Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

SqueezeAMP - can't change wifi network

Maybe I'm missing something here, and Philippe_44 can point it out?
    I've been trying out a SqueezeAMP driving a pair of tiny speakers. Everything is fine, except now I want to move the speakers to a location where I have to use a WiFi extender.
    I can see the extender's SSID in the list, but after selecting that and entering the password, I get the message "You may lose wifi access while the esp32 recalibrates its radio. Please wait until your device automatically reconnects. This can take up to 30s". This message remains indefinitely, and after a while if I refresh the SqueezeAMP configuration page, it's still connected to the original SSID (and functions normally).

Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 4/pCP7.0/LMS8.0.1/Material with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), spare Pi2/piCorePlayer
    Office: LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3; Raspberry Pi 3 player with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    Portable: Raspberry Pi 3B/pCP6.1.0/LMS8.0.0/Material, files on Seagate portable drive, powered via power brick

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Bob View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something here, and Philippe_44 can point it out?
    I've been trying out a SqueezeAMP driving a pair of tiny speakers. Everything is fine, except now I want to move the speakers to a location where I have to use a WiFi extender.
    I can see the extender's SSID in the list, but after selecting that and entering the password, I get the message "You may lose wifi access while the esp32 recalibrates its radio. Please wait until your device automatically reconnects. This can take up to 30s". This message remains indefinitely, and after a while if I refresh the SqueezeAMP configuration page, it's still connected to the original SSID (and functions normally).

Robert
    If I remember correctly, you need to 1st disconnect from the current network (by clicking the current AP in the WiFi tab and then clicking disconnect button)
    Then SqueezeAmp will go into AP mode and you can select the new network & enter login credentials via AP webpage.

Hope this works.

Edit:
    Oh and if the Extender uses the same SSID as your main network (but runs on a different channel), you need to update this as shown:
    Set WiFI scan Mode to "Comprehensive"
    Name:  WiFi.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  32.8 KB
    (Otherwise, if the channel ID of your main WiFi Net is a lower number than the extender Net, SqueezeAmp will still try to connect to that)

P.S: The edited part might even work w/o the decribed complete disconnect part stated 1st
    Last edited by slimhase; 2020-12-20 at 03:40.

Many thanks slimhase - I was missing the disconnect stage there - it wasn't immediately apparent how to get back to AP mode...

All working well now. This change was made because I've set up my home office in a downstairs bedroom (which is a bit too far from my main wifi network), as I was fed up with working in the living roome. Looks like SE England will be in quite strict lockdown for some time to come...

Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 4/pCP7.0/LMS8.0.1/Material with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), spare Pi2/piCorePlayer
    Office: LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3; Raspberry Pi 3 player with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    Portable: Raspberry Pi 3B/pCP6.1.0/LMS8.0.0/Material, files on Seagate portable drive, powered via power brick

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Bob View Post
    Many thanks slimhase - I was missing the disconnect stage there - it wasn't immediately apparent how to get back to AP mode...

All working well now. This change was made because I've set up my home office in a downstairs bedroom (which is a bit too far from my main wifi network), as I was fed up with working in the living roome. Looks like SE England will be in quite strict lockdown for some time to come...

Robert
    FYI,

I am rewriting the whole WiFi UI and this is one of the scenarios which I have tried addressing. Hopefully, it will work better when I get to release it. It is taking more ime than anticipated because of competing priorities, but also because I have made a significant change of development and this required a bit of adaptation. Going forward, I think the whole UI will work significantly better overall across platform; I am building the app and libraries using webpack, which is far better at optimization than working by hand. I also took the opportunity to build a better mock framework to help speed up testing changes. Flashing an ESP32 on every change takes a ton of time and eventually lead to killing the flash memory 's cells, so mocking locally is a must.

edit:

for the adventurous, you can have a peek preview at the new wifi ui by downloading the artifacts found here
    https://github.com/sle118/squeezelit...runs/436264244
    Last edited by sle118; 2020-12-21 at 10:31.
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    6xSqueezeAmp!
    Contributing to Folding@Home : https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/squeezelite-esp32