Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Options for my dedicated Optiplex 9020

I have a faily large collection (140k+ tracks of variying quality) and am wanting to move away from Synolgy and they're soon to be dropping their support.

I purched an Optiplex 9020 w/8gb ram and stuck a 1tb SSD in the there to house my muisic collection and whatever software I choose. I tried Daphile but getting the files on the same drive as daphile has been proven to be difficult

I would love a barebones Picoreplayer/LMS install experience but dont seem to see Picoreplayer for x86-64.

Debian/ubuntu service is always a route I could take but am wanting the least headaches.

Any help would be greatly appreciate!

Quote Originally Posted by Bukem View Post
    I have a faily large collection (140k+ tracks of variying quality) and am wanting to move away from Synolgy and they're soon to be dropping their support.

I purched an Optiplex 9020 w/8gb ram and stuck a 1tb SSD in the there to house my muisic collection and whatever software I choose. I tried Daphile but getting the files on the same drive as daphile has been proven to be difficult

I would love a barebones Picoreplayer/LMS install experience but dont seem to see Picoreplayer for x86-64.

Debian/ubuntu service is always a route I could take but am wanting the least headaches.

Any help would be greatly appreciate!
    If you're keen on using piCorePlayer, the easiest solution would be to keep your music files on the Synology NAS, and install piCorePlayer and LMS on a Raspberry Pi, pointing the LMS to the Synology.

I'm currently using a Pi4 with pCP/LMS and music files on a QNAP NAS.

Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 4/pCP7.0/LMS8.0.1/Material with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), spare Pi2/piCorePlayer
    Office: LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3; Raspberry Pi 3 player with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    Portable: Raspberry Pi 3B/pCP6.1.0/LMS8.0.0/Material, files on Seagate portable drive, powered via power brick