Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BBC iPlayer giving Error410, gone

Hello
    I am having trouble with pCP getting BBC iplayer and iplayer extra, it has worked up to recently but has stopped. Radio 3 live uk works perfectly but iplayer gives: there was an error loading remote feed (error410, gone) and also the same on other stations.
    Has anyone any ideas what is wrong.
    Thanks

BBC iPlayer giving Error410, gone

Breathe a sigh of relief as you install and configure the "BBC Sounds" plugin.
    Search here for iPlayer for more.
    Last edited by Paul Webster; 2020-12-07 at 01:06.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Quote Originally Posted by diode84 View Post
    Hello
    I am having trouble with pCP getting BBC iplayer and iplayer extra, it has worked up to recently but has stopped. Radio 3 live uk works perfectly but iplayer gives: there was an error loading remote feed (error410, gone) and also the same on other stations.
    Has anyone any ideas what is wrong.
    Thanks
    Many many posts already on this issues.
    see
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post998144

Register with BBC Sounds on BBC Sounds websites and then install BBC Sounds plugin from LMS 3rd Parties plugins. It should be linked to BBC sounds apps and browser.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Breathe a sigh of relief as you install and configure the "BBC Sounds" plugin.
    Search here for iPlayer for more.
    I have installed BBC Sounds plugin 2.6.8. Do I uninstall iPlayer plugin as still have no BBC iPlayer and extra. Its worse as I even pay my license fee ( First time ever).
    Any ideas

The BBC iPlayer plugin still works for live streams and it might spring back into life for On Demand stuff if the BBC changes were a mistake, temporary or reversed due to loud complaints from an important customer.
    If you have any favourites set to use it then you should certainly keep it until you reprogramme them.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

I have installed BBC Sounds plugin 2.6.8. Do I uninstall iPlayer plugin as still have no BBC iPlayer and extra. Its worse as I even pay my license fee ( First time ever).
    Any ideas
    BBCiPlayer and BBCiPlayerExtra plugin are not related to BBC Sounds. They can coexist.

BBC Sounds is a new separate plugin menu which by default is installed under My Apps / BBC Sounds
    You can change to to appear under Radio by changing the BBC Sounds plugin setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    The BBC iPlayer plugin still works for live streams and it might spring back into life for On Demand stuff if the BBC changes were a mistake, temporary or reversed due to loud complaints from an important customer.
    If you have any favourites set to use it then you should certainly keep it until you reprogramme them.
    Thanks, if I was important I would complain, but I am not.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    BBCiPlayer and BBCiPlayerExtra plugin are not related to BBC Sounds. They can coexist.

BBC Sounds is a new separate plugin menu which by default is installed under My Apps / BBC Sounds
    You can change to to appear under Radio by changing the BBC Sounds plugin setting.
    Thanks bpa, I will be patient.

Thanks, if I was important I would complain, but I am not.
    BBC ignores technical complaints.
    They used to have a message board for feedback and then they shut it down.
    A while back, some people (and vendors) with BBCiPlayer capable TVs complained when BBC change BBCiPlayer and killed that feature on fairly new TVs.

I have now got the BBC Sounds plugin to work, I did not realise that I had to sign in to the BBC.
    Still experimenting with it.
    I should say I have it going on Daphile not yet on pCP as I can not find BBC Sounds plugin
    Last edited by diode84; 2020-12-07 at 12:47.