github or gitlab issue?

SB Radio FW Update?

Hi all,
    I'm running SB Media server 8.1.2 in the current Daphile RT version.
    I have just got hold of a used SB Radio to use in the office.
    I have factory reset and set it up and it seems to be working fine.
    However I am getting an error/info message in Player information
    You seem to be using a Squeezebox with an outdated firmware, not recognising this version of Logitech Media Server. Please consider using the comunity firmware plugin, or patching the devices firmware.
    It has a link to more information but the page it loads is blank.
    So, considering that it is working, sahould I update the Radios firmware?
    I guess it would be best if I do?
    If so how should I proceed?
    Use the community firmware plugin? I'm not clear how that works with Daphile?
    Or can I manually patch the firmware? If so where do I download the correct file and how do I flash it?

Many thanks.
    Clive
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.1.2-git648d7bd@Daphile 21.04-b101500-x86_64rt
    Squeezebox Touch: Firmware: 7.7.1-r9561
    Squeezeplay 7.5.3 - r0
    Sqwueezebox Radio: Firmware: 7.7.2-r9663

Touch and Controller with Fixed Volume

One item that has always bothered me, but I can understand why it is this way, is how the controller and Touch behave when the volume setting is set to Fixed. In both cases pressing either the up or down volume does nothing. This does seem logical but it presents a bit of a problem in the following scenario, and is not the way the LMS Web Interface or the various Apps work.

If using the LMS Web interface or apps such as iPeng and Squeezer, the volume commands still get to the player but it obviously does nothing with it. And when my plugin, which responds to these requests sees them, it forwards the volume changes to a remote Denon amplifier for changing the volume there.

Right now if the controller or SB Touch UI is used when set to Fixed Volume, I never get these volume requests.

Any thoughts on where I would look to change this in the FW, or if it is even advisable? It's a tiny use case as most of my users do use an app to control their LMS environment. But it is still a bit nagging to have this difference.
    Chris

Can't get the community firmware update to show up

Quote Originally Posted by cliver View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm running SB Media server 8.1.2 in the current Daphile RT version.
    I have just got hold of a used SB Radio to use in the office.
    I have factory reset and set it up and it seems to be working fine.
    However I am getting an error/info message in Player information

It has a link to more information but the page it loads is blank.
    So, considering that it is working, should I update the Radios firmware?
    I guess it would be best if I do?
    If so how should I proceed?
    Use the community firmware plugin? I'm not clear how that works with Daphile?
    Or can I manually patch the firmware? If so where do I download the correct file and how do I flash it?

Many thanks.
    Clive
    I managed to fix this. I used the Material Skin interface and the page came up with instructions on how to install the applet. I now don't get the error.
    My next issue is that I have the community firmware plugin installed but I am not getting the update on my SB Radios. If I look on the radio in Settings>Advanced>Software Update I only see the current 7.7.3 r16676 version with the option to reinstall it.
    I have the server set to Check for updates daily.
    Am I missing something?
    Is there a way I can manually install the community firmware on the radios?

I am also having trouble with wifi disconnecting constantly. Does the comunity formware fix this or will I need to install the wlanpoke fix as well?
    Last edited by cliver; 2021-07-08 at 08:42.
    Squeezeplay 7.5.3 - r0

I managed to fix this. I used the Material Skin interface and the page came up with instructions on how to install the applet. I now don't get the error.
    My next issue is that I have the community firmware plugin installed but I am not getting the update on my SB Radios. If I look on the radio in Settings>Advanced>Software Update I only see the current 7.7.3 r16676 version with the option to reinstall it.
    I have the server set to Check for updates daily.
    Am I missing something?
    Is there a way I can manually install the community firmware on the radios?

I am also having trouble with wifi disconnecting constantly. Does the comunity formware fix this or will I need to install the wlanpoke fix as well?
    I believe it can take up to 24 hours for the community firmware to show up after the plugin is activated.

If the Wifi is dropping frequently due to some mesh network interference, the Community firmware will not solve the problem. You will need the wlanpoke. Look in the Radio forum, a person just recently posted simplified instructions. Installing wlanpoke in on my to do list.

Quote Originally Posted by P Nelson View Post
    I believe it can take up to 24 hours for the community firmware to show up after the plugin is activated.

If the Wifi is dropping frequently due to some mesh network interference, the Community firmware will not solve the problem. You will need the wlanpoke. Look in the Radio forum, a person just recently posted simplified instructions. Installing wlanpoke in on my to do list.
    Many thanks. The plugin has been active for several weeks now.
    I'll look at wlanpoke once I solve the firmware update issue.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
    Squeezeplay 7.5.3 - r0

Quote Originally Posted by P Nelson View Post

It has always shown up immediately for me. Maybe restarting the devices would force it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    It has always shown up immediately for me. Maybe restarting the devices would force it.

Everything has been restarted several times.

Squeezeplay 7.5.3 - r0

You have ticked the box in the community firmware plug-in settings haven't you?

LMS > Settings > Advanced > Community firmware, have you ticked the box?

Name:  tick.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  30.4 KB

Oops . . sorry, didn't see your post @slartibartfast.
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP 8.0.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 8.0.0/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi