Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    But still, the controller was amazing compared to what was available at that time.
    Absolutely. All the right ideas & price point, I think the Eng team didn't have the embedded linux device skills during initial development & only got them onboard when it needing speeding up and being made more resilient and so release got badly delayed.
    If the controller came out on time it would have had time to establish itself before smart phones became ubiquitous.

I don't cook the stuff, I just use it :-) To me it was the perfect device and still is as a remote. It fits in your hand nicely and it's sexy. I like it better than my phone. I thought the Duet was a great device with the exception...I would have liked a better DAC in the receiver.

I think Logitech really blew it. SONOS isn't half the product, but somehow they seem to have a. market. I often thought Squeezeboxes should have come in two flavors. Locked and unlocked.

The different iterations of the pi have populated all over my house. But I still have my Logitech Transporter and the boom, which I love. And if my Radio hadn't fried, I'd still be using that.

Great work. Great product. Poor vision on Logitech.

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Absolutely. All the right ideas & price point, I think the Eng team didn't have the embedded linux device skills during initial development & only got them onboard when it needing speeding up and being made more resilient and so release got badly delayed.
    If the controller came out on time it would have had time to establish itself before smart phones became ubiquitous.