Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Control Panel for LMS is not starting up after upgrade to 8.0.1, when LMS is running

Windows 7PL
    2x Xeon machine
    LMS 8.0.1

cannot start Control Panel while LMS is running
    starting screen is showing up, and than gone, and control panel is not starting
    it did start with LMV version 7.8.x

I can start it only after stopping LMS and closing it
    than I can start it in administrative mode by running "squeezeboxcp.exe"

if when in control panel, I will start LMS, after a short while control panel is suddenly disappearing.
    and cannot be started again. LMS is not starter

but if I start LMS normally, (not from Control Panel) all the database and Squeezbox Touch music is running fine
    andy

Same issue

I am having the exact same issue with Control Panel not starting up/disappearing.

Windows Server Essentials 2016
    VMware VM - Host does have 2x Xeons
    LMS 8.0.1

Problem happens both in console and via RDP session.

Thanks in advance.
    Michael (SpectrumTic)

same problem with 8.1

still not possible to start Control Panel in. LMS 8.1, while LMS is running
    andy

I can start the control panel (LMS V8.1 under M1 Big Sur) but it looses the information about the folders with the music. So if I start rescan, it does nothing. These folders are on the external disc, which is connected with Thunderbolt connection. I resolved the issue by restarting the server.

It works!

I'm able to open the control panel! I guess it was the most recent update, 8.1.2, that resolved the issue for me.

Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by spectrumtic View Post
    I'm able to open the control panel! I guess it was the most recent update, 8.1.2, that resolved the issue for me.

Thank you!!
    I spoke too soon. It stopped working on the next update.

Control panel just dissapperaing

Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 - 1617513382 @ Sun Apr 4 07:33:15 WEDT 2021
    Windows 10

I have the same problem that the LMS control panel starts and dissappears without getting any control over it.

Any solution yet?

Is it possible to enter and change information manually in any configuration file?

Quote Originally Posted by Rober View Post
    Is it possible to enter and change information manually in any configuration file?
    What is it that you want to change? I've not found anything that couldn't be done from the LMS settings themselves.

I'm on Win10 and the Control panel opens fine for me - Version: 8.1.2 - 1617513319 @ Sun Apr 4 08:26:40 WEDT 2021
    Last edited by w3wilkes; 2021-04-06 at 09:02.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 8.1.2 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 8.1.2 on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Hi,
    maybe the program is just minimiized. After selecting the icon type <ALT>+<SPACE> then there should be a menu to maximize the program. Another possibility would be that the program is located outside the vivible desktop. With the above combination then you cold move the program windown with the arrow keys.

Me too

Quote Originally Posted by chirhonix View Post
    Hi,
    maybe the program is just minimiized. After selecting the icon type <ALT>+<SPACE> then there should be a menu to maximize the program. Another possibility would be that the program is located outside the vivible desktop. With the above combination then you cold move the program windown with the arrow keys.
    No, I have the same issue and the Control Panel is definitely not running - you can see the program start and then die in the Task Manager. Double click on squeezeboxcp.exe - the splash appears and then shortly after vanishes and the program disappears from task manager. Can't see any logging anywhere, not even Windows Event Viewer.

Not sure when the problem started but fairly recently.

Version: Logitech Media Server Version: 8.1.2 - 1617991245 @ Fri Apr 9 20:47:54 WEDT 2021
    Windows 10 20H2 fully up to date.