Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by reinholdk View Post
    Same for me, no cifs-util.

I do have an ASUS router (different model) and attached an usb drive and enabled samba on the router. While I can access from Windows w/o problem, I got the error when mounting from pCP. Also tried with user and pwd field set to 1, also disabled anonymous access on the router and added real user and pwd to pCP's mount line. Still the same.
    I had pCP 6,1 and now there is 7.0 ! so I redowloaded, reFlashed and dit all configuration, then I installed cifs-utils from the extensions that are now available.. and I eventually got it mounted! now it's visible in LMS and everything seems to work!

[INFO] mount -v -t cifs -o credentials=/home/tc/.cifs.cred,vers=2.0,uid=1001,gid=50 //10.0.0.1/"sda2" /mnt/Musica

[ INFO ] Disk Mounted Successfully.

Thanks everybody! thet was really helpful!

now do you see any problem in having gifs-utils installed? would that lower PCP performance?

BTW, when I configure SAMBA on my ASUS router to allow guest login (anonymous access), I see the volume name (sda2 in the example above) as share name in Windows (\\router\volume). But when I disable guest login, the volume name is no longer visible and I see all the folders in the volume as shares in Windows (\\router\folder1, \\router\folder2,...).

Great you've got it working now. Time to move to pCP v7...

Quote Originally Posted by mibigo View Post
    I had pCP 6,1 and now there is 7.0 ! so I redowloaded, reFlashed and dit all configuration, then I installed cifs-utils from the extensions that are now available.. and I eventually got it mounted! now it's visible in LMS and everything seems to work!

[INFO] mount -v -t cifs -o credentials=/home/tc/.cifs.cred,vers=2.0,uid=1001,gid=50 //10.0.0.1/"sda2" /mnt/Musica

[ INFO ] Disk Mounted Successfully.

Thanks everybody! thet was really helpful!

now do you see any problem in having gifs-utils installed? would that lower PCP performance?
    Excellent, well done.

Can't help with the gifs-utils question.

Kev

Having cifs-utils installed is no big deal. There is no daemon running because of it. The only thing is that there are quite a few dependencies. A good 15-20 extra extensions over what you would have on a simple install. It will use a slight bit more ram, and will take an extra few seconds during bootup.

Code:
    cifs-utils.tcz
       krb5.tcz
          keyutils.tcz
          openssl.tcz
             ca-certificates.tcz
       libcap-ng.tcz
       samba4-lib.tcz
          gamin.tcz
          gnutls.tcz
             libidn2.tcz
                libunistring.tcz
             unbound.tcz
                expat2.tcz
                openssl.tcz
                   ca-certificates.tcz
             nettle.tcz
                gmp.tcz
             p11-kit.tcz
                libtasn1.tcz
          libacl.tcz
             libattr.tcz
          libcap.tcz
          jansson.tcz
          icu.tcz
          talloc.tcz
       talloc.tcz
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Having cifs-utils installed is no big deal. There is no daemon running because of it. The only thing is that there are quite a few dependencies. A good 15-20 extra extensions over what you would have on a simple install. It will use a slight bit more ram, and will take an extra few seconds during bootup.
    mmh... doesn't sound good but I suppose I have no choice, as if disinstall it I won't be able to mount the disk.. or once it is mounted I can disinstall it..? but then what happens once you reboot, I suppose the disk has to me mounted at each reboot of the Pi? Am I right?

by the way (sorry I don't want to open another thread, I will if necessary..) but I realized just now that when I go to the LMS and try to play a song, the Squeezelite player stops running; I go to PcP to restart, go back to LMS the player is there I relaunch the song and it stops again.. does that has something to so with cifs-utils?

If you are trying to play an alac file, that has been fixed. Do a full update on squeezelite....button is near the top of the main pCP web page.

If I it is not an alac file, or updating doesnĺt solve your problem...start a new thread with details.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    If you are trying to play an alac file, that has been fixed. Do a full update on squeezelite....button is near the top of the main pCP web page.

If I it is not an alac file, or updating doesnĺt solve your problem...start a new thread with details.
    Thank you Paul; well I did a full update; and the player now stays, however I can't hear nothing.. I see the tune playing but can't hear any sound..

I will investigate.

ZFS filesystem on FreeNAS/TrueNAS

Just in case it helps anyone else...
    I've been migrating away from a Vortexbox based solution to PcP with LMS and my music files on a home-built NAS.
    The NAS software is TrueNAS (was FreeNAS) and it uses ZFS as the filesystem.
    Couldn't get PcP to mount the TrueNAS Samba share until I installed cifs-utils.tcz. Now it works beautifully!
    thanks