Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Disable "snooze" on alarm clock

I would like to disable snooze within alarm clock on SQ Radio. I was hoping that changing snooze time to 0 will disable it, but minimum accepted value is 1 (minute)
    Is there any workaround or could I request this as new feature please?

Cheers!
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaca View Post
    I would like to disable snooze within alarm clock on SQ Radio. I was hoping that changing snooze time to 0 will disable it, but minimum accepted value is 1 (minute)
    Is there any workaround or could I request this as new feature please?

Cheers!
    Why do you need to disable snooze? If you don't snooze the alarm it won't snooze.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Why do you need to disable snooze? If you don't snooze the alarm it won't snooze.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    It's for my other half.. if she has option to snooze alarm for few more minutes she would do so and go back to sleep.. over and over (sometimes even for an hour ).. It's terrible habit she is trying to overcome and just have one alarm (perhaps set bit later then original) should solve it. She was going to buy no snooze type alarm cloak but I'm trying to convince her to use Squeezebox Radio instead.. trouble is that snooze is default option once alarm gone off
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

It's for my other half.. if she has option to snooze alarm for few more minutes she would do so and go back to sleep.. over and over (sometimes even for an hour ).. It's terrible habit she is trying to overcome and just have one alarm (perhaps set bit later then original) should solve it. She was going to buy no snooze type alarm cloak but I'm trying to convince her to use Squeezebox Radio instead.. trouble is that snooze is default option once alarm gone off
    I may be missing something, why not cancel the alarm instead of snooze'ing it ?

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    I may be missing something, why not cancel the alarm instead of snooze'ing it ?
    I assume its easy to give yourself extra few minutes of sleep if you having troubles waking up.. when there is such an option ie snooze.

I believe only someone who struggles with waking up can fully understand that.. Its like you are half asleep, half awake and your strong will is not there yet

I assume its easy to give yourself extra few minutes of sleep if you having troubles waking up.. when there is such an option ie snooze.

I believe only someone who struggles with waking up can fully understand that.. Its like you are half asleep, half awake and your strong will is not there yet
    Still don;t understand the requirement.

Alarm is running.
    3 choices - cancel, snooze for x minutes, roll over.

Do you want the buttons just to do nothing ? If so how will Radio be re-enabled ?
    Why not put the alarm out of reach or maybe https://clocky.com/ ?

Why not put the alarm out of reach or maybe https://clocky.com/ ?
    Thats brilliant, I've also heard about mini drone type alarm years back which was wrecking ceiling etc if not turned off.. but both seems bit extreme though.

Still don;t understand the requirement.

Alarm is running.
    3 choices - cancel, snooze for x minutes, roll over.

Do you want the buttons just to do nothing ? If so how will Radio be re-enabled ?
    Well.. initially I did think that if you set snooze time value to 0 .. Radio will only display turn off option (default snooze will not be visible)

but after consideration.. you wouldn't need anything on screen .. you can turn it off with power button or just continue listening.. So basically if snooze time is 0 , alarm function works as "turn on time automation"

I know in past some people requested longer alarm time.. I assume for exactly that reason..