Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Dropouts - Is it BBC Sounds or Airbridge ?

First up - I do really like the Picore Player/LMS and plug-ins. Wonderful work to all those who make it happen.

Thats said I am getting a bit fed up of "dropouts" in a stream - particularly using BBC Sounds. It can also happen using Bandscampout plug in.
    Basically, at different times in a programme the audio is lost - sometimes it returns a while later - other times it needs a restart of the programme or track.
    I have the latest versions of LMS/BBC Sounds/Airbridge. I have an Airport Express that I stream to.
    I also use the Reliable plug in - to try and get a consistent stream.

Any ideas ?

Should I work out how to post a log file ? If so which log file should I look for ?

Much appreciated - Julian

Quote Originally Posted by Operajulian View Post
    First up - I do really like the Picore Player/LMS and plug-ins. Wonderful work to all those who make it happen.

Thats said I am getting a bit fed up of "dropouts" in a stream - particularly using BBC Sounds. It can also happen using Bandscampout plug in.
    Basically, at different times in a programme the audio is lost - sometimes it returns a while later - other times it needs a restart of the programme or track.
    I have the latest versions of LMS/BBC Sounds/Airbridge. I have an Airport Express that I stream to.
    I also use the Reliable plug in - to try and get a consistent stream.

Any ideas ?

Should I work out how to post a log file ? If so which log file should I look for ?

Much appreciated - Julian
    HeyJulian

Server log would help

LMS Home > Settings > Information > scroll to page bottom > Logitech Media Server Log File > /usr/local/slimserver/Logs/server.log (100, 500, 1000 lines, everything, ZIP archive)

Download ZIp archive and attatch to a post

Wait for someone to read it

ronnie

What is the player you are using for BBC Sounds output ?

I know you said latest version of LMS & plugins etc. - please state them just so they can be confirmed. Sometimes there are "development" version which may have relevant fixes

Example - the following are all "latest" but depends on what you install.
    Release LMS is 8.0.0
    Bug fix LMS is 8.0.1
    Development LMS is 8.1.0

There is development BBC Sounds as well as release.