Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    It looks like you're trying to set a network mount, you should be filling out the USB mount fields just above the network mount, see mine below. (I have 2 mounted USB drives).

Attachment 32810
    Is it a USB mount if it is connected to the USB on the router?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Is it a USB mount if it is connected to the USB on the router?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Oops . . . missed that bit.

Sorry about the duff info.
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 7.0.1/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

[QUOTE=kidstypike;1002542]It looks like you're trying to set a network mount, you should be filling out the USB mount fields just above the network mount, see mine below. (I have 2 mounted USB drives).

Thanks, but It cannot be that simple!.. ;-) indeed my usb drive is connected to the router not to the RPI, therefore the RPI doesn't see it as a USB (see below); of course I tried successfully to mount it when attached to the RPI USB port, but for several reasons (amongst other that I don't think the RPI can manage the portable disk which has no power) and moreover I need that the disk to be available to other devices; hence the decision to connect it to the router so that I can see it to the entire network.. anyhow there should be a way to connect it as network drive.. unfortunately the example provided by the PCP documentation makes the case of a sinology NAS, but that's another scenario not mine.

Name:  Schermata 2021-01-03 alle 17.10.44.png
Views: 58
Size:  36.8 KB

[ERROR] Disk Mount Error, Try to Reboot.

What you were trying at first seems to be correct ... because your MAC mounts it using smb://

Try changing the Vers=1.0 to Vers=2.0 or to Vers=3.0

Hopefully the SMB server in the router translate the HFS file system to real Windows-like SMB
    Last edited by Paul Webster; 2021-01-03 at 09:38.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    What you were trying at first seems to be correct ... because your MAC mounts it using smb://
    Try changing the Vers=1.0 to Vers=2.0 or to Vers=3.0
    Thank you I tried all three options, but always getting [ERROR] Disk Mount Error, Try to Reboot...
    And in fact when I go to the LMS web page I can see the mounting point but cannot browse it..

The point is I think that there is something wrong in the path I provide.. the fact is that I don't understand the INFO provided by the PCP..
    [INFO] mount -v -t cifs -o Vers=2.0,uid=1001,gid=50 //10.0.0.1/"sda2" /mnt/MusicFiles

Hopefully the SMB server in the router translate the HFS file system to real Windows-like SMB
    Well Volumio can see it, therefore I suppose that another linux distro should also see it.. by the way If I install the plugin for LMS within Volumio, it works...

Name:  Schermata 2021-01-03 alle 17.57.18.png
Views: 56
Size:  16.9 KB
    Last edited by mibigo; 2021-01-03 at 10:04.

Is your RPi on the same network (10.0.0.something)?
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Is your RPi on the same network (10.0.0.something)?
    Yes of course.. is 10.0.0.6

Does your Volumio installation show the command that it used to mount the remote drive?
    Paul Webster

Quote Originally Posted by mibigo View Post
    Yes of course.. is 10.0.0.6
    by the way when I use the LMS in volumio, I can see the path it mounts which is something like /mnt/NAS/MyName/Media .. which is quite strange to me: name is the name I gave the disk when I formatted it with the Mac.. and Media is the subfolder containing the Music Files in the drive, NAS I don't know where it does take from.. (probably in Volumio the drive is identified with NAS) but I tried all of these names and it doesn't work either

by the way Media is a subfolder of the the folder Music, so it should be /mnt/NAS/MyName/Music/Media..

What is the configuration of your router. Is it open (no password) or is there a username and password configured. The manual is a bit vague as to authentication options.

A few things to try.
    1) If there is no password to access, try putting a "1" in both the username and password field. Sometimes mount just likes to have those fields populated.
    2) Setup a username and password on your router for the share, then obviously add it to the mount line.
    3) If there is still a problem, try adding the "cifs-utils" extension. That is the official mount helpers for cifs/samba......we don't include it by default as it is quite heavy, and most don't need it. But give it a shot if the password options above don't work.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer