Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

[ERROR] Disk Mount Error, Try to Reboot.

Hey guys, so I've installed pCP with LMS on my Raspberry Pi and I'm trying to mount a network drive. My Windows 7 machine is always on, and all my music is on it. I have 3 disk drives mapped as network drives, and on one of them is my music. It's on disk A in a folder named Muzika. So A:\Muzika. The Windows computer has a fixed local IP address at 192.168.0.150. You can check out some of my screenshots below. But I get this error when I try to mount it:

[ INFO ] Mount configuration changed for 192.168.0.150:/%2FA+disk%2FMuzika

[ INFO ] Unmounting Old Mount Point: /mnt/Muzika.

[ INFO ] New Mount Point /mnt/Muzika is not in use.

[ INFO ] Checking new Mount Point /mnt/Muzika.

[ INFO ] New Mount Point /mnt/Muzika is not in use.

[ INFO ] Mounting Disk.

[INFO] mount -v -t nfs -o addr=192.168.0.150,nolock, 192.168.0.150:"/A disk/Muzika" /mnt/Muzika

[ INFO ] Backing up files to /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/mydata.tgz/ Done.

[ OK ] Backup successful.

Name:  Screenshot_1.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  28.8 KBName:  Screenshot_2.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  15.0 KBName:  Screenshot_3.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  53.5 KB

Since it is Windows it would be cifs not nfs.
    Also I would take the space out of the share name just to remove another possibility for problems.

You might need a vers=2.0 to mount an old version of Windows.

Press on the "more" link in the pCP page for extra info about where that settings goes.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

OK, I will try that. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Since it is Windows it would be cifs not nfs.
    Also I would take the space out of the share name just to remove another possibility for problems.

You might need a vers=2.0 to mount an old version of Windows.

Press on the "more" link in the pCP page for extra info about where that settings goes.
    Nope, that didn't work. I did manage to mount without an error, with the setup like on the screenshot below, but there is no point to that, because my music library is not in that folder. It's in a subfolder. But I don't know how to enter the subfolder with CIFS selected.

Views: 147
Size:  18.4 KB

Once the mount is working you then navigate into the subfolder via the LMS web interface not the pCP one.
    Just go into LMS/settings and it should ask for the music location.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Nope, it didn't ask me anything. Also, I don't see that option. I only see local mounts on my Pi.

Name:  Screenshot_2.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  32.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Nabukodonosor View Post
    Nope, that didn't work. I did manage to mount without an error, with the setup like on the screenshot below, but there is no point to that, because my music library is not in that folder. It's in a subfolder. But I don't know how to enter the subfolder with CIFS selected.

Views: 147
Size:  18.4 KB
    In your screenshot you've not enabled the mount (tick in the first box)
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 7.0.1/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

I know, that's just an example for the screenshot. I did enable it and clicked the Set NET Mount button below.

Same problem but with an USB disk connected to the Router

Hi, I'm completely new to Linux, PicorePlayer and LMS

I just installed my first Raspberry Pi and tried to configure PiCore Player following the instructions on the site; however when it comes to network drives the example provided does not exactly match my case; I have a portable 4TB USB drive connected to the USB port on the router: On my Mac it shows like smb://10.0.0.1/sda2/Music/Media or //router/sda2/Music/Media (Music being the folder where the files reside, actually is a copy of my Music folder on the Mac); see the screenshot below.

Name:  Schermata 2021-01-03 alle 16.05.40.png
Views: 106
Size:  26.1 KB

The point is that I'm totally newbie to mounting disk; I don't actually understand where should I mount and how the disk, or what I should write in the pCP LMS fields; for me it is just available on the network (with Volumio for example I ca easily select it as my music source) but I don't know how to do it with pCP.. I tried several share names but I always get the same error message (see below): it is clear that I don't have any idea on how the RPI "sees" my network drive (which is not a NAS, just a usb drive connected to the Router an ASUSRT68U) ; last but not least the drive is formatted with MAC HFS filesystem, however I installed the support for other file systems in pCP..)

Does any one have any suggestion?

mibigo

[ INFO ] Mount configuration changed for 10.0.0.1:/sda2
    [ INFO ] Unmounting Old Mount Point: /mnt/MusicFiles.
    [ INFO ] New Mount Point /mnt/MusicFiles is not in use.
    [ INFO ] Checking new Mount Point /mnt/MusicFiles.
    [ INFO ] Mounting Disk.
    [INFO] mount -v -t cifs -o Vers=1.0,uid=1001,gid=50 //10.0.0.1/"sda2" /mnt/MusicFiles

Name:  Schermata 2021-01-03 alle 16.23.39.png
Size:  55.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mibigo View Post
    Hi, I'm completely new to Linux, PicorePlayer and LMS

I just installed my first Raspberry Pi and tried to configure PiCore Player following the instructions on the site; however when it comes to network drives the example provided does not exactly match my case; I have a portable 4TB USB drive connected to the USB port on the router: On my Mac it shows like smb://10.0.0.1/sda2/Music/Media or //router/sda2/Music/Media (Music being the folder where the files reside, actually is a copy of my Music folder on the Mac); see the screenshot below.

The point is that I'm totally newbie to mounting disk; I don't actually understand where should I mount and how the disk, or what I should write in the pCP LMS fields; for me it is just available on the network (with Volumio for example I ca easily select it as my music source) but I don't know how to do it with pCP.. I tried several share names but I always get the same error message (see below): it is clear that I don't have any idea on how the RPI "sees" my network drive (which is not a NAS, just a usb drive connected to the Router an ASUSRT68U) ; last but not least the drive is formatted with MAC HFS filesystem, however I installed the support for other file systems in pCP..)

Does any one have any suggestion?

mibigo

[ INFO ] Mount configuration changed for 10.0.0.1:/sda2
    [ INFO ] Unmounting Old Mount Point: /mnt/MusicFiles.
    [ INFO ] Checking new Mount Point /mnt/MusicFiles.
    [ INFO ] Mounting Disk.
    [INFO] mount -v -t cifs -o Vers=1.0,uid=1001,gid=50 //10.0.0.1/"sda2" /mnt/MusicFiles

Name:  Schermata 2021-01-03 alle 16.23.39.png
Size:  55.8 KB
    It looks like you're trying to set a network mount, you should be filling out the USB mount fields just above the network mount, see mine below. (I have 2 mounted USB drives).

Name:  USBmount.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  65.1 KB
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 7.0.1/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi