Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Good tip, didn't spot that.

However, after a couple of minutes of inactivity the screen goes to the home screen with no obvious way back.

Also opening silk browser cuts off the bluetooth connection, seems it can't multitask!
    I have a Fire tablet and loaded Firefox (got tired of Silk) - can Firefox be installed on Echo Show ?

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    I have a Fire tablet and loaded Firefox (got tired of Silk) - can Firefox be installed on Echo Show ?
    Yes, Firefox is supported.
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 7.0.1/pi screen/Hifiberry DAC HAT Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Garage - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
    Dining Room - Pi3B/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Good tip, didn't spot that.

However, after a couple of minutes of inactivity the screen goes to the home screen with no obvious way back.

Also opening silk browser cuts off the bluetooth connection, seems it can't multitask!
    If you say “Alexa, show Firefox” the browser returns and if you have pinned Material to the Echo bookmarks, you can reopen.

I’m gonna have a try at adding support for APL to my skill as it has an OpenUrl feature that would (maybe) allow me to auto launch Material when you stream from MediaServer. After all, the skill does know the LAN IP address of your LMS.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa
    It's installed as standard.

Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    The Echo Show itself. Using the MediaServer Alexa skill, you can stream audio from LMS to any Amazon Echo device.
    If you're streaming from LMS to your Echo Show using your skill, can you have Firefox running on the Echo show at the same time, and can you control what's playing on the Echo Show with Firefox?
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)

If you're streaming from LMS to your Echo Show using your skill, can you have Firefox running on the Echo show at the same time, and can you control what's playing on the Echo Show with Firefox?
    Yes. The Show will appear among your LMS players as ‘axios from Alexa’. When you change the playlist using Firefox, to overcome the buffer in the Show delaying the new command from executing, just say “Alexa, resume” and the audio will change immediately as that clears the buffer.

Yes. The Show will appear among your LMS players as ‘axios from Alexa’. When you change the playlist using Firefox, to overcome the buffer in the Show delaying the new command from executing, just say “Alexa, resume” and the audio will change immediately as that clears the buffer.
    Interesting! But way too convoluted for me, I'll stick to bluetooth from a hidden RPi/pCP in the same room, and use an old phone as a display and controller.

Interesting! But way too convoluted for me, I'll stick to bluetooth from a hidden RPi/pCP in the same room, and use an old phone as a display and controller.
    For sure it’s easier if you have the skill anyway to just use your voice instead of a GUI. Zero convolution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For sure it’s easier if you have the skill anyway to just use your voice instead of a GUI. Zero convolution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't have the skill, that's the problem, it's much too complex for me to even consider.

Also, I really, really, really, have a problem talking to a piece of plastic. I bought the Echo Show so SWMBO can play Scala Radio, (she never could come to grips with either the SB Radio or Boom).

I sometimes use the device when I'm in the kitchen baking.